Marvel Heroclix

HMFF_082.jpg

sweet god that is cool!

I personlly can't wait to get that Awesome Andy. When I first saw that Nightcrawler I was alittle confused then I really looked at it and I absolutly love it.

Oh, man. You guys gotta check the gallery now. They have most of the set up.... I really need Hawkeye and Black Knight.... now.

I can't wait to get my hands on Nightcrawler, Warlock, Juggernaut, Rogue, Nimrod, Green Goblin, and all of the other awesome figures in this set. All of the giant and double-based figures are cool, Yellowjacket is probably my favorite. I really didn't care for the Spider-Man in this set at first, but now I really want it after looking at its sculpt.

My only real disappointments in this set are Scarlet Witch(I was hoping for a more powerful 616 version) and Doctor Doom(I'd rather have the Clobberin' Time version). I also wish that Quicksilver and Blackbolt would have been in this set.

Cyclops said:
Oh, man. You guys gotta check the gallery now. They have most of the set up.... I really need Hawkeye and Black Knight.... now.
you are just a kidding, that Blakc Knight is awesome (Hawkeye is too but I'm not a HAwekeye fan so..) So the ones I'm definatly getting so far are: Juggernaut, Iron Fist, Nightcrawler, Sub-Mariner, Black Knight, Awesome Andy, Ghost Rider, and Lockaw. And a couple more quick things, 1. That Spider-man 2099 would be great with pounce, and 2. Why do they tease us though and say it's 104 charcters? It's 104 figures but not charcters.

Well, in anticipation of the new set, I've done retired a whole lot of pieces from active play in my collection.... freed up a lot of space in my tackleboxes - they're mostly the characters I don't ever use or the ones that will be replaced in Forces.

Cyclops said:
Well, in anticipation of the new set, I've done retired a whole lot of pieces from active play in my collection.... freed up a lot of space in my tackleboxes - they're mostly the characters I don't ever use or the ones that will be replaced in Forces.
thats not a bad idea at all, I've been running out of space in my carrying case I might just need to go through and make some cuts.

Yeah. I retired many of the pieces that are just no longer any use, like Hawkeye (CT), Captain America (IC), Human Torch, Thug, Henchman, Kingpin, Joker (HT), and several others.

I'd agree with those except for Human Torch and Thing I think those are still great pieces worthy of play. I really think that they made the new hawkeye way to powerful. I just don't see him doing 3 with ranged combat, I think thats way to much.

Well, the Rookie and Experienced Torches are useless, and if the Vet gets hit once, down he goes.

I'm keeping the Vet active in hopes of getting the Fantastic Four Feat Card.

Too bad that you can't use the Clobberin' Time clix in tournament play anymore. Hopefully these new FF figures will work out OK. Though I must say that I am more enthused about DC Icons that I am over Fantastic Forces at this time...

I just wish I had more Clobberin' Time clix, I'm not a tournament player (the hyper-competitiveness annoys me, as does the near-exact team builds every player has.), but these new guys look pretty bad stats-wise, I want the real Fantastic Four.

I few Clobberin Time clix that my firned and I have we got off e-bay, on there your either get a really good deal opn clix or you get ripped off. We've gotten set of a charcter for .30 cents then I spent 9.00 on a Firelord veteran.

I'm not a big Nimrod fan so that kinda bothers me that his the 3rd most expensive piece in Heroclix. I also don't think his worth that much (his a great numbers and a great click base all together but not 264) And I think compared to the other higher up he'd get hurt. But it's ok since my friends and I won't ever own one so I don't have to worry about him.

I'm very interested in what they have planned, especially since they said it's have much to do with gameplay, which really peaked my interest.

There was a display of the full Fantastic Forces set at WW Philly. While some of the figures looked way better than on the photo (Green Goblin), there were some that just looked odd. Nimrod was one of them. He may be a powerhouse unique, but he looks like pink Pepto-Bismol Man. OK, so if I opened a booster with him in it I'd be happy, but what a goofy paint job they did on him. I go back to my prior statement that DC Icons will be much better than FF. I have heard that they are planning a LE Professor Zoom mailaway for Icons, courtesy of Wizard Magazine (who recently had an LE Johnny Storm mailaway promo.)

PaleRider said:
I'm not a big Nimrod fan so that kinda bothers me that his the 3rd most expensive piece in Heroclix. I also don't think his worth that much (his a great numbers and a great click base all together but not 264) And I think compared to the other higher up he'd get hurt. But it's ok since my friends and I won't ever own one so I don't have to worry about him.

I'm very interested in what they have planned, especially since they said it's have much to do with gameplay, which really peaked my interest.

I know, long time to respond, but I have a Nimrod, and he really is everything his points crack him up to be. I've spanked, yes, SPANKED, that fancy new Superman from Icons with Nimrod. 'Tis a lovely thing.

I'm sure with all that outwit Nimrod could hurt Supes, thats why I don't play him without a Fortitude card. I've been on a pretty big winning streak with that combo, beating some of my friends teams that I wasn't able to beat before.

And I have to say I'm alittle bit disappointed with Armor Wars.

PaleRider said:
I'm sure with all that outwit Nimrod could hurt Supes, thats why I don't play him without a Fortitude card. I've been on a pretty big winning streak with that combo, beating some of my friends teams that I wasn't able to beat before.

I can't wait to get Armor Wars. There are some characters that I don't really care if I get or not (Marrina, Firebrand, Lorelei), but then there are plenty that I can't wait to get (War Machine, Banshee, Sunfire, Sentry, Magneto, Ultron). Also, after all of the 5 damage figures that were included in Icons, its nice to see the power levels being scaled back, that way the game can get back to being more about strategy than who can do the most damage quickest.

I've also just started college recently, and have finally found a place that holds weekly games. I've won fellowship twice(once for being the new guy, the other for when I came in last place), getting the LE Sue Storm and Princess Komand'r as prizes. I'm going to play again on Sunday, and will finally field my 500 point unrestricted X-Men team.

PaleRider said:

I like the lineup quite a bit. Iron Man with a decent attack value AND a cheaper cost? YES! Plus I love the front-loaded Outwit. Captain America that doesn't suck? YES! Shaman's a good one too, Quicksilver's finally formidable,

Icons was a disappointment, mostly because so many of the figures there are ridiculously powerful bricks. Very little strategizing is needed when you play a Veteran Superman for example. Of course I bought Icons pretty heavily, mostly because I knew that I would be left in the dust if I didn't have any in my collection.

Armor Wars is gonna force players to be smart when they play, and I like that.

There is defiantly some good pieces in it. I was looking forward to a new Iron Man but I was disappointed but the front loaded outwit for the fact that he's only doing 3 damage on his way in. Iron Man needs an outwit but I like it better later on in his dial. Cap is great except for the fact that he should have energy sheild/deflect instead of Impervious, that power makes no sense for Cap. Shaman is great, and I wouldn't mind Wendigo and thats just about all.

Well, he's just THAT good with the shield. That's the only explanation I can come up with. I mean really, with ESD, the shield is only useful in ranged combat, but in the comics, he uses that shield at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"