Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Spader doesn't demand screen time as himself. He might sound suitable for Ultron but physically he would be too out of shape. Besides, why would Ultron want to take on human form when he hates all humans?

I just hope Spader will be happy to just be the voice of Ultron so they wont go changing the character to an android just to get Spader "face time" for the camera!! :cmad:

What the hell makes anyone think that Spader is going to be playing Ultron in physical form? Ultron has never taken human form. He would consider looking like vermin to be beneath him. STG, some fans will find any reason to ***** about a casting announcement. :whatever:

This is awesome. I can only imagine how that pitch meeting went:

"Hey James, we need you to become a indestructible, genocidal robot killing machine."

"I'm in!"

"It's for the next Avengers movie."

"It's for a movie?" **pauses for thought** "Alright, still in."

:lmao:

i seriously doubt we'll be seeing an android ultron
he'll do the voice, and quite possibly the mocap

Spader's not such a huge name that he needs face time, i'm sure he's okay with it

You never know,,,,,egos being what they are...

What the hell makes anyone think that Spader is going to be playing Ultron in physical form? Ultron has never taken human form. He would consider looking like vermin to be beneath him. STG, some fans will find any reason to ***** about a casting announcement. :whatever:

Yeah, I cannot see Whedon and Co. changing any of Ultron's iconic robot body and face for this movie. The teaser showed Ultron's mask!

No way will it be Spader's body. Very likely it'll be some mo-cap and his voice they will use.

God I am so excited!

Hard lessons from that crappy Dr. Doom or the dust cloud named Galactus.....that's what!

"Creative License" and the contractual required "face-time" has ruined great characters in past films! Darth Vader was great because the voice was great.......

Someone like Spader doesn't have leverage to demand anything, come on man. The guys a class act and I'm sure he's happy to just be in on something the magnitude of a summer block buster the likes of Avengers.

The more i think about it, the more i love this casting. I mean listen to the monologue he gives at the beginning of this video, i can totally see why he was chosen.

Hard lessons from that crappy Dr. Doom or the dust cloud named Galactus.....that's what!

"Creative License" and the contractual required "face-time" has ruined great characters in past films! Darth Vader was great because the voice was great.......

Doom and Galactus were Fox fox-ups. Marvel had no creative control over the FF franchise. Feige and Whedon would not hire an actor to play a robot and then allow him to demand "face-time" in his contract because they dictate the terms. Even if Spader were their first choice, they had plenty of other options. Hollywood is full of actors who would jump at the chance to earn big bucks for an easy voice/mo-cap role, and do a great job of it at that.

Agreed man some people make no sense at all with their assumptions and *****ing about things.

tumblr_mk6li8_BSs_G1qcygcoo1_500.jpg

and so, at long last, the circle is complete...

Awesome casting. Love Spader from his Boston Legal days. His voice is fantastic.

Love this casting. A great actor with a perfect villain voice, what more could you want.

more I tihnk about it, the more I love it

between 86 and 96 Spader had a lot of juicy roles. Not just villains.

and agreed that this is inspired casting. kind of embarrassed that it hadnt occurred to me lol.

Doom and Galactus were Fox fox-ups. Marvel had no creative control over the FF franchise. Feige and Whedon would not hire an actor to play a robot and then allow him to demand "face-time" in his contract because they dictate the terms. Even if Spader were their first choice, they had plenty of other options. Hollywood is full of actors who would jump at the chance to earn big bucks for an easy voice/mo-cap role, and do a great job of it at that.

Oh really? then why does Chris Evans always find a reason to lose his mask in a fight?? And why does Thor not wear his freakin' HELMET????

Tobey McGuire and this new kid "whats his face" ??? Spidey mask always has to come off!
I know those are Sony..........

I knew FF was FOX.....

But Cap is Marvel / Disney and it still happened. And Chris Evans wasn't a "heavyweight" (a still isn't). I'd put Spader right where Downey was before Ironman I.

Look...I hope you are right....but anything can happen.

Ultron is a robot. Why would a robot's mask ever come off? Is Ultron Robocop now?

Shazam what the hell are you going on about?

And why are naysayers around the web bringing up Tuff Turf and Mannequin as to why Spader is a bad choice?

It's way too stark raving to be sarcasm.

The fact they say they cast him AS Ultron and not the voice of Ultron, and considering they cast him so far ahead of production, makes me think he's not just going to voice the character but actually play him...which obviously leads to the question of are they going to have Ultron take on a human layer of skin at some point, Terminator style? I think this Ultron is going to be even more different than we thought.

Like the Ultron that was a naked woman with a giant ass? I remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"