The Dark Knight Rises **OFFICIAL** TDK Rises merchandise thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce->Batman was perfected in 92 with Returns. This one looks weird...

Dumb, that it doesn't even come with a business suit. Bruce looks like a model for Under Armour.

Bruce->Batman was perfected in 92 with Returns. This one looks weird...

Dumb, that it doesn't even come with a business suit. Bruce looks like a model for Under Armour.
Do we have close up pics of this figure. Is it the BB suit? I've only seen the video, and I couldn't make out what suit it was.

Mattel never recalled the Jokers, there was a Mattel Recall around 2008, it was mainly baby toys though.

Changing colors?.. Ahh memories

_00067186.jpg

Know what would be interesting to see? A Barbie style Catwoman doll. ;p

Maid outfit, Hepburn outfit, Catwoman suit, Ballroom costume... Change her yourself. hahah

The Hot Toys Catwoman will be better. :cwink:

Mattel never recalled the Jokers, there was a Mattel Recall around 2008, it was mainly baby toys though.

The very first wave of figures with no air holes was pulled from the shelves around that time. No explanation was given. The MMs disappeared for about two months before re appearing with air holes in the cards. The new ones are the ones with the plastic sweat. The old ones quite possibly have lead paint or something. I'm working on getting to the bottom of it with mattel's corporate line.

I can provide sku numbers and forum posts dated for evidence if you don't believe me.

I am SO sold on that SDCC exclusive, I'll be posting pics from when I get it at the con. I'll be going all four days + preview night, so that'll be my first stop on preview night. :D

That batcave is awesome too. I'm not being grim. Been collecting figures for years and years. With these mattel figures...I'm not sure what to think anymore.

I ran out and bought all the Dark Knight movie masters the day they came out in 2008. With the subsequent waves, I bought all of those too. In fact I bought so many that things like this started happening:

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

I guess you could say it's "bad" when there's a line comprised of 14 figures and you have around 70 of them. But I blame the hype.

Now flash forward a few years:

P1060248.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

A lot of the figures are changing color and deteriorating at alarming rates excreting a plastic "sweat." I know it's not just me either. My friends who collect have had the same problem and you can see examples of this on ebay. You might recall the first batch of jokers, batmans and thugs without the air holes were "recalled" for unspecified reasons. The later batches are decomposing plastic grease.

Disappointing. Makes me think all of these are cheap crap. Makes me not want to collect. I've been in contact with mattel about this issue to see what they can do for me. If anyone isn't dissuaded by this and wants to buy movie masters I have all of them available.

Thats odd, most of my figures are still fine. The plastic "sweat" usually means the pieces werent cast up correctly

Whoa, that really sucks. :( I have recently started my MM collection with the 2-pack Gordon/protosuit Bruce and Two-Face, and I'm getting Bane, Batman and Catwoman when they're out here.

My advice to you guys as someone who bought way too many is to OPEN your movie masters. Leaving them carded makes them succeptible to this rot.

Well I went to a walmart today...and Jesus H. Christ...

I show up, and check every toy aisle and found nothing. Not even the Amazing Spider-Man figures. Only thing they had was a like a ASM dinky car or something dumb. I then asked a lady in the toy aisle and asked if they had any TDKR merch in the back, and she responded "uh....it's not my job to check back there, what you see on the shelf is what you get".

Then I asked another lady about five minutes later, and she checked, she then asked me "what kind of Batman figure do you want? there are different cases and I'm not going to put them on the shelves now so just tell me what you want and I'll grab it" i then asked for a Movie Masters Bane.

She then comes back with the figure, and i check out at the front to find out the street date is May 28th? Like literally the figure wouldn't scan, and it said it wasen't out yet, so they said to come back tomorrow...

:(

My advice to you guys as someone who bought way too many is to OPEN your movie masters. Leaving them carded makes them succeptible to this rot.

I've never understood keeping things wrapped. Why buy it if you can't "display" them?

Just like records. I just dropped $300 for a special lp but will play it because it's useless just hanging on a wall like some fans did.

Oh I will. I'm not the kind of collector that keeps the things inside their original box.

The only figs I have unopened are DCD's The Dark Knight Returns. I'm still looking for the *rare* Batman fig before I can display them... :whatever:

Thats odd, most of my figures are still fine. The plastic "sweat" usually means the pieces werent cast up correctly

That "sweat" is only an issue if you want to keep the figures in the box. I comes off with a slight rub.

I've never understood keeping things wrapped. Why buy it if you can't "display" them?

Just like records. I just dropped $300 for a special lp but will play it because it's useless just hanging on a wall like some fans did.

It's just preference. I keep mine unopened because I like the way they look displayed in the packaging. My intentions are to sell them at any point. I also don't have shelves and would rather not make or pay for any so it's easier to hang them on the wall. Nothing wrong with either option I say, it's just what a each person likes to do with their collectibles.

If they're the original ones, they'll be fine, If they're the reposed ones with air holes they'll suffer from decay

I thought I would share my interesting discovery at the MCM Expo today

401632_10150859168550963_1230271907_n.jpg

If they're the original ones, they'll be fine, If they're the reposed ones with air holes they'll suffer from decay
Wait, I'm confused now. You just said that we need to open our MM so they don't rot, but the newer packages have holes in them....so what's the difference here? They're both exposed to the air.

Last edited:
I thought I would share my interesting discovery at the MCM Expo today

401632_10150859168550963_1230271907_n.jpg

I'm sure it's pretty cool when you play with it, but that looks really cheap to me. Like those fake action figures you find in foreign countries. I think it might be because of the arms, but it just looks really cheap

I may have to go through Amazon for my movie master figures. I won't be able to get them until Tuesday :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"