Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, the full track, and it's NOT blocked in the states :) [YT]OKCAIJYpiTo[/YT]
dayum, Dayum, DAYUM!!!!

This track is epic, wrapped in epicness, with a side of epic, stuffed in a bag of epical proportions and served a nice cup of epic to wash it down!

I really like it. I like how Zimmer has been able to make Superman's distinctly Americana. This is literally the first time I've heard a Superhero theme evoke his country of origin (if not birth). I find it way better than his mediocre showing with the Dark knight Rises. i was disappointed with Hans in that one. This score seems to put him back to the quality of his Sherlock Holmes and Inception scores.

Flight reminds me of some epic modern western. Do I approve?

I think so.

"Flight" is great!

Hans Zimmer is a genius. I cant think of a composer who could've taken on this job and done better than Zimmer. John who?

I was worried about Zimmer before for MoS but it seems he got the tone for Superman.

Yeah, not what I expected at all (with the steel-guitars and such), but it's sounding very promising, and thankfully unique enough to not disappear in the sometimes generic Zimmer-verse.

I think there are better composers (Elfman/Powell-perhaps Giachinno) BUT I do think it's gonna have the most memorable soundtrack for me in nearly ten years (Spider-Man 2 takes the cake of millennial superhero scores).

I feel like Superman brings out the best in DC when the films are at its best. The Donner films are still fun to watch, though parts of II haven't aged well and the first movie isn't really suitable for modern age superman. That being said, it might be John William's second best theme, and yes, I like it over Star Wars (My favorite of his theme is the classic Raiders march).

Chris Reeve is probably the strongest lead actor in DC films so far, followed by Rorschach (ironically enough).

I feel like Hans is actually branching out and aiming for a gentle and contemplative sound for the quieter moments, and adding more musical complexity in terms of notation structure for the bigger ones. I'm VERY critical of him, and very few pieces of music in his latest albums impress me.

So to say that I'm dying to hear the full track of Krypton falls and hear the score in the music is a testament to how much effort he seems to be putting into this score. MOS will have the best SFX of superhero movies, easily the best visuals, probably the best score and the most prestigious cast. And that's assuming the script isn't awesome :)

so is Flight the trailer 3 music/theme?

does it include the soft piano music at the beginning of the trailer?

I can't listen to the track right now.

so is Flight the trailer 3 music/theme?

does it include the soft piano music at the beginning of the trailer?

I can't listen to the track right now.

No, it's that other theme with the choir and retro feel. With the steel-guitar. Sounds like the actual hero-theme.

Hans Zimmer is a genius. I cant think of a composer who could've taken on this job and done better than Zimmer. John who?

Oh... you mean the future composer of Star Wars Episode 7?

That's disrespectful and not needed, btw.

oh, you mean John Williams, who did the scores for:
Rhythm in Motion, Valley of the Dolls, Fiddler on the Roof, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Star Wars, Superman, Top Gun, 1941, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET The Extra Terrestrial, Temple of Doom, The River, Empire of the Sun, Born on the Fourth of July, The Last Crusade, Always, Home Alone, Hook, Far and Away, Home Alone 2, JFK, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Nixon, Sleepers, Amistad, Seven Years in Tibet, The Lost World, Saving Private Ryan, The Phantom Menace, The Patriot, AI Artificial Intelligence, Catch Me if You Can, Minority Report, Attack of the Clones, Prison of Azkaban, The Terminal, Memoirs of a Geisha, Munich, revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds, Black Sunday, The Long Goodbye, and Lincoln?

THAT John?
:whatever:

Someone said the music in the latest trailer is called "General Zod", but some parts of it sound almost too heroic for a villain imo. Is is it possible that certain Superman themes/motifs have also been woven in?? The bit that kicks in just after the 1:05 minute mark where Henry flies through a collapsing building sounds more like something suitable for a Hero coming to the rescue to my ears?

Rhythm in Motion, Valley of the Dolls, Fiddler on the Roof, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Star Wars, Superman, Top Gun, 1941, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET The Extra Terrestrial, Temple of Doom, The River, Empire of the Sun, Born on the Fourth of July, The Last Crusade, Always, Home Alone, Hook, Far and Away, Home Alone 2, JFK, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Nixon, Sleepers, Amistad, Seven Years in Tibet, The Lost World, Saving Private Ryan, The Phantom Menace, The Patriot, AI Artificial Intelligence, Catch Me if You Can, Minority Report, Attack of the Clones, Prison of Azkaban, The Terminal, Memoirs of a Geisha, Munich, revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds, Black Sunday, The Long Goodbye, and Lincoln?

THAT John?

You forgot both (TV) 'Lost in Space' themes!!:cwink:

THAT John?
LOL, yes that john. I was being sarcastic.

^ Yeah, Willaims is the best composer for creating themes.

That being said, his more traditional style might not suit the more "blockbuster" nature of MOS, but I wouldn't mind considering him as a composer for this movie.

Ultimately, Zimmer's popular, modern, and adds a sense of identity to his scores.

While he's not my top pick for this film, what he's done with MOS is better than what I have anticipated, and am looking forward to the music made for this feature. But why do we feel like we have to bash the old to welcome the new?

Is Jerry Goldsmith any less awesome because of later composers? Would the use of synths and electric guitars work for Superman the movie?

Composers are hired for what they do on a subconscious level. Anything else is a bonus :)

I really like it. I like how Zimmer has been able to make Superman's distinctly Americana. This is literally the first time I've heard a Superhero theme evoke his country of origin (if not birth). I find it way better than his mediocre showing with the Dark knight Rises. i was disappointed with Hans in that one. This score seems to put him back to the quality of his Sherlock Holmes and Inception scores.

Agreed. Something I was worried when Zimmer was signed on to score was that he wouldn't really be able to capture the essence of Superman, but from everything we've heard of so far, it looks like he's proved me wrong. It's like the notes are saying "Superman".

^ I like his Clark theme. It looks like he's gonna try to capture the duality of the character. To be truthful, the piano sounds less like normal Zimmer, and more like Newman. And I'm perfectly fine with that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"