• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is mad Tommy and crew are gone, but deep down know Turbo got better when Tommy and his crew hit the road

These are 4 of the 5 God Status Power Rangers in space

tujC16xR.jpg

Beautiful. :ilv: I do wonder when Rita finds herself the time to put on the eyeliner, though :o

Last edited:
I'm in the same camp. Except there's a chance it will all click for the movie.

I'm not expecting this movie to blow me away. Just that it's going to be at least somewhat entertaining.
HYPED.

I'm not expecting much, though I guess I hope to pleasantly surprised.

Everyone is mad Tommy and crew are gone, but deep down know Turbo got better when Tommy and his crew hit the road

Turbo was awful to begin with, losing characters we cared about made it worse

Last edited:
Read a couple of the posts, and I am still not liking where they are going with the whole thing. I probably will watch it, but I won't contribute to the movie's box office sales. Waiting for it to get leaked online. I am too much of a Super Sentai/Zyurangers purist to contribute to the profits of this film.

I would have been drawn in if I saw better designs for the characters, monsters and zords. It's stuff like this movie's designs that make the Adi Shankar styled MMPR seem like a better alternative.

In Space is my favorite season!! I loved the characters! That was also the first season to switch up the roles between Yellow and Pink. Can't wait until they get to the Psycho Rangers!

I probably will watch it, but I won't contribute to the movie's box office sales. Waiting for it to get leaked online. I am too much of a Super Sentai/Zyurangers purist to contribute to the profits of this film.

Pfft get off your high horse. Your "purist views" don't give you any right to pirate a film. You said you want to see it. ****ing pay for it.

Pfft get off your high horse. Your "purist views" don't give you any right to pirate a film.

Never said I was going to PIRATE the movie. I am not directly responsible for that. Movies get leaked and posted online on websites, EVERYDAY. Or perhaps the scenario could be, someone I know has bought the movie and they ask if I want to watch it. SO IN ESSENCE, I watched it for free. But I directly, don't pirate. Get off YOUR MORAL high horse, and stop with your assumptions.

You said you want to see it. ****ing pay for it.

Yeah, pay for it, and then 99% likely be disappointed by what I watched, and feel like I wasted my money. I'll pass on your suggestion. Much appreciated though.

Last edited:
Never said I was going to PIRATE the movie. I am not directly responsible for that. Movies get leaked and posted online on websites, EVERYDAY. Or perhaps the scenario could be, someone I know has bought the movie and they ask if I want to watch it. SO IN ESSENCE, I watched it for free. But I directly, don't pirate. Get off YOUR MORAL high horse, and stop with your assumptions.

Yeah, pay for it, and then 99% likely be disappointed by what I watched, and feel like I wasted my money. I'll pass on your suggestion. Much appreciated though.

So if there is 99% chance you will be disappointed, why do you even bother watching? Why?

I am always very curious about that kind of mentality, you see.

So if there is 99% chance you will be disappointed, why do you even bother watching? Why?

I am always very curious about that kind of mentality, you see.

Well I assume your question is rhetorical but I will answer anyway.
Ever just had that feeling when it comes to a movie you feel like you would dislike.....? And then you decide to watch it to see if your worst fears were made into 90-120 minutes of ****?

Well that is probably what I would do.

And if I am proven wrong, I can sit in my living room and go, "Man.....I should have saw it in the theaters....That is the last time(And we all know it won't be the last time) I will go online and bash a movie prematurely and say that I'd rather, 'Stick my dick in a piranha's mouth before I ever pay to see that.'"

If it's a movie I am deeply excited for, of course I will go pay to see it in the theaters and support it, even if I end up getting disappointed at the end.

But if I am not feeling it, I won't buy a ticket.

People rant and rave about how they don't like a movie (Like me) on a social thread, and then you get people responding to them saying, "Then don't go see it."

I am simply stating that I didn't like what was created and advertised for the film and won't go to see it. However, if there is a chance to see it for free in a matter of convenience, I might consider it. Is there a possibility, that I would be right and wasted that time of my life. Yes.

But life is about taking chances, ain't it?

........you know what! You, me and CelticPred should go see it together.

Last edited:

You can try to argue the semantics of theft or piracy all that you want. But you're still watching something only available in theaters without paying for it. As far as I feel that's ****ing pirating. You may not have leaked it yourself but you're still taking advantage of an illegal act. I'm more than happy up here on my my moral high horse. Sounds like a lot of false justification for your actions. You're the one who can't spend $5 on a movie LOL because muh super special sentai too pwecious.

I knew something like suicide squad would be garbage . But I planned ahead of that and went and got tickets to a $5 matinee.

You can try to argue the semantics of theft or piracy all that you want. But you're still watching something only available in theaters without paying for it. As far as I feel that's ****ing pirating. You may not have leaked it yourself but you're still taking advantage of an illegal act. I'm more than happy up here on my my moral high horse. Sounds like a lot of false justification for your actions. You're the one who can't spend $5 on a movie LOL because muh super special sentai too pwecious.

I knew something like suicide squad would be garbage . But I planned ahead of that and went and got tickets to a $5 matinee.

Taking advantage huh??

If I am simply taking advantage of something that I was not directly responsible for, then you should start shaming a lot of people on this forum since majority of them(including yourself) read up on leaked information for movies, tv shows and other forms of media interest, every day! I.e. Scripts, Leaked Trailers, The Rumor Mill. And if you sit there and start typing, "No I don't. I don't read up on leaked information on stuff that I have a fandom for." Then you are a liar too, aside from a naive nobilist.

Do you even know the definition or the concept of piracy??

"As far as I FEEL that's ****ing pirating"

Ahh no, you don't, it's personal perspective on it, right?

Here, let me save you the trouble before you lose some brain cells:

Intellectual property theft involves robbing people or companies of their ideas, inventions, and creative expressions—known as “intellectual property”—which can include everything from trade secrets and proprietary products and parts to movies, music, and software.

Copyrighted works can include, but are not limited to, films, audio recordings, electronic media, software, books, photographs, etc.

LOL. And that comes straight from the FBI. So neither am I stealing(Downloading) or reproducing and redistributing for sale/profit.

Ok then, I will humor you even further.

How many times have you watched a DVD/Blu-Ray that you borrowed from someone? And try to be honest with that answer.

YOU, YOURSELF don't own the film nor paid for it but went and borrowed someone else's copy to avoid paying for it. Is this considered Piracy??

You surf YouTube don't you? And see nothing but piracy on that site. People gain viewership, revenue and a fanbase because of the content they provide(Games, Movies, Shows, and Music, etc) and it doesn't even belong to them. But you still watch Youtube content, Is that Piracy?? You gonna boycott, Youtube??

The Fair Use Act is a *****, let me tell ya.

And no, I won't spend $5 to go a see movie (as I've said before) to something I won't contribute to. And in this case it is because I can't stand seeing my PWECIOUS Super Sentai version of Zyurangers demolished by this. But in case I do ever want to answer my curiosity and suspicion, I will watch it for free. �� And if I feel I am wrong, buy the DVD/Blu-Ray, that way, I can pull my head out of my ass and actually send money to Lionsgate.
"Hey guys, my ******* is chafed right now from my inability to give you guys a chance, and I was wrong! I bought your movie, please make more!"

I doubt it's gonna happen(but who knows).
It's a process.

Damn dude, you triggered me. *reads the entire, senseless rant since you will still hold onto your illogical viewpoint*

Yeah man, you got me.

Last edited:
I might see it , eventually.
I have a few things that I want to see first.

Taking advantage huh??

If I am simply taking advantage of something that I was not directly responsible for, then you should start shaming a lot of people on this forum since majority of them(including yourself) read up on leaked information for movies, tv shows and other forms of media interest, every day! I.e. Scripts, Leaked Trailers, The Rumor Mill. And if you sit there and start typing, "No I don't. I don't read up on leaked information on stuff that I have a fandom for." Then you are a liar too, aside from a naive nobilist.

Do you even know the definition or the concept of piracy??

False equivelancy. Information surrounding a film isn't a product. The film itself has a tangible value. You're really going to lengths to justify not paying 5 bucks for a movie.

Ahh no, you don't, it's personal perspective on it, right?

Here, let me save you the trouble before you lose some brain cells:

Intellectual property theft involves robbing people or companies of their ideas, inventions, and creative expressions—known as “intellectual property”—which can include everything from trade secrets and proprietary products and parts to movies, music, and software.

Copyrighted works can include, but are not limited to, films, audio recordings, electronic media, software, books, photographs, etc.

LOL. And that comes straight from the FBI. So neither am I stealing(Downloading) or reproducing and redistributing for sale/profit.

Ok then, I will humor you even further.

How many times have you watched a DVD/Blu-Ray that you borrowed from someone? And try to be honest with that answer.

YOU, YOURSELF don't own the film nor paid for it but went and borrowed someone else's copy to avoid paying for it. Is this considered Piracy??

You surf YouTube don't you? And see nothing but piracy on that site. People gain viewership, revenue and a fanbase because of the content they provide(Games, Movies, Shows, and Music, etc) and it doesn't even belong to them. But you still watch Youtube content, Is that Piracy?? You gonna boycott, Youtube??

The Fair Use Act is a *****, let me tell ya.

And no, I won't spend $5 to go a see movie (as I've said before) to something I won't contribute to. And in this case it is because I can't stand seeing my PWECIOUS Super Sentai version of Zyurangers demolished by this. But in case I do ever want to answer my curiosity and suspicion, I will watch it for free. �� And if I feel I am wrong, buy the DVD/Blu-Ray.

It's a process.

Damn dude, you triggered me. *reads the entire, senseless rant since you will still hold onto your illogical viewpoint*

Yeah man, you got me.

There's a difference when someone purchases a film released to home video and lends it to you. What you can't seem to grasp, is that the only outlet to legally view a product that is only in theaters (as I stated in above post), is by being a patron of a theater. You missed the point pal. Way to go.

You can walk in as many shades of grey as you want to justifty your actions. But the matter IS black and white. Did you pay for what you're watching? Or no?

False equivelancy. Information surrounding a film isn't a product. The film itself has a tangible value. You're really going to lengths to justify not paying 5 bucks for a movie.

There's a difference when someone purchases a film released to home video and lends it to you. What you can't seem to grasp, is that the only outlet to legally view a product that is only in theaters (as I stated in above post), is by being a patron of a theater. You missed the point pal. Way to go.

You can walk in as many shades of grey as you want to justifty your actions. But the matter IS black and white. Did you pay for what you're watching? Or no?

I noticed you didn't answer MY QUESTIONS. Because those weren't rhetorical.
Having trouble admitting that you are an unknowing benefactor to your definition of, "Piracy"?

Well scratch that, you indirectly answered to avoid making yourself look like an ass.

And yes, I will continue to walk in the shades of grey, since the greyscale is there for a reason.

And based on your logic, you are saying its okay for ILLEGAL INFORMATION on copyrighted material to be leaked?
I guess that is why production companies pull their leaked trailers off of third party video hosting sites. Their advertising game is leveling up then, huh?

Last edited:
Read a couple of the posts, and I am still not liking where they are going with the whole thing. I probably will watch it, but I won't contribute to the movie's box office sales. Waiting for it to get leaked online. I am too much of a Super Sentai/Zyurangers purist to contribute to the profits of this film.

I would have been drawn in if I saw better designs for the characters, monsters and zords. It's stuff like this movie's designs that make the Adi Shankar styled MMPR seem like a better alternative.

Curious, but as a Sentai/Zyuranger purist, would that mean disliking the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers series? I mean, they kinda butchered what was a pretty cool mythology with their translation. Some of the episodes didn't make since after what they cut out. Shouldn't the movie, then, be compared to Mighty Morphin and not Zyuranger. Same designs and monsters, but very different tone and story.

Curious, but as a Sentai/Zyuranger purist, would that mean disliking the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers series? I mean, they kinda butchered what was a pretty cool mythology with their translation. Some of the episodes didn't make since after what they cut out. Shouldn't the movie, then, be compared to Mighty Morphin and not Zyuranger. Same designs and monsters, but very different tone and story.

Nooooo. Like you, I grew up with MMPR. And it holds a very dear place in my heart cause if it wasn't for MMPR, I would have never known about the Sentai series or Zyurangers itself. So I value what MMPR did to a degree(aside from using several pieces of recycled footage of Zyurangers/Dairanger and others to make up majority of their show.
But hey, it is what it is.

And like I said before, the story and character designs are what is really putting me off to not get my hopes up.
Its sorta like how they made the first film. As a kid, I loved it. As an adult, I don't see how family subjected themselves to sit through that just for my benefit. They loved me. To subject themselves to torture.

So all I want to do is just, wait for a chance to see it without paying for it, and if I am wrong, will purchase the movie in a digital home video format and give further installments a chance instead of jumping the gun. Cause if I pay for it for a theater, I not only wasted my time and proved myself right but I lost out on the $5 that CelticPred just can't seem to extend his argument past.

I noticed you didn't answer MY QUESTIONS. Because those weren't rhetorical.
Having trouble admitting that you are an unknowing benefactor to your definition of, "Piracy"?

Well scratch that, you indirectly answered to avoid making yourself look like an ass.

And yes, I will continue to walk in the shades of grey, since the greyscale is there for a reason.

And based on your logic, you are saying its okay for ILLEGAL INFORMATION on copyrighted material to be leaked?
I guess that is why production companies pull their leaked trailers off of third party video hosting sites. There advertising game is leveling up then, huh?

I've addressed any points that I've seen pertinent to the discussion. Again you're just using false equivalencies. When you stick to talking about strictly the property of the theatrical release of the film, which is all I ever cared about I might bother responding. But think of where this all started. Are you that attention starved that you feel you need to announce to the world LOL NOPE NOT GONNA BUY IT, I'M GONNA VIEW IT ILLEGALLY! In that case, I do feel like a fool giving someone like you any attention at all. You're like those kids that post a picture of a hard drive in a "post your collection" thread. I think I'll go see it 2 times now, just to offset someone like you. :o

get your seats now for power rangers , because once good reviews come out on monday these things are going to go fast, then wed the 22nd when power rangers has 250 free screenings at the same time, there isn't gonna be any more to tickets to find because of Word of mouth

Mark my word power rangers 100,000,000 Opening weekend, because everyone thinks the movie is bad when they find out that it's good, the flood gates are gonna open

I've addressed any points that I've seen pertinent to the discussion. Again you're just using false equivalencies. When you stick to talking about strictly the property of the theatrical release of the film, which is all I ever cared about I might bother responding. But think of where this all started. Are you that attention starved that you feel you need to announce to the world LOL NOPE NOT GONNA BUY IT, I'M GONNA VIEW IT ILLEGALLY! In that case, I do feel like a fool giving someone like you any attention at all. You're like those kids that post a picture of a hard drive in a "post your collection" thread. I think I'll go see it 2 times now, just to offset someone like you. :o

I've addressed any points that I've seen pertinent to the discussion.

Only points that you used to TRY to accentuate your side of the argument.

Again you're just using false equivalencies.

I used facts and scenarios based on the facts presented based on your vague understanding of, "Piracy". You chose to ignore them. AND YOU STILL NEVER DIRECTLY ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.

When you stick to talking about strictly the property of the theatrical release of the film, which is all I ever cared about I might bother responding.

Then you brought up PIRACY because I said I would just wait for it to be leaked online. So we were talking about the same thing before I provided my examples. If anything, we were still talking about seeing it in theaters the entire time.

Are you that attention starved that you feel you need to announce to the world LOL NOPE NOT GONNA BUY IT, I'M GONNA VIEW IT ILLEGALLY! In that case, I do feel like a fool giving someone like you any attention at all.

Thank you for the win.

You're like those kids that post a picture of a hard drive in a "post your collection" thread.

OOOOHHH, I see what you did there! You are clever! Did you already apply to join the FBI??

I think I'll go see it 2 times now, just to offset someone like you.

Hey, that's your money, not mine. I'm gonna take my $5 and buy myself a DVD at Wal-Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"