Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion - Part 1

Say whaaaaaaat

When did that happen? If it happened in the show I'm going to go buy a new brain, because I do not remember that!

[blackout]She did? I never watched the final season :O[/blackout]

[BLACKOUT]Dark Disciple, it was going to be an arc but the show got cancelled before they got to it and it was adapted into a novel. I meant the in-universe war, not the series. My bad for not clarifying.[/BLACKOUT]

Thanks. [blackout]My local library actually has that novel and it is next on my reading list anyway[/blackout]

[BLACKOUT]Dark Disciple, it was going to be an arc but the show got cancelled before they got to it and it was adapted into a novel. I meant the in-universe war, not the series. My bad for not clarifying.[/BLACKOUT]

Being that it happened in a novel, does it still count? My understanding when Disney took over was everything was scrapped from continuity baring the six films and the Clone Wars TV show. It's a shame they never got to do the arc in the show, but it's also a shame to shuffle the character off in a book most people won't ever read (nothing against the book, but it's audience is surely a lot smaller than the show's).

I tried to read a Star Wars novel once and it didn't take, I think I really need visuals when it comes to lightsabers and zooming around the galaxy.

Being that it happened in a novel, does it still count? My understanding when Disney took over was everything was scrapped from continuity baring the six films and the Clone Wars TV show. It's a shame they never got to do the arc in the show, but it's also a shame to shuffle the character off in a book most people won't ever read (nothing against the book, but it's audience is surely a lot smaller than the show's).

I tried to read a Star Wars novel once and it didn't take, I think I really need visuals when it comes to lightsabers and zooming around the galaxy.

[BLACKOUT]It's a novel that released after September 2014, so yes. Clone Wars, the films (including the Clone Wars one) and Son of Dathomir are the only stuff from prior that's canon, everything since then is canon unless otherwise specified, including Dark Disciple.

I tend to agree on that, I prefer to have this universe in a visual medium like film or TV or comics, but after hearing about that happening in it I ordered it from Amazon after Christmas and thought it was phenomenal. Real shame it never became an arc on the series.[/BLACKOUT]

[blackout]That's why they need to do standalone dtv's for these things, I'm sure they'd sell[/blackout]

They never recoup the cost. Clone Wars episodes were crazy expensive.

[BLACKOUT]It's a novel that released after September 2014, so yes. Clone Wars, the films (including the Clone Wars one) and Son of Dathomir are the only stuff from prior that's canon, everything since then is canon unless otherwise specified, including Dark Disciple.

I tend to agree on that, I prefer to have this universe in a visual medium like film or TV or comics, but after hearing about that happening in it I ordered it from Amazon after Christmas and thought it was phenomenal. Real shame it never became an arc on the series.[/BLACKOUT]

Thanks for the info Snow Queen!

I thought the finale was great.

I'm still a bit surprise at how sad Kanan losing his sight made me. Especially thinking to the episode before where he told Hera "We'll see each other again."

Maul being back is a great choice, and I already can't wait for him to be defeated. It'll make for good TV.

I'm in the camp that thinks Ahsoka is dead. It looked like she was falling to her knees in the temple. I figured that was just the Disney way of showing a good character being killed off.

I'm all for dark side Ezra, he's probably my least favorite character in the Ghost crew and that makes him a tad more interesting.

I think it's interesting that people were debating whether or not Ahsoka's fate was ambiguous. Doesn't that argument, by it's very nature, make the ending ambiguous?

Personally I didn't even consider the possibility she had been killed until I came into this thread and saw discussion about it. In the show, odd though it was, it looked like she was wandering into the temple. I think it would have been more effective to cut that bit, and just have Vader emerging from the crumbling tomb -it still leaves it open, but also strongly suggests Ahsoka didn't win that fight.

I think most likely she's alive, but it could be that the figure walking further into the temple is a force ghost of some kind. They left it ambiguous to have their cake and eat it too. If they want to bring her back they can, but it could be more likely that they'll never use her again.

I said his story has out grown Kenobi,...

I know you said this - my post was in response to you saying this.

...and it is true.

No it isn't. It is your opinion or interpretation. Just like my opinions are not necessarily the "truth". ;)

His goal is the Sith. Same for Obi-Wan whose goals are Luke and Vader.

Maul tells Ezra that the Sith are his enemies, but this does not mean that they are his only enemies. When revealing the true nature of the temple he says "ALL my enemies" - the implication being that he has his sights set on more than just the Sith.

Saw it again for the third time tonight (daughter decided she wanted to watch it).

That end... man the feeeeelz with that music and the visuals. I got the chills come over me again literally (happened the first two times as well).

Mary Poppins :woot:

You know what really got me about that, in a hilarious way, was the little helicopter noise they made when flying around. I'm sure there will be some lengthy fan explanation on Wookiepedia about how The Inquisitors' used The Force to move their lightsabers or whatever but the whole thing was darn silly.

Couldn't they have just given them jet packs? :awesome:

I think the Mandos musy have a copyright on them. :D

Saw it again for the third time tonight (daughter decided she wanted to watch it).

That end... man the feeeeelz with that music and the visuals. I got the chills come over me again literally (happened the first two times as well).

Yes, that piece of music is just fantastic and that whole final few minutes elevated Rebels to a whole new level. Season 3 has a lot of work to best this.:yay:

I finally finished season two and holy ****ing **** what an INCREDIBLE season finale! Probably one of the best season finale's I've ever seen. This is how you do it. I was surprised how much the status quo was changed. This made me very pumped for season 3.

And Maul's appearance was much better than I thought he'd be. It was fascinating and the best I've seen him. His utilization was brilliant to the point where I started to actually trust him and think he may have been reformed. Despite all of that, I'm intrigued where he goes next because he seems to have bigger plans. I love how this character has endured and is an ideal example of taking something from the prequels and making it better instead of flat out ignoring it or being mean spirited.

Kanan being blinded and his fight with Maul was terrific as I'm glad to have seen a blind lightsaber fight and surprised how much he kicked Maul's ash in such a short time.

And of course the dual between Ashoka and Vader was very emotional. But I don't see how she's dead. She's clearly alive walking away at the end there. That's pretty clear. But it ends where her whole story feels completed if need be or she could very well come back where Filoni has a definite end for her. But for now, this plays in a very satisfying way. Vader limping away battle damaged was striking. And possibly Ashoka helped awaken the good in him that's referenced in the OT yet becomes closed off for the OT to have its story without interference. I like the idea of that sense of good coming from somewhere.

Last edited:
Rex's Season 3 look:
13119052_10154080565900053_2749022268833555964_n.jpg

Finished Season 1 last night and got two episodes into Season 2. Season 1 was pretty good, but so far Season 2 is absolutely amazeballs. I'm so glad I got into this show. Clone Wars didn't do much for me, but man Rebels is really scratching my Star Wars itch. Hera is probably my favorite character, hands down. Also really cool seeing Lando and other SW characters pop up.

Oh Matt, just wait until you get to the end of season 2 :eek:

It's really good, but wow that's a lot of episodes.

Just finished Season 2. That last episode was a doozy. I don't care what anybody says I think Ahsoka is the most compelling character in the Star Wars Universe. Shame she's not in the movies.

Sounds like news is finally coming for Season 3 at Celebration. Not really a surprise, but I hope they release a trailer for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"