Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
120 ow
335/50 dom
375/400 overseas

Seems like a good forecast. Though I think the potential overseas is huge. If MoS reaches 300 million domestic, I'm thinking 400 minimum overseas and 500+ on the high end.

90m ow
295m dom
325m os

Contrast that photo with the Brendon Routh "suit" reveal pic.
The GA will probably respond accordingly.
The first image of the actor in the suit is really important. Warners didn't botch that this time. And I think that the SR suit looks fine so that is not a dig at the suit but how the suit (how Superman) was first presented.

Last edited:

LOL. That article's been posted a few times and it's almost a week old. Yeah it's pretty good news, but when predicting it's important to remember that many theaters stop selling tickets for Iron Man 3 due to a dispute between Disney and the theaters, so it doesn't really indicate it's going to open higher than IM3.

LOL. That article's been posted a few times and it's almost a week old. Yeah it's pretty good news, but when predicting it's important to remember that many theaters stop selling tickets for Iron Man 3 due to a dispute between Disney and the theaters, so it doesn't really indicate it's going to open higher than IM3.

Gotta remember though that, for awhile, one couldn't buy IM3 tickets for some major theaters chains due to the money dispute.

Anyone knows when they started selling tickets for IM3? That should give us some indication..

Looks like MOS will open to more than 4200 screens... it's as wide as it can get!

Gotta remember though that, for awhile, one couldn't buy IM3 tickets for some major theaters chains due to the money dispute.

:funny: My mistake, I didn't know it had already been posted and I forgot about the Iron Man 3 issue. :O

If this gets past the 600M mark the boards should be satisfied, although they won't until it passes 800M... Oh well.

The first image of the actor in the suit is really important. Warners didn't botch that this time. And I think that the SR suit looks fine so that is not a dig at the suit but how the suit (how Superman) was first presented.

When I think of Routh I think of that pic with his hands(lightly) on his hips.
(even this kid in my avy has a better pose).

Dean Cain and his arms crossed(always crossed that guy).

Reeve for me personally, his hands are below his waist, behind or in front of his person.

Welling in his coat pockets or finger in his nose.

So far I've mainly seen Cavil in more proactive posing.

I don't have the effort but all these pics can be found.

When I think of Routh I think of that pic with his hands(lightly) on his hips.
(even this kid in my avy has a better pose).

Dean Cain and his arms crossed(always crossed that guy).

Reeve for me personally, his hands are below his waist, behind or in front of his person.

Welling in his coat pockets or finger in his nose.

So far I've mainly seen Cavil in more proactive posing.

I don't have the effort but all these pics can be found.
You don't have to find the pictures because I know what you are talking about. I doubt Welling's finger is in his nose though. ;)

The Routh hands lightly on his hips pic was a disastrous way to introduce his Superman. I first saw the pic in USA TODAY and immediately thought "oh boy."

My favorite photo if Cavill is the one of him posed in front of the bank vault. So powerful and dynamic. I think that was the first pic we got of him as Supes, too.

My favorite photo if Cavill is the one of him posed in front of the bank vault. So powerful and dynamic. I think that was the first pic we got of him as Supes, too.
I liked that pic, it was dynamic and immediately showed that we were in for an active Superman.

I love the billboards that are out there now of him to the right looking away and his cape is being flown over the the left under the typography. The S is just sticking out. :up:

MoS is going to open to 143.
Thought I'd let everyone know ahead of time.

MoS is going to open to 143.
Thought I'd let everyone know ahead of time.
I'm uping my prediction to 115mil now. If I'm lowballing it or over predicting it I don't care. It's just box office predictions.

I'm uping my prediction to 115mil now. If I'm lowballing it or over predicting it I don't care. It's just box office predictions.

curious, what was your prediction for Avengers?

I liked that pic, it was dynamic and immediately showed that we were in for an active Superman.

I loved the general composition of the photo, but it had a couple of glaring flaws. First, Cavill still had long hair from shooting the young Clark scenes and it looked really odd being forcibly slicked into the Superman style. Second, the colours were just too muted. They should have done what EON did with the first promo photo of Craig as Bond and re-did it once the actor had his hair cut and all the final details were adjusted.

I stopped playing the box office game ever since Hunger Games made $160 million on its opening weekend.

I stopped playing the box office game ever since Hunger Games made $160 million on its opening weekend.

Can't let one wrong prediction get you down. 90% of the people out there were wrong about that movie.

Oh by the way I think you should switch back to the flying pig, whenever I see your name that's all I see regardless of what avatar you are using. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"