Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Its the mantle that she took over which is why they would call her captain marvel. Not because of her actual ranking. Gotta love aliens.

Well I think thats a very recent development in the comics. And only because the original Captain Marvel has been dead for quite a while.

I dont think we know what's going to happen movie-wise at this point.

Of course we don't, otherwise these would be very short discussions.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but why do we call her Captain Marvel at all? Isn't that kind of odd, seeing as her rank is major?

Its the mantle that she took over which is why they would call her captain marvel. Not because of her actual ranking. Gotta love aliens.

I think that just proves that the general audience will wonder the same thing. As I said before in an earlier post, Captain America's army rank in the comics was Private, but they promoted him to Captain in the movie, and then called him Captain Rogers. People will wonder why she isn't Major Marvel if she's Major Danvers, whether or not it's a mantle or homage to Mar-Vell. It just makes it much simpler if she's a Captain in the US Air Force rather than Major. Yes, I realise Major is higher than Captain, but it would be less confusing. Besides, Captain America has never been that highly ranked in the Army and that hasn't reflected on his tactical ability and leadership.

only one true captain marvel:o
captain-marvel_large.jpg

:awesome::up: I second that. :oldrazz:

Well, Marvel Comics owns the rights to the name, might as well use it. Plus they should call him Mar-Vell most of the film, and only call Carol Captain Marvel after she gets his powers. And DC is calling him SHAZAM anyway, I think in the new 52 he isn't even called Captain Marvel (unfortunately).
I think that just proves that the general audience will wonder the same thing. As I said before in an earlier post, Captain America's army rank in the comics was Private, but they promoted him to Captain in the movie, and then called him Captain Rogers. People will wonder why she isn't Major Marvel if she's Major Danvers, whether or not it's a mantle or homage to Mar-Vell. It just makes it much simpler if she's a Captain in the US Air Force rather than Major. Yes, I realise Major is higher than Captain, but it would be less confusing. Besides, Captain America has never been that highly ranked in the Army and that hasn't reflected on his tactical ability and leadership.
Not if they explain it like they did in the recent comics. Carol says, after Mar-Vell sacrifices himself to stop the Phoenix Force from destroying the Kree (him being the anchor or something because it brought him back to life), she says that he needs to be remembered, and to not be forgotten.
In later comics she asks Spider-Man what he thinks of the name Captain Marvel. And Captain America tells her (I think) that Mar-Vell would be honored.
So if there is a scene in the movie where she flat out says "I will honor his name by calling myself Captain Marvel." Or a scene similar the audience will understand completely. They could even go further and say Kree custom is that the dead pass down their name as a way to be remembered, so Captain Mar-Vell would pass his name to Carol while dying after sacrificing himself to save New York or LA. Also I its possible not as many people know that Major is higher than Captain as you might think. And maybe she is promoted to Major in the film, the whole movie she could be a Captain until the end if that helps.

Last edited:
Well, from The Avengers boards we know that not to be true :o

Lol! When I was writing it I was like "Cosmic, that's not true at all..." but I thought it would fly, anyway. And it would have, if not for you pesky kids... :argh:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-cliffhanger-robert-downey-jrs-518837

eyond that, the company is tight-lipped about its plans. Marvel has a writing program it uses as a concept generator and has scripts for Blade and Ms. Marvel features, for example. Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways are other projects on the horizon. The company slowly has been reacquiring licenses to characters it lost during the 1990s, snapping up Blade, Ghost Rider, Power Man and Daredevil in the past year alone.

:awesome:

I'd be excited if I believed anything would actually come of it.

We are getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie ffs! What is so far-fetched about a Ms. Marvel movie? If they give her a part in A2 or some other MCU film and the audience likes her, then a solo movie is pretty much guaranteed. Why the cynicism?

She's their flagship female hero in the comics and once Marvel said they're looking into female characters for a movie it's assumed the most likely candidates are Black Widow and Ms Marvel.

Promising news! Like the sound of Blade as well.

I think if Phase 2 does well we will be seeing Marvel bringing all kinds of characters to the bring screen. Maybe i'm being too hopeful but I think Phase 3 will be the Phase of alot of new characters. Using Ant-Man as a example.

I'm excited about Ms. Marvel, finally a superhero movie with a female lead character! I hope they will release it in 2016. I'm not excited about another Blade movie. I hope they release a movie for Dr. Strange or Black Panther first. Though its good that they are already planning to reboot it.

I'm super psyched for Ms Marvel too.

I don't get the Blade reboot, unless they want to do it with Snipes and want to get to it before he's too old.
Black Panther would've been better.

The Blade reboot won't happen which makes me think the Ms.Marvel film won't happen :(

I think Ms. Marvel will happen.

The Blade news is a bit of a surprise. I'm assuming if they bring him to the screen ahead of Black Panther for example, it would be to take part in the vampire boom that has happened the last few years in popular culture. Cross-pollinate the different genres and audiences.

Last edited:
Some notes about what I'd like from a Ms. Marvel movie:

- Introduce SWORD. perhaps even show the founding of SWORD in response to Thor/Chitauri/Thanos. The threats of the movie should be extra-terrestrial (duh).
- Ms Marvel is a badass. At least as physically strong as Thor. Energy blasts that are substantially unique from Iron Man's repulsors/Hydra weapons etc.
- Costume is altered. As hot as she is, I'll admit Carol should have a somewhat less skimpy outfit than her classic one piece thong.
- Not too heavy focus on Mar-Vell. If they are doing Ms Marvel as a female-centric superhero flick, then do it right. Don't have a male hero character that can outmatch Carol in HER movie.

- Introduce SWORD. perhaps even show the founding of SWORD in response to Thor/Chitauri/Thanos. The threats of the movie should be extra-terrestrial (duh).
- Ms Marvel is a badass. At least as physically strong as Thor. Energy blasts that are substantially unique from Iron Man's repulsors/Hydra weapons etc.
- Costume is altered. As hot as she is, I'll admit Carol should have a somewhat less skimpy outfit than her classic one piece thong.
- Not too heavy focus on Mar-Vell. If they are doing Ms Marvel as a female-centric superhero flick, then do it right. Don't have a male hero character that can outmatch Carol in HER movie.
YES, YES, YES, AND HECK YES!!!! This is what a Ms Marvel movie has to have.

I have a feeling that if Carol gets into the movies she'll be wearing her more current Captain Marvel outfit as opposed to her Ms. Marvel outfit.

I prefer Ms Marvel's original red and blue Kree-inspired costume the most. I dislike her current Captain Marvel costume, and particularly her accompanying hairstyle. Put her in her original costume just like in A:EMH. That doesn't look like a stripper costume like the black and gold one.

I prefer Ms Marvel's original red and blue Kree-inspired costume the most. I dislike her current Captain Marvel costume, and particularly her accompanying hairstyle. Put her in her original costume just like in A:EMH. That doesn't look like a stripper costume like the black and gold one.
I'd support that.

I wish they'd make up their minds about what to do with her hair. Sometimes it looks hacked off and other times it appears to be tied back in a bun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"