• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect 3 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha i think most of it is actually an act. He's got more videos like this.

Seriously, the best part tho comes at the end, when he says he called Gamestop and "they were sold the f**k out" throwing his drink everywhere.

Thanks I'm gonna try and preorder it at BB this weekend as I see it's sold out already at a lot of retailers

Heads up, I was advised by one of the dudes at BestBuy to do it online (don't know if it's back in stock there) for it to be for certain. He told me they were still taking pre-orders in-store where I went (in New York) but that they were at a point where they could not guarantee an N7 copy for me. Something about the store taking more pre-orders for it past their set limit for the N7 Edition. I think he mentioned that the store was looking to get more in time for the release date, which I guess was the justification for still taking pre-orders on it.

I think I heard something about this happening, in store to my knowledge, at Best Buy's for the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls.

Just a heads up of what I'd heard, man.

Haha...I think you're right. It's definitely an act. The end was indeed wondrous though.

I had full intention of creating my own Shep but a). i kind of liked the resemblance of default Shep to Matthew Fox(from LOST) and b). every one came out ugly as hell. I couldn't get a decent face. So i just stuck with the original. Im glad i did cuz now, with all this marketing, if i was playing as anyone else it'd feel weird to me. Like i wasn't playing as the "right" Shepard.

I feel the same exact way. I wanted to make a custom Shepard (and on my current play through I even fooled around with the character builder for about twenty minutes). But Bioware has made Shepard into a brand. Playing as anyone but the default Shepard would be like playing as a green Sonic the Hedgehog. It just didn't feel right so I backed down. :(

Act or no act, this dude is the physical manifestation of all the little whiney gamers out there b****ing that Bioware is screwing them. When all these people get together and whine, all those pathetic sobs end up forming this, creature.

I feel the same exact way. I wanted to make a custom Shepard (and on my current play through I even fooled around with the character builder for about twenty minutes). But Bioware has made Shepard into a brand. Playing as anyone but the default Shepard would be like playing as a green Sonic the Hedgehog. It just didn't feel right so I backed down. :(

Lol.

Green Sonic the Hedgehog. I could dig it.

I reserved mine probably almost a year ago, then I canceled it so I could put in a gift card and reorder it. That was at the end of December.

Watching an auction on Ebay now and it's up to $130 for the N7 edition.

Damn. I reserved my N7 edition in September and paid it off about a month ago. I should sell that ****.

Lol.

Green Sonic the Hedgehog. I could dig it.

:funny: Sadly, I think that is why Bioware, even though they have talked about it, are going to have a hard time breaking away from Shepard in future installments. This isn't like Revan or the Warden where there really isn't an iconic version. Shepard is an iconic part of the Mass Effect franchise. The "canon Shepard," (for lack of better wording) has become the face of the series. Just as Halo can't really break away from Master Chief, I have difficulty seeing a Mass Effect without Shepard.

:funny: Sadly, I think that is why Bioware, even though they have talked about it, are going to have a hard time breaking away from Shepard in future installments. This isn't like Revan or the Warden where there really isn't an iconic version. Shepard is an iconic part of the Mass Effect franchise. The "canon Shepard," (for lack of better wording) has become the face of the series. Just as Halo can't really break away from Master Chief, I have difficulty seeing a Mass Effect without Shepard.

Yea thats a good point. I mean hasn't it been stated that the film is going to focus on Shepard?

Honestly, I don't really care how they market it or whatever. They gave us the option to create our own Shepard, so my Shepard is the canon one to my game. They can have the default on the covers, do a male Shepard for the movie if it happens, but I'm sticking to my Shepard as the Shepard. Because, really, if Bioware was going to go that route, they really never shouldn't have given you the option to change Shepard at all, especially radically enough to switch genders.

I reserved mine probably almost a year ago, then I canceled it so I could put in a gift card and reorder it. That was at the end of December.

Watching an auction on Ebay now and it's up to $130 for the N7 edition.

Wow. I wonder if that price will keep or get any higher come release. Might need to throw mine up on eBay.

Yea thats a good point. I mean hasn't it been stated that the film is going to focus on Shepard?

Yep. Though I have my doubts if the movie will ever get made. I've seen too many video game movies get stuck in development hell and the only ones that ever seem to get made are the ones where the budgets are cut down by a hack like Paul Anderson who sacrifices the story and heart of the game to do so.

Honestly, I don't really care how they market it or whatever. They gave us the option to create our own Shepard, so my Shepard is the canon one to my game. They can have the default on the covers, do a male Shepard for the movie if it happens, but I'm sticking to my Shepard as the Shepard. Because, really, if Bioware was going to go that route, they really never should've given you the option to change Shepard at all, especially radically enough to switch genders.

Oh yeah, I agree. I just had difficulty changing him because the "canon Shepard," is so ingrained in my head as a part of Mass Effect.

Wow. I wonder if that price will keep or get any higher come release. Might need to throw mine up on eBay.
I'm going to see if I can get a family member check out the Commissary at a Military base by their house where I picked up the CE of ME2. Maybe a nice $50 profit. :o

Why I am glad to be playing Mass Effect 2 now that I am done with Skyrim:

I no longer have to live in fear of a giant spider popping up on my screen every time I load.

This dude is mad at Bioware/EA...and he's really fat. Funny tho.

[YT]IUrbMDt5t4A[/YT]

Oh, it's obviously an act. A pretty funny one too.

"Yeah, there's a Mass... Mass Effect... There's a mass, a CANCEROUS MASS on the side of gaming! AND IT'S CALLED BIOWARE!!" :funny:

Reminds me a lot of this video after Square announced Final Fantasy XIII for the 360. Best part is when is makes his little toast with a wine glass filled with milk. :funny:

[YT]k-uTnqYHZ-I[/YT]

Genius.

Oh, it's obviously an act. A pretty funny one too.

"Yeah, there's a Mass... Mass Effect... There's a mass, a CANCEROUS MASS on the side of gaming! AND IT'S CALLED BIOWARE!!" :funny:

Haha yea, i find some of his stuff to be pretty amusing. He also did a more serious video talking about bullying and stuff and thats when i realized everything he was doing was more of his "character". Funny dude.

LOL @ that video you posted though. I remember some of the outcry after that happened.

Heh, that Francis guy gave me a good laugh.

Why I am glad to be playing Mass Effect 2 now that I am done with Skyrim:

I no longer have to live in fear of a giant spider popping up on my screen every time I load.
I'm about to start up ME 2 again after Skyrim as well, but I'm gonna miss those giant spiders. The way their webs blurred my screen. The way their hairy little legs would caress my character's face so adorably as they tried to strip the flesh from it. The way their giant mandibles would twitch slightly after I murdered them with magic fire. Oh, giant spiders. What will I do without you? :csad:

DLC Character for Mass Effect 3 - Giant Spider Squad Member

In a small pen at the foot of some stairs, preferably in a room frequented by some child character. :)

But seriously, though, a Rachni squad member if you spared them in ME 1? That would be kind of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"