The Dark Knight Rises Official Oswald " The Penguin " Cobblepot thread

I'd first have Hoskins; for second runner up, how do guys feel about Ian Holme.

I've always thought Paul Giamatti would be an interesting choice as Penguin, but that's just me.

Seagal as the Penguin = epic lulz. If they'd kept Schumacher at the helm, we might've actually seen that happen! XD

I recentley saw a trailer for "be kind, Re-wind" and I suddenly have respect for Jack Black! But only a little, Bob Hoskins would be a better choice overall!

i doubt this will happen !

Why?

I'd first have Hoskins; for second runner up, how do guys feel about Ian Holme.

Holm maybe could do it

I've always thought Paul Giamatti would be an interesting choice as Penguin, but that's just me.

He could pull it off

I recentley saw a trailer for "be kind, Re-wind" and I suddenly have respect for Jack Black! But only a little, Bob Hoskins would be a better choice overall!

With out a doubt

I'm not sure the penguin will be in the third one....we have enough with Two face, Cats and Joker ! Let's not turn this into a monster parade!

But I'v been wrong before !:woot:

I'm not sure the penguin will be in the third one....we have enough with Two face, Cats and Joker ! Let's not turn this into a monster parade!

But I'v been wrong before !:woot:

So have I, who'd of thought she had a penis......

Catwoman is confirmed for the third?

and lol @ cyrusbales comment

Catwoman is confirmed for the third?

and lol @ cyrusbales comment
there's a strong rumor of Selina being mentioned at the end of the movie ! It's part of the script I think !

And I didn' get the joke sorry :woot: :woot: (I should be in bed now but I don't want to...)!

+ Nolan have said that he don't want Penguin in the movies.

Yes, we will not get the Penguin in a Chris Nolan bat-film, he's said he thought the character was bland and wasn't interested in using him.

But for casting after Nolan has done his trilogy, I'd say the typical Bob Hoskins choice. I think he'd be great. Paul Giamatti is also a very interesting choice.

But I must say, Danny Devito is the perfect Penguin in every way. And I don't mean in terms of Batman Returns either. He's the right size, build, and height and he's a good actor. He could easily master any version of the Penguin. The campy maniacal Penguin, the dark and twisted Penguin, or the normal arms dealer and club owner Penguin. Devito would be perfect at playing any version of them. It just so happens to be, he played the twisted Burton version in BR.

Ian McShane would OWN Penguin

mcshane05.jpg
mcshane07.jpg

mcshane02.gif
mcshane04.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v653/hearfield/?action=view&current=mcshane02.gif

Yes, we will not get the Penguin in a Chris Nolan bat-film, he's said he thought the character was bland and wasn't interested in using him.

But for casting after Nolan has done his trilogy, I'd say the typical Bob Hoskins choice. I think he'd be great. Paul Giamatti is also a very interesting choice.

But I must say, Danny Devito is the perfect Penguin in every way. And I don't mean in terms of Batman Returns either. He's the right size, build, and height and he's a good actor. He could easily master any version of the Penguin. The campy maniacal Penguin, the dark and twisted Penguin, or the normal arms dealer and club owner Penguin. Devito would be perfect at playing any version of them. It just so happens to be, he played the twisted Burton version in BR.
After the trilogy? What's the point THEN?
Where's the link then?
Probably in a museum or something.

three words, one name:

philip seymour hoffman.

Maybe the fact that they'll make more Batman movies after Nolan has done a trilogy and they will also need to be cast?

They allready said that this trilogy is called Year 1 so i'm sure after Nolan's done another dude will come along wanting to do year 2,
and I'm sure there gonna have robin in there :whatever:

^ I have serious doubts that there will be any more than 3 films in this series.

Yeah, I don't think anybody have the balls to continue what Nolan did. I find it hard to believe anybody wants to be another Schumacher.

^ I have serious doubts that there will be any more than 3 films in this series.

I don't think so either. After Nolan has done a trilogy, someone else should just come in and do their own thing. No need to be forced to standards another director has set. There will definitely be more Batman movies after Nolan is done, they probably just won't be connected.

Yeah, I don't think anybody have the balls to continue what Nolan did. I find it hard to believe anybody wants to be another Schumacher.

As said above, it'd be much better if the next director just starts another
series of films after Batman 3. I believe that's what they'll probably do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"