Mass Effect 3 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, wounds reopening here. :csad:

They're going to be releasing a book later in the year written by the lead writer of KoTOR and Mass Effect 1 that's going to cover what happened to Revan, the Exile and that whole cast of characters after the end of KoTOR 2.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/revan/index.html

It pretty much is the final nail in the pipe dream of a KoTOR 3 ever being released but at this point I'd take anything over nothing.

I'm still buying it. Rather spend my money on this than TOR.

They're going to be releasing a book later in the year written by the lead writer of KoTOR and Mass Effect 1 that's going to cover what happened to Revan, the Exile and that whole cast of characters after the end of KoTOR 2.

It pretty much is the final nail in the pipe dream of a KoTOR 3 ever being released but at this point I'd take anything over nothing.
Jesus, what a waste. :csad:

Oh, that could be bad.

I haven't read the ME books, so I can't comment on how good a novel writer Karpyshyn is. (I think I spelled that correctly.) But Gaider (DA) is a bad, bad novel writer.

Oh, that could be bad.

I haven't read the ME books, so I can't comment on how good a novel writer Karpyshyn is. (I think I spelled that correctly.) But Gaider (DA) is a bad, bad novel writer.

Well, he has written some pretty good (and popular) Star Wars stories such as the Darth Bane stories, in which his character was inspired by Revan's teachings from a holocron. I think it can be a great read.

I haven't read a Star Wars novel in a long, loooooong time. Once they killed Chewie is where I stopped.

Anywho, I'll probably pick this up and hope it's good. I gotta read the Darth Bane books soon. I hear they're good reads.

I know. :csad:

But let's look on the bright side, it could be a great read. :yay:

I'm just hoping that BS about Revan being the emperor's b***h isn't true.

I don't remember what the source was but I remember some official stating that Revan only pretended to submit to the Emperor but his plan was to conquer the Republic ostensibly as part of his agreement with the Emperor only to turn his army against him (which was why Revan was leaving the Republic infrastructure intact).

Well, he has written some pretty good (and popular) Star Wars stories such as the Darth Bane stories, in which his character was inspired by Revan's teachings from a holocron. I think it can be a great read.
I'll take your word for it. I have very little interest for Star Wars outside of KotOR1.

But popular doesn't always mean good.

Just read that Clint Mansell is scoring Mass Effect 3. Holy goodness, it's going to be so, so beautiful.

Thank you BioWare.

It certainly was a magnificent move indeed, I'm so excited to see what he has in store for us.

I hope we get the themes from the first 2 games in this one. Well, verisons of them, at least. Sort of like how in Shepards room on the nomrandy, the C-sec academy theme could be played on the radio near his bed.

I hope we get the themes from the first 2 games in this one. Well, verisons of them, at least. Sort of like how in Shepards room on the nomrandy, the C-sec academy theme could be played on the radio near his bed.

The main theme will be in it, that's for sure, the love theme probably as well. Other then that Mansell will either rework some of the other tracks while creating new material, no matter what it's going to sound great.

Beat the first one again last night for the first time playing as a Vanguard, now playing ME2 again and, once again, for the first time as a Vanguard. I've played ME2 so many times I figured I'd be silly not to try out a class I've never played as.

So far, so good. :)

The main theme will be in it, that's for sure, the love theme probably as well. Other then that Mansell will either rework some of the other tracks while creating new material, no matter what it's going to sound great.

Vigil's theme will likely return as well.

I want Mansell to rework Samara's theme. That was my favorite song from the soundtrack.

I'd like the Suicide Mission theme to be worked in somehow, as well.

The Suicide Mission theme was bliss to the ears. Loved it.

Also, Sanders isn't the guy we saw in the trailer?

The Suicide Mission theme was bliss to the ears. Loved it.

Also, Sanders isn't the guy we saw in the trailer?

Nope, the guy in the trailer wasn't James Sanders.

Regarding Mansell, it was unexpected that they chose him as a composer but it was indeed a brilliant choice. :up:

There are several tracks from both games that I would like to see reappear in new (and old) forms. Uncharted Worlds, Vigil, The Normandy, Suicide Mission, The Illusive Man, Humans Are Disappearing, Mordin, etc.

But the DLC for Mass Effect 2 had a lot of great music as well that I hope Bioware doesn't forget about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"