Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Synder will be at CC? That's great to hear, would awesome if Cavill showed up as a surprise.

Again, Cavill is supposed to attend to promote Immortals.

Oh wow I forgot about Immortals. :doh: Well then, it shall be a super CC. :up:

Yeah. I just wish they were actually going to have... something Superman related there. I really don't understand the rationale behind DC skipping it this year.

Yeah. I just wish they were actually going to have... something Superman related there. I really don't understand the rationale behind DC skipping it this year.
They don't want the fans pointing out the obvious mistakes they made before the film comes out any more :o

I've noticed Henry's hair is medium brown (assuming it's his natural color) and naturally quite curly.

Do you think they'll dye his hair black for the film and go with a more traditional straight not curly haired look?

He looks good in the manips except for the curly hair whch doesn't fit Supes.

I think his hair is only really noticably curly when it gets longer. But yeah I imagine they will do something with it to make him look more Superman sterotype.

^I agree about needing to make it black, but I don't really mind his curly hair that much. If its short enough, I think it actually works really well and will make the S curl a bit more natural. Ex:

5-1.jpg

I think his hair is only really noticably curly when it gets longer. But yeah I imagine they will do something with it to make him look more Superman sterotype.

Is that his natural color there? If so, it looks fine for Superman, IMO. I don't mind if it's not jet black, since it's such a dark brown.

^I agree about needing to make it black, but I don't really mind his curly hair that much. If its short enough, I think it actually works really well and will make the S curl a bit more natural. Ex:

5-1.jpg

Nice picture of Henry.

His hair looks darker herethan in the interviews he's given recently so I think the color in the photo is a bit misleading.

One thing I like is that Henry is great looking but in a more ruggedly handsome fashion than a pretty boy one. I think that wll work better for MOS.

In pictures from a few years back he has more a pretty boy look but as he gets "older" he's definitely looking more masculine IMO.

^I wasn't using the image as an example of his hair color. I don't know if that's his natural color, if it's just the lighting or whatever, and I actually think they could stand to make it a little darker.
I was just talking about how his hair curls. Personally....I like it for superman. Routh's hair was practically like a solid helmet of gel with a perfectly placed S curl that looked like he stared at himself way too long in the mirror every morning getting it juuuuuuust right.
Cavill's hair could stand to have a wee bit of a trim in that image, but it looks more natural and could very easily have a natural S curl put in with a bit of hairspray.

^I wasn't using the image as an example of his hair color. I don't know if that's his natural color, if it's just the lighting or whatever, and I actually think they could stand to make it a little darker.
I was just talking about how his hair curls. Personally....I like it for superman. Routh's hair was practically like a solid helmet of gel with a perfectly placed S curl that looked like he stared at himself way too long in the mirror every morning getting it juuuuuuust right.
Cavill's hair could stand to have a wee bit of a trim in that image, but it looks more natural and could very easily have a natural S curl put in with a bit of hairspray.

Good point about Routh. He had that reputation in his soap opera days - really into his looks.

Good point about Routh. He had that reputation in his soap opera days - really into his looks.

^Well...I don't know anything about that, but it'd be silly to criticize him for this instance. Obviously he didn't style his own hair for each shot, and I sincerely doubt he had any say over the style that was chosen.

I'm sure they'll dye his hair. Superman's hair is black, not brown. That's one of the things that annoyed me right off the bat about Routh.

With Snyder and Cavill both at Comic-Con... I just wish I knew if we'd get our first shot of Superman then, or a little later on the cover of EW. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but too late... they already are lol.

All I know is that i`m going to be very disappointed if Cavill doesn't wear the classic costume and wear some bs modernization.

Updated materials, not design. The design should stay the same, with trunks and everything.

5-1.jpg

Henry has hazel/light blue eyes it seems. That works. Wonder if they'll darken the blue with contacts?

As to the hair, I hated Routh's helmet hair look and, to be honest, they did that to Reeve in Superman 4. Didn't like it there either.

I'd be happy if they eased off on the slicked back hair look a bit. Given Henry's curly hair maybe they will go in that direction.

Yeah, his natural curly hair looks great, it just needs to be black.

Henry has hazel/light blue eyes it seems. That works. Wonder if they'll darken the blue with contacts?

His eyes are light enough that I'm sure they'll either:

A) Hit them with lights to bring out the blue

B) Just hue/shift them in the color correction part of production...which is child's play to do these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"