Halo 4 - Part 1

I liked the Mantis. And the Infinity was cool.

Even the Didact was alright.

Spartan IV's just don't live up to the name. Come talk to me when they take out a Covenant super-carrier like Jorge, or hold an entire Covenant army at bay, like Six and Emile.

And people said Reach didn't have strong supporting characters...

Let's be fair here... HALO CE didn't have an amazing supporting cast. 4 is like that... It's a focus on MC and Cortana again... I'm sure we'll learn more of everything else in the next game.

The Spartan 4's are kind of... New... So of course they're not going to measure up to the II's yet... Hell Spartan III's didn't measure up to II's..

And really, what did we know of the Spartan II program in CE? Basically nothing.

Got my game today, really enjoying it. :awesome: Though I do have my few nitpicks. I just deactivated the first beam, trying to contact Infinity. So I'm not too far into the game, but the Prometheans already get tiresome quickly. And I don't really feel these Promethean weapons. They don't have enough oomph for my taste and it feels like they barely do any damage unless I shoot the enemy point blank. The Promethean weapon I hate the most is the standard rifle. Piece. Of. S**t.

But maybe it's because I'm playing on heroic. It just really takes a while to break through those shields. Is there a Promethean weapon equivalent of the Covenant's Plasma Pistol?

Last edited:
The promethian pistol has the charge shot that will either one shot kill things or take shields off completely.

Wish I had known that. Thanks. This will hopefully make future confrontations less annoying.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's very, very close range only and you can't charge for ever, it automatically fires after like 2 or 3 seconds. It's called the Boltshot.

Yeah the Promethean weapons feel weak to me as well. Anytime I die and come back with that rifle and pistol, I wanna scream.

Yeah, but it's very, very close range only and you can't charge for ever, it automatically fires after like 2 or 3 seconds. It's called the Boltshot.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure I would have come back ranting, after a few tries. Now I know what to expect.

Yeah the Promethean weapons feel weak to me as well. Anytime I die and come back with that rifle and pistol, I wanna scream.

I'm not quite there yet, but it's inevitable. Rage is simply part of the program.

They're not terrible, they're just different. You get so used to the covenant/UNSC weapons and their different effects on a covvie, it's just a matter of adjusting. For instance, the Light Rifle technically does more damage than the DMR, it's just a matter of adjusting to the scope. Similarly, the Supressor has a much higher rate of fire than the assault rifle but it's close range only.

And also, most of those weapons just suck or feel underpowered in campaign but if you end up using them in MP, it's a different story.

I love the Promethean weapons, the Suppressor is awesome for assaulting Knights.

I think I made a mistake by playing Spartan Ops for the first time by myself, and on Heroic. It made me ****ing hate the mode. Ghosts and Wraths everywhere, Elites armed to the teeth with Rod Guns and Flak Cannons, all on wide, open terrain, where it's hard to miss a lone little Spartan, that's trying to avoid enemy fire from all kinds of directions.

I was close to raging. It sucks that I can only find games for current Episodes. I don't know enough people to form a party.

You get infinite respawns and no penalty for dying though. I finished all of them alone on Legendary.

Even without Penalty, I just don't like dying. I have like a voice in the back of my head shouting "You suck!", every time I bite the dust. Also, it was pretty boring all by myself.

I did Spartan Ops Solo on Legendary and it was a HUGE pain in the ass. Every ****ing enemy seemed to have a fuel rod cannon. I learned really quickly to stay out of any vehicle. It's best to stay back with the DMR and pick them off one by one.

I'm not touching any of this co-opable stuff in solo. Unnecessary aggravation! lol

I'm not touching any of this co-opable stuff in solo. Unnecessary aggravation! lol

I'm only doing it because I don't have enough friends on Live and there's no matchmaking for Episode 1. So I'm trying to get this behind me so I can play Episode 2 online. Anyway, played Chapter 2, on easy and with a DMR equipped. So much less aggravating. I only died once due to stupidity.

I played Reach alone on Legendary for the achievement... I doubt I do that this time around, haha.

I'm only doing it because I don't have enough friends on Live and there's no matchmaking for Episode 1. So I'm trying to get this behind me so I can play Episode 2 online. Anyway, played Chapter 2, on easy and with a DMR equipped. So much less aggravating. I only died once due to stupidity.
How many people does this mode support? I have a regular group but happy to help if needed (although I'm not that good at Halo). Is there any benefit to playing on a harder difficulty like achievements or something? Otherwise I'd just do whatever is more fun.

Also how does Spartan Ops work? Will the old episodes all be available later for people who haven't yet started or is there like one current one up at a time? Sorry for 20 questions but my copy still hasn't arrived (unless it got here this morning after I left). :cmad:

It's up to four people. Spartan Ops is basically a second campaign but with Firefight qualities. You pick your own loadout and even if you die while playing alone you just respawn and any enemy you killed stays dead.

Yes, you can play old episodes... Even after you beat them.

I played Reach alone on Legendary for the achievement... I doubt I do that this time around, haha.

Same here. I'll get to doing that in this game eventually but it's much harder this time around. Those Crawlers are a holes.

Ok, forget what I said about less aggravating. Played Chapter 3, on normal, with a DMR. I. ****ing. Hate. Prometheans.

How many people does this mode support? I have a regular group but happy to help if needed (although I'm not that good at Halo). Is there any benefit to playing on a harder difficulty like achievements or something? Otherwise I'd just do whatever is more fun.

It supports up to 4 players. And I really have no idea if you get different achievements or more Exp depending on the difficulty.

Also how does Spartan Ops work? Will the old episodes all be available later for people who haven't yet started or is there like one current one up at a time? Sorry for 20 questions but my copy still hasn't arrived (unless it got here this morning after I left). :cmad:

Episode 1 is still available, but it doesn't support matchmaking right now. You can play it by yourself, or with a party, but can't hook up with random people. Because only the latest Episode gets matchmaking support, for whatever reason.

It's up to four people. Spartan Ops is basically a second campaign but with Firefight qualities. You pick your own loadout and even if you die while playing alone you just respawn and any enemy you killed stays dead.
I actually love that kind of thing even if unbelievably difficult. A battle of attrition against a tonne of enemies where just taking out one guy before you go down can be a success. At least you are always making progress. 4 players cool, will wait then till all the guys I play with have bought the game.

Yes, you can play old episodes... Even after you beat them.
Nice, liking the sound of this mode more now I'm hearing more about it.

Ok, forget what I said about less aggravating. Played Chapter 3, on normal, with a DMR. I. ****ing. Hate. Prometheans.

It supports up to 4 players. And I really have no idea if you get different achievements or more Exp depending on the difficulty.

Episode 1 is still available, but it doesn't support matchmaking right now. You can play it by yourself, or with a party, but can't hook up with random people. Because only the latest Episode gets matchmaking support, for whatever reason.
Haha, that didn't last long!

Just drop the difficulty then dude, even casual if it saves the trouble. :woot:

I might play through a load of these in one go then with the same group of people. If enemies don't respawn, with 4 people it should be manageable however hard as you could take out or do damage to a good bunch of enemies per team respawn.

*phew* Done with chapter 5. Now I can move onto Episode 2 and play with some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"