Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Will go for 3D this weekend.
N bravo to the philippines.

I agree. I first saw MOS in 2D because I have often found 3D distracting. However, when I did see MOS in 3D it made for a much better viewing experience. IDK, but everything, especially the action scenes seemed so much more clear and crisp. I do not think 2D does this film justice.

:007

I saw it in 3D both times. My dad actually commented about how much better it was this time in 3D then the last time I took him to a 3D movie, which at that time was thor. 3D for me just makes it that much more of an experience, and I never thought it was blurry at all, the entire movie looks gorgeous and really pops! :)

From a new Box Office Guru article:

Studio research showed that Man of Steel skewed towards men as expected with 56% being male. But that made for a better female turnout than usual for a comic book pic. Iron Man 3 and Avengers were both 61% male and last summer's Spider-Man reboot played 58% male. The stronger cross-gender appeal could allow it to play well over the coming weeks especially with the Fourth of July holiday around the corner.

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm

About a month ago I saw some tracking info which showed that MOS had much less of a gender gap than STID and thought this was good news for MOS' BO. I am really surprised, though, that MOS has the edge in this department over the recent comic book movies. :cwink:

OS is so unpredictable right now. I'm hoping for anything over 400.

Those legs...they're showing(kinda). Hope it keeps goin'. :)

Last edited:

About a month ago I saw some tracking info which showed that MOS had much less of a gender gap than STID and thought this was good news for MOS' BO. I am really surprised, though, that MOS has the edge in this department over the recent comic book movies. :cwink:

I wonder how they carried the survey. We didnt fill form while we bought tickets.

116m puts it ahead of Spider Mans opening, also puts it ahead of TS3, and Alice in Wonderland. the 128m puts it bigger than Shrek 2 and Iron Man 2. All I can say is this is great news and shows that WOM is huge. I think this will carry over into next week. Even with a 50-55% drop the movie should still do 55-65m and finish 2nd to MU. WWZ wont take the 2nd spot. WWZ is only tracking around 40-44m

What is TS3?

:huh:

Toy Story 3. That previously held the record for biggest opening in the month of June.

I've seen this movie yesterday in the Fathers Day crowed. 3D. I was shocked by how much BETTER the movie came across in 3D. The picture was much more clearer and more revolutionary to the film.

I've seen it FOUR times, and each time I walk out with a DIFFERENT feeling. Man of Steel is my OWN masterpiece!

Oh yeah, my audience was very chippy and actually laughed in many parts so to the people claiming it lacks heart, emotion or humor, the audience sure didn't think that. Lots of claps too and it's showing in the BO

I feel the same way... I saw it the second time and it was even better... I wasn't looking to see the flaws of the movie but just to enjoy it. I actually found out how Clark found out where the ship was. The first showing I somehow miss that part. Anyway... this movie was made to be watch a number of times to really enjoy it... My all time favorite CBM movie.

OS is really hard to predict, but I'm confident it'll make over $700 million.

That's weird. Some said the 3D is a waste of money because it's blurry.

That's what I was thinking too. In fact, after seeing it in 2D for the first 3 times, I would of thunk that 3D would be even more of a spectacle.

It was actually a mistake since my bro got the time wrong so we went to see it in 3D and my experience was not what I was expecting. I'd say whoever is on the fence with 3D, go ahead and see for yourself because I thought the movie was actually better with those intangibles.

I personally don't care about Iron Man, IM3, The Avengers or Batman; all I need to know is if it is making more money that SR. If so that means WB got what they wanted and there will be more movies with Henry as Supes.

I wonder what the Monday drop off will be ?

TS3 had a 15M Monday with -51 from Sunday. I think MoS will be steeper because of the Father's day rush.

It's hard to compare other films at this time of year, because most don't do very well. Green Lantern had a similar Sunday hold because of Father's day, but dropped 66% Monday.

I'm going to split the difference and say -57% so say between 13-14M.

I personally don't care about Iron Man, IM3, The Avengers or Batman; all I need to know is if it is making more money that SR. If so that means WB got what they wanted and there will be more movies with Henry as Supes.

No need to worry there, it should pass SR total domestic gross in a week or so.

The Henry Cavill effect, maybe? I took my Dad for Father's Day and Mom insisted on tagging along because of Henry. Female friends and family from my 13 yr old niece to my 66 yr old godmother all went this weekend, and the funny thing is they all want to see it again. These are folks who wouldn't rush out opening weekened to see this type of film, if at all. I myself saw it 3x this weekend -- twice on Friday (a first for me!) in IMAX 2D, IMAX 3D, and standard 2D -- and plan to see it again next weekend and a few more times during its run. Granted Superman is my childhood superhero and I did really enjoy the film, but I have to admit Henry has a lot to do with my multiple viewings. Without him, I may have stopped at 3 times.

I saw it in 2D and 3D... 3D IMAX by far is better...

It would be a mistake if WB does not proceed with a sequel to MOS. Henry is Superman and the best since Christopher Reeve. He has the potential to surpass Reeve's legacy. If MOS does not get a sequel we can all say goodbye to a DCU. I still think an announcement will be made in a few weeks. Cannot wait.... bring on MOS 2, World Finest, and JL...

The Henry Cavill effect, maybe? I took my Dad for Father's Day and Mom insisted on tagging along because of Henry. Female friends and family from my 13 yr old niece to my 66 yr old godmother all went this weekend, and the funny thing is they all want to see it again. These are folks who wouldn't rush out opening weekened to see this type of film, if at all. I myself saw it 3x this weekend -- twice on Friday (a first for me!) in IMAX 2D, IMAX 3D, and standard 2D -- and plan to see it again next weekend and a few more times during its run. Granted Superman is my childhood superhero and I did really enjoy the film, but I have to admit Henry has a lot to do with my multiple viewings. Without him, I may have stopped at 3 times.

Good point. I know I have been the biggest Superman fan since I was 5 years old so I always had a 1000% interest in MOS. But, when I heard Henry Cavill (who I had admired since his Count of Monte Cristo days) had been cast, well, my interest skyrocketed to more like 2000% or more. :p

Deadline has a new update:

12TH UPDATE: Sunday matinees were running on par with Saturdays which is highly unusual. But apparently Father’s Day and Man Of Steel “make a great combo. Best Father’s Day combo of all time”, said Warner Bros Pictures President, Domestic Distribution, Dan Fellman. “Amazing result for Sunday. No drop from Saturday”! With $36.3M on Sunday, Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ tentpole has new totals: $116.7M for the three-weekend and a four-day cume of $128.7M.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man...elease-record-opening-day-in-the-philippines/

:yay:

Last edited:
Boy Comic Con this year is going to be INTERESTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"