The Dark Knight Rises Joseph Gordon Levitt in talks for The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you've enlightened us that age ain't nothin' but a number, I think they should fire Michael Caine and replace him with JGL as Alfred.

:wow: Someone get us a photo-manip of that! Pronto! I believe JG-L will be Mr. Pennyworth's good cousin ... WILFRED. :wow:

Just making something clear- I didn't write that article. I just came across it online.

That being said, I really want JGL to play Alberto Falcone. I think he'd own that role.

Why do people on here keep saying his age, his age, haha you guys realize that Christian Bale was 30 when he filmed Batman Begins, the same age Joseph Gordan Levitt is now!! He could play a D.A., Black Mask, a cop, whoever he wanted. Heath Ledger just turned 28 when he played the Joker. I could see him in any role honestly!

yeah, but Bale and even Heath looked more mature then JGL. JGL may be 30, but he still looks super young which is what's coming into play when people talk about his age and possible roles.

Just making something clear- I didn't write that article. I just came across it online.

That being said, I really want JGL to play Alberto Falcone. I think he'd own that role.

Ah, ok. Kudos to the author then. I think he may have nailed it.

:wow: Someone get us a photo-manip of that! Pronto! I believe JG-L will be Mr. Pennyworth's good cousin ... WILFRED. :wow:

Wilfred-1.jpg

i had to

And if JGL is indeed Alberto Falcone then I bet nothing official(press release stating who JGL will be playing) will ever come out. Similar to the casting of Topher Grace in Spider-Man 3. Sony never stated who Topher was playing, wanted to keep it a mystery. That will happen here as well.

bruce is probably heavily injured or disappeared or in the circumstance of not being able to continue his Batman duty at the end or in the 2nd act of the movie . Nolan acknowledge JGL is up to a physical demanding role. Jean Paul Valley?

i would love if that was going to happen,but no.JPV would have to be the 2nd most important character in the film,which i cant see happening,thats going to be either catwoman or bane.

Damn. I totally buy that. Very nicely done. You could have even mentioned for the Riddler part that Nolan flat out said no Riddler for this film, so that would boost your argument further against that character. Although part of me thinks maybe we could end up with just an Edward Nygma/Nashton.

But your scenario is definitely the most plausible and makes perfect sense. To date, each Nolan Batman film has had 2 heavyweight villains and a supporting mid-tier villain. Hard to imagine we would be getting a third heavyweight villain. JGL as Alberto makes perfect sense. I'm officially on board with that belief. :up:

While I definitely agree with you, my question is this:

The mob was seemingly destroyed in The Dark Knight, predominantly by The Joker (ironically). This has supposedly begun the path for the "freaks" to become the new villains in the city: no more organized crime, much more disorganized (and in turn, arguably much more devastating) crime.

Now, since the mob is all but gone, what would Alberto's role be? Bringing in another mob boss when they've all but been destroyed/incarcerated seems slightly asinine. On top of that, I'm not too keen on the idea of bringing in the son of a villain from Batman Begins when he was nowhere to be seen in said film, as that would seem pretty forced to me (see Jeph Loeb's Hush comics)... And I don't see how Nolan would want to do that. That said, this is the only actual series of films he's ever done, so we, to date, have no set patterns from Nolan to count on.

With this in mind, my mind falls to Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael (as said before) as the most logical and beneficial choice, especially since he can be a villain AND hero at the same time. The only benefit I see to bringing in Alberto is if they play off of the When in Rome story arc, and connect Selina and Alberto somehow, and make Carmine a major part of the story somehow (which, again, would seem forced, and I don't understand why a lot of the fanbase is up for this considering the lack of desire to see the Ra's al Ghul and the League of Shadows storyline's return).

The only other idea I could have, is actually Hush- just a new, revamped version (in other words, there wasn't a mysterious third friend of Rachel's and Bruce's in their childhoods that was never mentioned until now, but more of a mixture between Black Mask/Hush). That said, I'd much prefer Valley.

Well I thought he was going to reprise his role as Cobra Commander in the up coming G.I. Joe sequel! I guess thats out the window!!

500full.jpg

I wasn't really fond of him as Cobra Commander. Stature and age (looking :oldrazz:) wise he just didn't pull off intimidating. I like him better when he's dorky or suave ^_^

While I definitely agree with you, my question is this:

The mob was seemingly destroyed in The Dark Knight, predominantly by The Joker (ironically). This has supposedly begun the path for the "freaks" to become the new villains in the city: no more organized crime, much more disorganized (and in turn, arguably much more devastating) crime.

Now, since the mob is all but gone, what would Alberto's role be? Bringing in another mob boss when they've all but been destroyed/incarcerated seems slightly asinine. On top of that, I'm not too keen on the idea of bringing in the son of a villain from Batman Begins when he was nowhere to be seen in said film, as that would seem pretty forced to me (see Jeph Loeb's Hush comics)... And I don't see how Nolan would want to do that. That said, this is the only actual series of films he's ever done, so we, to date, have no set patterns from Nolan to count on.

With this in mind, my mind falls to Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael (as said before) as the most logical and beneficial choice, especially since he can be a villain AND hero at the same time. The only benefit I see to bringing in Alberto is if they play off of the When in Rome story arc, and connect Selina and Alberto somehow, and make Carmine a major part of the story somehow (which, again, would seem forced, and I don't understand why a lot of the fanbase is up for this considering the lack of desire to see the Ra's al Ghul and the League of Shadows storyline's return).

The only other idea I could have, is actually Hush- just a new, revamped version (in other words, there wasn't a mysterious third friend of Rachel's and Bruce's in their childhoods that was never mentioned until now, but more of a mixture between Black Mask/Hush). That said, I'd much prefer Valley.

cleaning up the mess, other business. plus he was never a mob boss

@Cunning Stunts

Perhaps Alberto wants to prove himself to his father. Give it one last shot at rebuilding the Falcone crime family and piecing it back together. I think JPV requires too much screentime and going by Nolan and his past two Batman films JGL fits in better as Alberto.

BB: Ra's, Scarecrow, Carmine
TDK: Joker, Two-Face, Maroni
TDKR: Bane, Catwoman, Alberto

@Cunning Stunts

Perhaps Alberto wants to prove himself to his father. Give it one last shot at rebuilding the Falcone crime family and piecing it back together. I think JPV requires too much screentime and going by Nolan and his past two Batman films JGL fits in better as Alberto.

BB: Ra's, Scarecrow, Carmine
TDK, Joker, Two-Face, Maroni
TDKR: Bane, Catwoman, Alberto

dont forget Zsasz and Killer Croc (well I still think Tommy 'Tiny' Lister was Killer Croc)

Alberto would fit in perfectly with Selina's storyline. Jeph Loeb portrayed Selina Kyle as Carmine Falcone's illegitimate daughter. Seeing as both Nolans and Goyer are HUGE fans of TLH, I think that's an angle we're very likely to see in the film, as it gives Catwoman an interesting motive to steal from the mob. If that's the case, her relationship with Alberto could have a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Alberto would fit in perfectly with Selina's storyline. Jeph Loeb portrayed Selina Kyle as Carmine Falcone's illegitimate daughter. Seeing as both Nolans and Goyer and Goyer are HUGE fans of TLH, I think that's an angle we're very likely to see in the film, as it gives Catwoman an interesting motive to steal from the mob. If that's the case, her relationship with Alberto could have a lot of potential.

I'm getting excited by this. I really hope it's Alberto now.

I don't think you can make the assumption that Tiny Listers character was Croc just because he was tall and bald. C'mon now....

I didn't mention Zsasz because he wasn't even mid-tier, just a cameo. And where does Killer Croc come from? :huh:

I know im talking about the cameo roles in both movies and I just said "well I still think Tommy 'Tiny' Lister was Killer Croc". Have you seen Tommy Lister role in TDK? he was built to be a Killer Croc. :huh:

I don't think you can make the assumption that Tiny Listers character was Croc just because he was tall and bald. C'mon now....

I think I can since his title role was "tattoo prisoner".

Or a Mario Falcone, trying to tidy up the mob. Still dirty, but less dirty. A lot of interaction between him and Catwoman untill he get's taken care of by Bane after the fall of the Knight.

I know im talking about the cameo roles in both movies and I just said "well I still think Tommy 'Tiny' Lister was Killer Croc". Have you seen Tommy Lister role in TDK? he was built to be a Killer Croc. :huh:

you talking about "Give it to me, and I'll do what you should've done 10 minutes ago"?

LOL. Like how it was the Penguin looking out his door when Batman was running through Arkham in BB? Haha. Nah, I'm pretty certain that wasn't Killer Croc. :woot:

I don't see how you can make that assumption based on JUST his appearance. Perhaps if he had Crocs personality traits and above all things, the name KILLER CROC, but Tiny Listers character was the voice of reason for a pivotal scene in the movie. I hardly see how that screams "Killer Croc", readily sacrificing his life and others just to save a few more lives.

you talking about "Give it to me, and I'll do what you should've done 10 minutes ago"?

yep, but like I said, I always thought he was Killer Croc even though it wasnt listed him as Croc.

see

killercroc.jpg

008tdktommytinylister00.jpg

But I guess im derailing the thread, lets go back talking about JGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"