Rogue One Rogue One: Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Chris_Hardwick.jpg

I'm pumped about Vader, but I hope I can avoid the spoilers until my screening on the 17th! I think I'm going to give in though, even though I don't want to. I can't control myself from the dark side...

Sounds like the new era Star Wars is 2 for 2. I hope they can keep this up.

Loving the positive reactions. Only three more days of waiting!!

Wow, a lot of people I reasonably trust are in on the hype train. I'm ready for this!

I remember when the post-premiere reactions for TFA came out. And they were 95% positive....but many felt a bit more reserved in their praise and weren't as over the moon as you were hoping for. Particularly for the AMC guys who were religiously hyped for that movie. That ultimately mirrored my own reaction to TFA. I'm glad to see them coming out of Rogue One so enthusiastic.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm so glad it got this response. I really wanted it to be great, because visually it looked stunning and the cast is likable.

Wow, these reactions are awesome. All this dark, gritty, relentless, full of surprises with a lot of heart comments are so exciting for me. Just the right words I wanna hear. I'm pumped right now as Rogue One will be my first Star Wars movie in theaters. I want in on the SW bandwagon and hope I'm blown away by R1. :D :D

You became a fan after The Force Awakens? Welcome to the club.

*performs a wedgie on Blitzkrieg Boy*

I love it when it's dark, gritty, relentless with a lot of heart.

It's relentless in the amount of heart it has.

I became a fan after The Phantom Menace. :waa:

It's working, it's working!

Wow, I'm so glad it got this response. I really wanted it to be great, because visually it looked stunning and the cast is likable.
Reviews aren't out yet. Let's not get crazy just yet.

Great. I was already so hyped for this movie. The LAST thing I needed was all these hype tweets to make this week draaaaaag.

Looks like my soundtrack, art book, novelization and encyclopedia book of Rogue One is shipping early for me. I thought the novelization was not coming out until the 20th. But I may be getting that early.

Wish I could have the soundtrack right now to make time go by.

I wonder how Jones will do Vader's voice. I can accept that he's much older now, but I feel like he's missing some of the trans-atlantic/British accent he had in A New Hope and to a lesser extent Empire. By Return of the Jedi, he sounded more American.

But I'm looking forward to that moment when he pops up, with his entrance. It'll be magical.

I wonder how Jones will do Vader's voice. I can accept that he's much older now, but I feel like he's missing some of the trans-atlantic/British accent he had in A New Hope and to a lesser extent Empire. By Return of the Jedi, he sounded more American.

The ultimate example of this is his voice in Rebels. I thought he sounded off, and you just explained why. Besides the different effects on his voice, he made no effort to do that Transatlantic accent or any other unique quality in his speech.

I think Empire had the perfect balance. "You ahh in commahnd now, Admiral Piett"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"