Mass Effect 3 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Grunt is probably a lock. I think Jack will probably be in as well since they're going out of their way to redesign her.

This is my current guess at the final lineup:

Garrus
Grunt
Kasumi
Jack
Legion
Liara
Tali
Vega

Not taking the Virmire Survivor and the Collector's Edition squaddie into account since they're kind of wildcards, this gives a good mix of classes/abilities. If you count Legion as male, then gender is equally represented. Also, the human-alien ratio is about even with ME2.

I agree with Grunt but I'd replace Legion with a new squadmate and Kasumi with Thane or Miranda.

LEGENDARY ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES FIRST-EVER FILM PANEL

AT 2011 COMIC-CON® INTERNATIONAL IN SAN DIEGO

Burbank, CA – July 6, 2011 – For the first time ever, Legendary Entertainment will hold a standalone panel to provide the Comic-Con® International audience with an early look at some of the films from Legendary’s upcoming slate. On Friday, July 22nd, audience participants will have the opportunity to attend an engaging panel consisting of cast and filmmakers from upcoming Legendary films including PACIFIC RIM, SEVENTH SON and PARADISE LOST, all to be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, as well as MASS EFFECT.

Fans can expect to witness on-stage camaraderie between and Q&A’s with:

PACIFIC RIM

Acclaimed writer, producer and director, Guillermo del Toro alongside cast members including Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Charlie Day, and Rinko Kikuchi as well as screenwriter, Travis Beacham.

SEVENTH SON

Academy Award® winner, Jeff Bridges and THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA star, Ben Barnes, alongside Alicia Vikander and director, Sergei Bodrov.

PARADISE LOST

Bradley Cooper and KNOWING director, Alex Proyas.

MASS EFFECT

Game creator, Casey Hudson and screenwriter adapting the game to film, Mark Protosevich.

Legendary’s Chairman and CEO, Thomas Tull as well as Chief Creative Officer, Jon Jashni, will also be in attendance to answer fan questions and to speak directly with cast and filmmakers about this exciting slate of upcoming films. Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times, who is also the founder of HeroComplex.com, will moderate the panel.

http://collider.com/comic-con-pacific-rim-mass-effect/100725/

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Que the "Shepard better not be in these movies as a male and or female or I'ma be ticked" group.

No way. Shepard should be nowhere near this movie.

I play as default Shepard, so I'd be fine with Shepard being in the movie. The fact that Legendary Pictures is making the movie makes me happy, I usually love their movies. It's the love interest that I'd be sort of mad about, as I'm sure they'll use Ashley & Miranda. I really didn't like them. Ashley was too xenophobic & Miranda was a b****, Tali FTW.

As for the ME3 squad, I hope Thane returns. I want to see what happens with his illness, if he dies or if Shepard can find a cure for him. I don't think characters like Mordin should be ruled out just yet, they're confirmed to appear in the game but we don't know their full roles yet.

I thought it was confirmed that Mordin wasn't going to be a full time squad member?

Also a bit of Mordin trivia: Did you guys know it wasn't Michael Beattie doing his voice in the E3 demo but Mark Meer?

No way. Shepard should be nowhere near this movie.

Agreed. The ME universe is rich enough that they can tell a totally unique story and still have it be wide in scope. I've already seen the story of ME1&2 in a format that the movie can't possibly eclipse. I'd be up for something new but a straight out adaptation fills me with dread.

Last edited:
I agree with Grunt but I'd replace Legion with a new squadmate and Kasumi with Thane or Miranda.

I think, I'm not positive but I think that Thane has been confirmed as nonplayable. I agree about Miranda. She is a must.

Because she's a good character who is fairly important and should be around at the end?

in one of those interviews, they say they "changed" Tali's appearance..........wait what??!!

Agreed. The ME universe is rich enough that they can tell a totally unique story and still have it be wide in scope. I've already seen the story of ME1&2 in a format that the movie can't possibly eclipse. I'd be up for something new but a straight out adaptation fills me with dread.

Thank you. This is exactly right. This came up in the movie boards a few times, and I was surprised that some people just want to see some adaptation of the ME as they are. We already have those stories and having the same thing on the big screen would just be a gimped version of that story. Really, I think a companion piece film would be the way to go myself. Or just not do it.

I tried posting that sentiment a few times in the movie thread as well, but most people don't seem to care. :[

Last edited:
I want to see a movie with Shepard. Whether that takes place before, during or after the games is for the production team to decide.

But why would you really want Shepard, though? There isn't really a Shepard. There's millions of Shepards that made multiple different decisions among millions of different play throughs. It'd be like watching someone filming their version of how they played one of the games. I really just don't see any real point to that, honestly. I'll replay the games if I want to see that.

If the argument is there are a million different Shepards, then how would a movie Shepard hurt anything?

If the argument is there are a million different Shepards, then how would a movie Shepard hurt anything?

But why would you really want Shepard, though? There isn't really a Shepard. There's millions of Shepards that made multiple different decisions among millions of different play throughs. It'd be like watching someone filming their version of how they played one of the games. I really just don't see any real point to that, honestly. I'll replay the games if I want to see that.

:huh:

Yeah, I noticed that. That's your opinion and fair, I just don't agree with it.

Okay, fair enough, but I really would like to know why you'd want to see that. Not to put you on the spot or pick on you or anything like, but I just don't see the appeal to it. The whole point of the game is that you create your own character, take them in their personal direction, make them react a way you want to how things happens, basically make up their characterizations. Doing a film with that would lose all of that. I just, I don't know, I cannot grasp the appeal of that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"