• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises **OFFICIAL** TDK Rises merchandise thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if only Mattel had done something similar to that with Keaton's 1989 or 1992 Bats... would've been truly epic!

Ugh that figure looks bad. We've wanted a Bruce for ages and they give us one in a black onesie with what I'm SURE is an ill fitting rubber suit? Leave the rubber suits to hot toys

Oh, please) Stop complaining and be happy that they've done at least something interesting and creative) Yes, it's not perfect, but a good collectible nonetheless) Don't be so grim, man :D

I'm diggin it too. I could make my own Bruce Wayne figure using the same tired old thug body that they use for everybody. I'm all about the quick change Batman figures! I need some close ups though.

The piano keys opening up the Batcave is such an awesome touch! I so want to get that figure!

The piano keys opening up the Batcave is such an awesome touch!
Indeed + for the first time ever, you're getting a mini-version of Wayne Manor, instead of:

wayne.jpg

The only problem is, once it goes on Matty Collector it will be sold out almost immediately. I wish they would come up with some way for other fans to get them who truly want to own these exclusives. Sucks for those of us who can't make it out to SDCC and who don't want to pay a monthly membership to a site like Matty Collector. I would have to see the price of that figure first before buying. It's cool packaging, but seems passable in general.

That batcave is awesome too. I'm not being grim. Been collecting figures for years and years. With these mattel figures...I'm not sure what to think anymore.

I ran out and bought all the Dark Knight movie masters the day they came out in 2008. With the subsequent waves, I bought all of those too. In fact I bought so many that things like this started happening:

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

I guess you could say it's "bad" when there's a line comprised of 14 figures and you have around 70 of them. But I blame the hype.

Now flash forward a few years:

P1060248.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

A lot of the figures are changing color and deteriorating at alarming rates excreting a plastic "sweat." I know it's not just me either. My friends who collect have had the same problem and you can see examples of this on ebay. You might recall the first batch of jokers, batmans and thugs without the air holes were "recalled" for unspecified reasons. The later batches are decomposing plastic grease.

Disappointing. Makes me think all of these are cheap crap. Makes me not want to collect. I've been in contact with mattel about this issue to see what they can do for me. If anyone isn't dissuaded by this and wants to buy movie masters I have all of them available.

That batcave is awesome too. I'm not being grim. Been collecting figures for years and years. With these mattel figures...I'm not sure what to think anymore.

I ran out and bought all the Dark Knight movie masters the day they came out in 2008. With the subsequent waves, I bought all of those too. In fact I bought so many that things like this started happening:

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

I guess you could say it's "bad" when there's a line comprised of 14 figures and you have around 70 of them. But I blame the hype.

P1060248.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

A lot of the figures are changing color and deteriorating at alarming rates excreting a plastic "sweat." I know it's not just me either. My friends who collect have had the same problem and you can see examples of this on ebay. You might recall the first batch of jokers, batmans and thugs without the air holes were "recalled" for unspecified reasons. The later batches are decomposing plastic grease.

Disappointing. Makes me think all of these are cheap crap. Makes me not want to collect. I've been in contact with mattel about this issue to see what they can do for me. If anyone isn't dissuaded by this and wants to buy movie masters I have all of them available.

Do you have a fear toxin Batman available?

Oh wow... this changing color problem looks like a really serious issue to me. Do you think it will happen with the new MM Bane/Catwoman/Alfred figures?

Oh wow... this changing color problem looks like a really serious issue to me. Do you think it will happen with the new MM Bane/Catwoman/Alfred figures?

It absolutely will. It's the type of plastic they use. With the darker figures like catwoman it will probably happen within a year or so. These might be dangerous chemicals too. It happens to mattels other DC Universe classics figures too.

Damn, that's crazy about the colors changing.

You guys are being idiots expecting figures you paid nearly $20 for 4 years ago.

seriously though, its happening to the Knee on my Batman, it's terible that mattel use this plastic and i imagine still are on the new Movie masters though.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

P1060248.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

Well I had hoped you bought all of those figures for the reason to sell them eventually. But I guess you just wasted even more money. :o

That's a weird problem.

I haven't had a color-change problem on any of mine ... and I think I got the original recalled first-wave Joker. I have both Jokers, TDK Batman, First Night Batman, straight-jacket Scarecrow, Two Face and the Batpod. I just checked them, and they look fine.

KBZ

Yeah, mine are all well. Other than one of my TDK Batmans fell apart at the knees and elbows...

That's a weird problem.

I haven't had a color-change problem on any of mine ... and I think I got the original recalled first-wave Joker. I have both Jokers, TDK Batman, First Night Batman, straight-jacket Scarecrow, Two Face and the Batpod. I just checked them, and they look fine.

KBZ
Yeah, my Batman looks fine, and I have no idea where my Joker is. And both were the first waves, too.

Either way, that still sucks. I was thinking about picking up a Bane figure, but I think I'll pass, now.

I don't think Movie Masters were ever recalled, is there confirmation of this? Like, MATTEL solid, not Hype solid?

I think what happened was they were just so darn popular, they sold out immediately, and it took a while for more stock to show up (the next wave with Scarecrow). What's more ridiculous is people seem to think that Joker in particular was recalled, no one else. :D

Bane has his scar down the back of his neck on the Movie Master, btw...

This is why I'm really interested to get a shirtless Bane out and check the back. Is it entirely detailed, I wonder...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"