Marvel Heroclix

Discussion in 'Superhero Products' started by Cyclops, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Ares Guest

Pokemon is terrible!!!

2. Ares Guest

you guys post many threads anymore?

3. Ares Guest

I'm a die hard heroclix fan!!!!!!

4. hulkamania85 Registered

Cool. I'm back to collecting/playing Heroclix after taking a break for VS. I just can't get into VS like Heroclix, even when Wizkids does things I don't like the overall game is great.

Have you tried City of Heroes CCG? That's a good game too.

5. hulkamania85 Registered

Yeah so Heroclix is awesome! Looking forward to this new set with Multiple Man, Forge, Meggan, Scarlet Spider, and the new Spider-Man.

6. XwolverineX Registered

Ares- Shut-up.

7. Cyclops Registered

Uh... Wolverine... he hasn't said anything here in almost a month...

Anyhoo... anybody check out the latest on Sinister? I know we've had way too many Spideys...

But this one is killer. Especially the Vet. 106 points, transporter speed mode, 3 damage with Perplex and Avengers TA? I like.

8. Roughneck Registered

I'm thinking about buying that New Danger Room set just for the Angel.

9. Roughneck Registered

that reminds me. If any of you Clickers need some of the earlier Clix I have them.

10. Ncrawler333 Registered

Mind posting a list Rough? I'd love to get some of the older uniques from sets like Clobberin' Time and X-Plosion.

Will post my wants(* indicates major want):

Clobberin' Time
    *V Thor
    *V Doctor Doom
    U Nick Fury
    *U Mojo
    *U Super Skrull
    *U Red Skrull
    U Spiral

X-Plosion
    *U Apocalypse
    U The Leader
    *U Sauron
    U Lady Deathstrike

Critical Mass
    *U Warbird
    *U Beta Ray Bill

In other heroclix news, one of the local venues that I play at shut this past weekend. So I'll have one less place to play when I come back for my second year of college next semester. Good news though is that they were selling single Heroclix for about 10 cents each, so I got almost 70 figures, including a massive amount of Hydra, Shield, and Skrull generics. Now all I need is a Nick Fury, Red Skull, and Super Skrull to lead them.

11. hulkamania85 Registered

Sinister is looking really good. I might end up getting a brick because so many of the figures interest me. I thought about getting a Armor Wars brick but decided against it. Did anyone have any luck with Armor Wars bricks?

12. Roughneck Registered

I meant old old clix. I'll have to check what I have....I know have Spiral and Mojo for sure.....pretty sure I have Fury

I'll get back to ya.

13. Cyclops Registered

My ARmor Wars brick wasn't half bad. The only problem was I missed out on the Dark Phoenix and Iron Man orders because I was broke. :(

14. Ncrawler333 Registered

New stuff announced!

Next marvel set, Supernova:
    http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/products.asp?cid=40853

Figures include Hyperion and new versions of Silver Surfer, Thanos, and Thor, and will also include characters from the Squadron Supreme, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the New Warriors, plus Kree, Skrulls, Shi’ar and Badoons.

Days of Future Past pack:
    Colossal Advanced Sentinel figure (rerelease or new stats)
    Rachel Summers – The Hound figure
    Wolverine – Colonel Logan figure
    Plus a new feat card and new battlefield condition

15. PaleRider Registered

I wasn't impressed with Sinister (except for Black Bolt) but this is awesome, I will more then likely be buying a brick of this.

16. Cyclops Registered

There are alot of figures that impress me in Sinister.

Daredevil and Spider-Man look to be great. I love Kraven, and non-Ultimate Electro will allow me to play a true Sinister Six team. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty kick-ass. Rhino looks to be alot of fun too.

This set is a Spider-Fan's dream come true, so I guess if you're not too into Spider-Man, you're not going to dig Sinister too much.

17. Ironman24 Golden Avenger

The only ones that impressed me so far from Sinister are Forge, Multiple Man, Ultimate Nick Fury, Baron Von Strucker, Beetle, Mach 5.

18. PaleRider Registered

After looking at it more there are some good pieces in Sinister just not enough for me to buy a brick. I agree with cyclops on the spidey villians. I love that new Kraven.

19. Cyclops Registered

I'm a little disappointed that Stilt-Man will be Unique, as I was hoping for an REV so if you had all three you could decide which height you wanted him at be continually adding leg extensions.

20. Ncrawler333 Registered

There was a rumor awhile back that each booster would include a set of leg extensions for Stilt-Man. Probably won't happen, but it'd be cool if it did.

21. Ncrawler333 Registered

So I decided to revive this thread again. I'm going to start posting the details of the matches that I play here in this thread, plus I'll post any news on any new expansions that come out.

In Heroclix news, the new Marvel Heroclix: Days of Future Past set is being released tomorrow. It includes a rerelease of the old big Sentinel figure stats, and also includes a Rachel Grey Hound figure and a Wolverine figure, which reuse the sculpts of the Ultimates expansion Phoenix figure and the Fantastic Forces Wolverine, though like the Sentinel they both have new stats. I'm hoping I'll be able to get one of the sets, though I won't be able to immediately due to being low on cash right now.

And here's the details of the tournament I played in today, and I'll post the details from the previous event in a couple of minutes:

We played a scenario today where each team had to include at least one figure 150 points or more, who would be designated the leader of the team. If you KO’d the leader of the opposing team first without KO’ing any other figures, you would get an additional 100 points to your final score, but if you KO’d the rest of the opposing players team and then KO’d the leader last, you would get an additional 250 points added to your score.

Here was my team:

LE Dr. Donald Blake, 202
    -Fortitude, 25
    -Protected, 8,
    -Lucky Break, 5
    -Shellhead, 10
    R Hawkeye, 61
    R Black Knight, 54
    R Black Panther, 27
    E Wasp, 19
    R Antman, 48
    R Vision, 65
    V Mockingbird, 34
    -Thunderbolts(on everyone), 40
    Total points: 598

During all three matches I Thunderbolted to the Mystics team ability, which causes a piece on the opposing figures team to take one click of damage every time they damage one of mine.

First round I went up against a team with KC Superman, giant Steel, LE Krypto, an Icons Batman, and maybe one other figure. Steel quickly moved across the field, and attempted to use Quake to knock Antman off the elevated terrain he was sitting on top of, but failed. Donald Blake quickly neutered Steel, and the rest of the team then finished him off. Shortly after, KC Superman attempted to Charge Donald Blake, but I hadn’t used my Protected yet, so I used that to negate the attack. So then it was Thors, who was sitting on his 4 damage with Close Combat Expert click, turn to attempted to smack KC Superman. I outwitted Superman’s Impervious, rolled the dice, and got double 6’s, a Critical Hit, dealing 7 clixs of damage to Superman. Took out Superman and I think I may have also taken out Batman before the match was over, winning the match.

Second round I went up against a team that included the Collateral Damage Vet Green Lantern with Fortitude, Fantastic Forces Vet Dr. Strange, Vet Emerald Empress with Nova Blast, City of Heroes Manticore, a rookie Paramedic, a Destiny, a rookie Jean Grey, and the LE Sue Storm with the Alternate Fantastic 4 feat card, allowing all of the wildcards on his team to copy her 19 defense. Match started out badly for me, as I kept my figures too close and let Emerald Empress succeed in a Nova Blast attack against me, which quickly led to Antman and Black Panther being killed. While Donald Blake attacked Green Lantern, who went back to the Paramedic after being damaged, the rest of my team attempted to get past the 19 defenses of his other figures. Failing to do so, I decided to send Hawkeye and Black Knight on a little reconnaissance mission through the small indoor section of the map, in an attempt to take out the Paramedic and Sue Storm, both of which were hanging out near the back of my opponents side of the map. Black Knight used his Transporter move and attack ability to take out the Paramedic(who had pushed once while trying to heal Green Lantern, who had gone back out to the battle), and then Hawkeye used Running Shot against Sue Storm. Miraculously, I rolled a Critical Hit, dealing 3 clicks of damage to Sue and knocking her defense down from a 19 to a 16. Donald Blake then took down Green Lantern while Hawkeye finished off Sue Storm, and Emerald Empress, Dr. Strange, and Manticore, all crippled from taking Mystics damage and no longer able to benefit from Sue’s 19 defense, all fell soon after, and then it was just a matter of sweeping up the remaining support pieces to take the win.

Third and final round I went up against a team with LE Tony Stark with Fortitude, a Legacy Batman, E Nightwing, an Icons Raven, Vet Green Arrow, Unique Terra, LE Roy Harper Jr. and maybe some other figures. Battle was back and forth the entire time, but Donald Blake and the other members of my team pulled through for me in the end, as I took out everything except Raven, Batman, and Nightwing, while keeping Donald Blake, Black Knight(who was crippled throughout most of the match), and Black Panther, winning the tournament and taking home one of the two LE Lester(Bullseye) figure.

22. CBGB Urban Achiever

I love to play Heroclix!!!!

I go to tournaments every week at my neighbourhood comic book store

23. PaleRider Registered

I was really excited about supernova, then I bought a brick and a couple of boosters. I will not be fooled again. the brick had 4 uniques (2 of which were the read ghost) and like 2 reds. I will not be buying boosters anymore.

24. Ncrawler333 Registered

Well, if the 4 uniques all came in the brick, then that's normal, as people were complaining after Armor Wars came out that some bricks had 0-1 uniques, while other people were getting 11-12 in theirs. So they evened it out so that almost every brick would have 4 each. It does stink that you only got 2 veterans though, but at least you didn't get figures that had the wrong figure/stats with them, as I know a small portion of Supernova cases had that problem.

25. Ncrawler333 Registered

Had a Heroclix tournament tonight, decided to use a theme team with Mandarin, his Hand minions, Psylocke from when she was under his control, and two some other lackeys that he had hired:

V Mandarin 141
    -Protected 8
    -Fortitude 25
    -Mental Shields 15
    -Force Field 10
    -Nanobots 10
    -Heightened Reflexes 10
    V Psylocke 75
    -Lucky Break 5
    R Executioner 56
    -Passenger 5
    LE Gennady Gavrilov(Crimson Dynamo) 79
    5 Hand Ninjas(4 11 pointers, 1 13 pointer)

499 points total

First team I went up against had an E Joker with Close Combat Reflexes and an 18 defense (bumping his defense up to a 20 in close combat), a V Spoiler, and a R Black Panther. Oh, and an Icons V Superman. Superman easily took out Executioner and Gennady, but was unable to take out Mandarin, as I kept making my Heightened Reflexes rolls. Mandarin never got a shot in on Superman though, as Superman was able to use his Hypersonic to get out of his range before I had a chance to attack him. Game ended without either Mandarin or Superman being KO’d so I ended up losing by points.

Second round I went up against a U Vision and a V Vision, both loaded up with feat cards. Executioner used Passenger to carry Gennady with him up to both of the Visions, while Mandarin set up a few spaces away from them, with a Hand Ninja wall to keep him protected, while Psylocke joined later on. Executioner fell, but Mandarin, and Psylocke had no problem taking out the V Vision, while Gennady whittled down the U Vision. After V Vision fell, the rest of my figures surrounded the U Vision, and I easily took him out, winning the round.

Final round I went up against our judge, who had the new Sentinel that was just released Wednesday and the old Sentinel. Originally I was supposed to play against someone else, but they ended up leaving early as they were not feeling well. New Sentinel was at its 300 point level, old one was on its 100 point level. He also had a Space Phantom pog, and both Sentinels had feats on them. Match started with Executioner and Gennady taking on the old Sentinel, while Mandarin and Psylocke took on the new one. Executioner and the Space Phantom got taken out early, and I managed to whittle down the old Sentinel, but couldn’t do much against the newer one. The older Sentinel, which was weakened from its battle with Gennady and Excutioner then moved away from the battle to heal using Nanobots, but a couple of my Hand Ninjas then took him down. The other Sentinel managed to take out Gennady, and then took out Mandarin after a couple of turns. The match ended with Psylocke and 4 of the Hand Ninjas trying to take out the Sentinel, but I wasn’t able to, so I ended losing my second match of the day.

But despite that, I still ended up winning the tournament! The first person I went up against was hosting the event or something like that, so he was ineligible to win the tournament, and the third person was our judge, so he was also ineligible. So since I won against the second person I faced, I ended up winning despite losing two of my matches, and got the LE Kraven the Spider as a prize. So after getting my first two game winning streak, I know also have my first three game winning streak.