May 2008 Solicitations

So...we're not only getting one but TWO big marvel events in May?? Secret Invasion and Avengers/Invaders?? I completely forgot about that event, Marvel hasnt been giving it ANY hype. And its 12 issues long! My god Marvel, one big event wasnt enough?? And are these two events happening simultaneously?

So...we're not only getting one but TWO big marvel events in May?? Secret Invasion and Avengers/Invaders?? I completely forgot about that event, Marvel hasnt been giving it ANY hype. And its 12 issues long! My god Marvel, one big event wasnt enough??

There's a HUGE difference between a big book and an event.

Captain America, Bucky, Human Torch, and Namor are coming from the 40's to the present time. And this is all happening in regular continuity, how could this not be considered an event?

Because it's a self contained maxi-series with no titles crossing over....for now.

By your logic, The Twelve is an event comic.

It's not an event, it's just a maxi-series.

What Alex Ross always does.

It doesn't even really seem that interesting to me, either. We've seen the Invaders cross over with modern-day characters before, haven't we? So Cap's dead in the present this time--big deal.

Oh, my mistake then, it just seemed like it was yet another way to capitilze on Captain america's death, but as long as it doesnt bother any of the other titles then thats cool. So I guess it'll sorta be like Loeb's Onslaught Reborn, it happens but it doesnt really change anything.

Oh, my mistake then, it just seemed like it was yet another way to capitilze on Captain america's death, but as long as it doesnt bother any of the other titles then thats cool. So I guess it'll sorta be like Loeb's Onslaught Reborn, it happens but it doesnt really change anything.

Basically.

Thunderbolts: Reason in Madness looks good, though I guess this means Ellis won't be finishing "Caged Angels" until June. :cmad:

I'm going to have pick up Mighty Avengers, I'm can't fight lure of Nicky Fury

Well, it'll look better than Onslaught Reborn, at least.

This claim's been made by dozens of Ghost Rider fans before only to be proven wrong on other occasions...but anyone else get the feeling that the page they're referencing is the return of Ketch? I can't think of anyone else that would be worth hyping that much, and Aaron was really tepid about even discussing that subject in the last interview.

If it is, I'll officially be reading Ghost Rider again with that issue. :up:

If Marvel was going to capitalize on Captain America's death, I doubt they'd pull another OMD-esque move and just bring Steve Rogers back from the past. A matter of fact, they'd do the exact opposite of capitalizing, because that'd just be lame.

I'm going to have pick up Mighty Avengers, I'm can't fight lure of Nicky Fury

You're not alone!I gotta see these new Howlin' Commandos.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
That and the fact it's being drawn by Alex Maleev and Khoi Pham.:up:
[/FONT]

I'm still new to Pham (him or her?, seriously) but his (?) Incredible Herc stuff is great.

Pham was the worst X-factor artist. I really dislike his work.

Pham was the worst X-factor artist. I really dislike his work.

All I know is his Herc stuff, so that's what I'm basing my interest in him on. His Herc is rather sexy.:o

I am soooooooooooooo buying htat Guardians of the Galaxy... it looks great :D

Knew it wouldn't take long for Nova to mix it up with the Surfer and Galactus. This will be awesome. :up:

marvels-may-08-first-look-20080218060420680.jpg

It looks like theyre having sex. Maleev knows what I like:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"