Rogue One Rogue One: Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

I wonder how Jones will do Vader's voice. I can accept that he's much older now, but I feel like he's missing some of the trans-atlantic/British accent he had in A New Hope and to a lesser extent Empire. By Return of the Jedi, he sounded more American.

The ultimate example of this is his voice in Rebels. I thought he sounded off, and you just explained why. Besides the different effects on his voice, he made no effort to do that Transatlantic accent or any other unique quality in his speech.

I think Empire had the perfect balance. "You ahh in commahnd now, Admiral Piett"

I just have a sneaking suspicion they worked harder to make sure his voice matched at least ANH's voice. It is a little off in Rebels. I have a feeling for the film they worked harder to make sure it matched more so.

I just have a sneaking suspicion they worked harder to make sure his voice matched at least ANH's voice. It is a little off in Rebels. I have a feeling for the film they worked harder to make sure it matched more so.

James Earl Jones is over 80, so I can't imagine his voice is as vibrant as it once was. They probably edited it heavily in post-production.

James Earl Jones is over 80, so I can't imagine his voice is as vibrant as it once was. They probably edited it heavily in post-production.

That's what I'm thinking, is they may have done more post work to make it match. If it matches that is. But again this being a big film I can see them working hard to do it because some might say "Who voiced Vader this time?"

That's what I'm thinking, is they may have done more post work to make it match. If it matches that is. But again this being a big film I can see them working hard to do it because some might say "Who voiced Vader this time?"

There was likely heavy post-production in the sound department, as there often is in these kinds of films. Jones was probably asked to rerecord his voice several times, which I'm sure to him was a very draining and daunting task.

His voice is heavily edited anyway, at least in Empire and Return of the Jedi. They add a lot of bass to his voice and put some other filters over it. I think he's still able to pull it off, but he needs some good direction.

We'll see. If his voice is "off" it won't ruin the film for me but it's definitely a nitpick of mine. lol

Has it been confirmed that Vader has some good action bits in the movie?

Their cryptic tweets make me think yes we probably will see Vader in action.

One thing that was talked about alot when the first trailer hit but talk kind of died down over time was with the Death Troopers. I seem to feel like there was less of them shown as time went on, so I do wonder if some of the surprises revolve around them.

A slightly non spoilerish review from someone who saw it

He posts a more detailed *non spoiler* review,goes on to say that this is the most menacing Vader we have seen, and is straight out of a horror film

14522689_10154810957541617_1267005515260302043_n.jpg

via boxofficetheroy.com

So excited for this, seems to have hit it out of the park.

Haha what's funny about that is Gary was one of the most vitriolic PT bashers out there. Seems that him and the Lucas family made peace.

I remember Pablo saying pay close attention to the scene in ANH where Vader and Tarkin are talking to all of the officers at the round table.

I bet we hear Hera's voice like some were guessing earlier.

Either her or Kanan. I'm betting the ships are checking in prior to jumping to light speed and either Hera or Kanan say, "Ghost is good to go."

Either her or Kanan. I'm betting the ships are checking in prior to jumping to light speed and either Hera or Kanan say, "Ghost is good to go."

That's what I'm thinking. :up:

I remember Pablo saying pay close attention to the scene in ANH where Vader and Tarkin are talking to all of the officers at the round table.

There's an empty chair in that scene...

Hera is the pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"