• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the the screening story is true is does raise any eybrow ot two. It's not just the replaceable comment. But the statement that it seems many felt Cavill's performance was lacking, followed by Cavill's performance was painfull to watch. But it doesn't mean it's time to panic.

But whose saying these things? We don't even know if they're true

I believe that person saw it, and I believe that is their opinion. A few people said the same about Reeve back when Superman: The Movie came out. I'm not going to let this persons opinion influence my own. Neither should you. Just accept that it's what this one person thinks and move on.

I would if I knew it was real, we don't know it is. I'm not fussed what others think at all.

Of course you don't let this person's opinion influence your own. But if the story is true and most people from the screening found his performance to be lacking I'm not going to pretend that it's good. But it doesn't mean anyone should overreact.

There were multiple negative reactions to Cavill? I'm only aware of one critic's opinion.

Of course you don't let this person's opinion influence your own. But if the story is true and most people from the screening found his performance to be lacking I'm not going to pretend that it's good. But it doesn't mean anyone should overreact.

Hang on I heard there was one tweet saying his performance was lacking? Where's the other tweets? For all I know they have seen it but I'd be more likely to believe them if it'd been confirmed they'd actually seen the movie.

The story of the screening may or may not be true. We went over this the night of the tweet. On that night, the guy followed up his original tweet because people started asking questions. The supposedly negative response wasn't from one person. He just said the one pro critic was the most negative. I assume she was the one who supposedly said Cavill's performance was painful to watch. Supposedly others said it was okay. Another said fine but easily replaceable. When asked, the twitter guy said it seemes most felt Cavill's performance was lacking.

That's if this is all true.

They did have a screening on FEB 13 because one of the visual effects artists from Double Negative tweeted about it. That may not be the same screening.

I have high hopes for Henry's performance. I hope all this negative speculation proves to be wrong.

Guess well see, it may well be true but it was hardly reported anywhere. T h people thought
Cavill was bad in Immortals and I didn't see that at all so could just be people (if its true) who don't care for him as an actor or as usual critics who are never satisfied.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Cavill has appeared on the red carpet for three straight days. I wonder if he'll be at the Academy awards.

I thought Cavill was good in Immortals despite the film being weak overall. Rourke sucked though. He was so out of place in that film.

I'm not worried about it :D

I loved Immortals by the way

So far my only concern with Cavill is if they tone down the character so much that they risk making him dull.

I thought Cavill was good in Immortals despite the film being weak overall. Rourke sucked though. He was so out of place in that film.

I really enjoyed Immortals, I was a big fan of 300 & in particular the general sort of visual tone that the film had, which was somewhat similar to Immortals.

The film itself in terms of storytelling was alright I thought, not an Oscar winner, but an average film.

So far my only concern with Cavill is if they tone down the character so much that they risk making him dull.

You know I'm not worried about that but I can see why you are, in the trailers we haven't really seen all that much of Cavill really, very little dialogue and we haven't actually seen him deliver any of it. He does seem like especially in the trailer that he seems kinda moody.

I don't think its a coincidence his best role appears in The Tudors, a show more critically acclaimed then other work he has been in. The other roles just havn't given him much to go on. I enjoyed Immortals, but the script and its stylisation seems at odds with letting you get connected to the characters and actually give a toss about them.
Hopefully MoS gives him something to get his teeth into.

You would think the Clark Kent soul searching in Alaska would give him something to sink his teeth into. Who know about this version of Daily Planet Clark. It's Superman where he needs to have a real presence. Not award winning acting. Screen presence.

Nothing to worry about. For every person who doesn't enjoy a performance, 20 people love it. It's the nature of the business and so many things can turn out to be a complete non-issue and this "statement" seems to be just that. Does this mean people close to Cavill, like the certain actors and actress's who claim HC to be the "real deal" and feeling their actually "on set with Superman" full of ****? I also seen some incredible feedback of people claiming to of seen the movies screening and they said Cavill's performance and presence is pretty huge and is dominating on the screen.

Take it with a grain of salt. Critics have jobs for a reason.

Nothing to worry about. For every person who doesn't enjoy a performance, 20 people love it. It's the nature of the business and so many things can turn out to be a complete non-issue and this "statement" seems to be just that. Does this mean people close to Cavill, like the certain actors and actress's who claim HC to be the "real deal" and feeling their actually "on set with Superman" full of ****? I also seen some incredible feedback of people claiming to of seen the movies screening and they said Cavill's performance and presence is pretty huge and is dominating on the screen.

Take it with a grain of salt. Critics have jobs for a reason.

:up: great post, to be fair I think the only reason we're talking about it on here so much is we haven't got anything else to talk about lol

I don't hate Immortals at all. Rourke is a big problem for me personally because he takes me out of the movie. It was like watching Burt Reynolds in In The Name of the King. Some actors don't belong in these types of movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"