Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy ****, those few sentences are the best things I've heard about the movie so far.

Henry Cavill gets Superman! He really gets him!

You're partially correct. Clark the reporter is a disguise. Clark, from Smallville, is not.

Edit: I should have read the rest of the thread......

All this talk of Clark Kent makes me all the more eager to see HC in the guise of Metropolis Clark -- glasses and all. Can't wait to see how he approaches CK, especially in contrast to the way he portrays Superman.

I agree, I really want to see the glasses and Clark's general "reporter" look (I don't think those scenes on the bicycle count since I think those are probably set before he's hired at the Planet). If Lois's wardrobe we've seen thus far is any indication, he'll probably have a much more contemporary (and possibly more casual) look.

I agree, I really want to see the glasses and Clark's general "reporter" look (I don't think those scenes on the bicycle count since I think those are probably set before he's hired at the Planet). If Lois's wardrobe we've seen thus far is any indication, he'll probably have a much more contemporary (and possibly more casual) look.

All the Clark pictures we've seen so far pretty much scream Superman. And, in my opinion, Metropolis Clark needs to do the opposite. Slicked back hair and thick dingy looking glasses is the way to go -- sort of like the ones the guy on the left is wearing in the image below:

clark_rockefeller_eric_mccormack.jpg

I personally don't want to see CK portrayed as a klutz, but I think his demeanor should be very different from that of Superman's. He should slouch more (not too much though) and act a little unsure of himself. I can definitely see HC pulling off a shy, awkward interpretation of the character. That would totally work, as a Clark who -- every now and then -- avoids eye contact with people (pretending to be shy) would make him less noticeable.

Well I hope what's said this time actually makes it to being presented as such on the screen.

I remember watching a blog video of Singer's trip to comic con for the first time regarding SR, and when asked about which side would be more dominant/real, he said that he considered the character into three personas:

1. superman/Last Son of Krypton

2. Farm/Smallville Clark

3. Metropolis Clark

but when it came to the actual film, it just didn't do it justice in regards to the whole "three sided" layer that was spoken about so I hope MOS has better luck in executing this concept.

I think it's because Singer was working off of STM, so the template was set and he just moved on with his story.

Hi all, long time fan of the site but just recently joined the forums.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a post of link that mention's Henry's current arm size specifically the pic's of the helicopter rescue scene ?

So do you guys think that Henry should modify his voice for either Clark Kent or Superman in order to help further distinguish to the two personas from each other, rather than using the same type of voice for the characters?

He'll probably do that anyways. It seems like a natural thing to do, at least regarding retorics. And I imagine he'll add more gravitas to the voice of the public Superman. I'm guessing there could be a voice / speech-pattern for each of his "personas": Smallville-Clark, Metropolis-Clark, public Superman and the private / one-on-one Superman.

Last edited:
I hope He will have a spit-curl : THIS HISTORY OF SUPERMAN'S SIGNATURE THE SPIT CURL : Kirk Alyn (spit curl), Georges Reeves (no-spit curl), Christopher Reeves (spit curl), Dean Cain (no spit curl), Brandon Routh (spit curl), and Henry Cavill....
Superman spit-curl!

kirk_alyn.jpg
MV5BMjE5MDczOTYzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTIwNzU2._V1._SX306_SY450_.jpg
MV5BMTQ5MTI5NjU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDk0NjI2._V1._SX369_SY450_.jpg
MV5BMTI3MDkyMjM0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ3Mjg2._V1._SX450_SY675_.jpg
375624_2691574129734_1267929157_3188147_968353046_n.jpg

Wouldnt that actually mean that he wouldnt be having a curl then?

Which he wont anyways.

And damn, why do some manippers insist that the suit is purple?

Wouldnt that actually mean that he wouldnt be having a curl then?

Which he wont anyways.

And damn, why do some manippers insist that the suit is purple?

I think you'll see it once in a while -- during flight or in the middle of a big struggle with Zod or Faora. I've already seen in a couple of times in the Clark pix. It won't be pinned to his head 24/7 though, which is better in my opinion -- more natural looking.

And yeah, I don't know why people are making the suit purple either.

Finally saw the film and it was better than I expected. The action and fight scenes were good and the Tarsems visuals of course were top notch. All the actors did a fine job for this type of film IMO. I liked how the gods were incorporated into the story. It was different that what has been previously been seen in films like these. Rourke was pretty damn ruthless and Cavill did well. I wish would have seen more of Luke Evans' Zeus and Athena however. Nice seeing Frieda show some skin, IF that was not her body double. haha

This was definitely better than the Clash remake and I think it will get a sequel. Tarsem has room for improvement when it comes to the story and possibly making the next film more gritty and raw.

My wife liked a little more than 300 also. She is into the Greek mythology film, since she has always been fascinated with the mythology.

Henry Cavill gets Superman! He really gets him!

And to think those of us who spent years championing the guy for the role were once ridiculed. You see world? he was the right guy for the role :woot:

I was practically dragged into Immortals because there was nothing else my fam and I wanted to/ could agree on seeing.

I have to say I thought that I was going to hate the film as my previous posts can attest but I had a really great time. With the exception of Rourke, everybody seemed to be trying to give a good performance for the type of film that it is. It was fairly fast paced (if a little too long) and the action was quite good. Sure the storyline was non-existent and the characterazations were wafer thin but it was just a good old fashion action packed cheese fest. I had a really good time. The best thing about the movie was the half-naked hot guys though...at least thats what my sister and I thought.

Rating: 7/10

As for Henry Cavill. He had screen presence and did what he could with the thinnest character in the flick. I liked him. Believe me, I was waiting to see what he was made off and I thought that he did a good job. After watching Immortals, Blood Creek and a little bit of The Tudors, I am 100% confident that if the material is good that he will do a great job.

He seems to be good at being brooding and a nice guy who can kick ass and thats what I want with this new Superman flick. Plus he is supernova hot.

. Crowe is still in Vancouver and I'm gonna take an obvious guess and say he is still shooting as he Tweeted this last night "Vancouver squeezed out a little sun for me. Gratefull".

Hmm, this makes me wonder how long are these Krypton scenes? Or, some on here may be correct in saying Jor-El journeyed to Earth to help with the battle (I hope not!). All we know is he been shooting for a long while now.

https://twitter.com/#!/TheHenryCavill

:)

Last edited:
If that was a real account, it would have been long verified by now.

^^^
EDIT:

I just seen one site claim it's fake, and just a couple more. Thanks for posting that Jamie, I'll edit last post.

Guess you gotta watch out these days, many are getting duped by this Twitter account, including many Henry fansites, almost 3,000 and counting.

:(

Last edited:
If that was a real account, it would have been long verified by now.

It is verified. And the account has over 300.000 followers. It is real. Just so im not confusing anything, we are talking about this one right http://twitter.com/#!/russellcrowe
And yeah it seems he is still in Vancouver. And on nov 24th he also tweeted that he is working, hmm. Wonder why his scenes are taking so long...

Last edited:
It is verified. And the account has over 300.000 followers. It is real. Just so im not confusing anything, we are talking about this one right http://twitter.com/#!/russellcrowe
And yeah it seems he is still in Vancouver. And on nov 24th he also tweeted that he is working, hmm. Wonder why his scenes are taking so long...

Jamie was talking about a Henry Cavill Twitter page I posted a link to, not the Russell Crowe Twitter. Jamie was correct, the Henry twiiter is a fake.

I edited my last couple posts, so it reads a bit confusing when looking at the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"