Age of Ultron Ruffahulk Ruffasmash - Part 1

Well, maybe it's not so much a heart rate thing and more an "Always Angry" thing. He's sitting in a state of semi-permeant rage that he can choose to release at any time, then maybe him having sex would be a momentary lapse of control that could end badly for both partners, and so he avoids sex all together not to risk it.

Good point, but you would think that all the built-up sexual frustration would just make things worse for Banner! :yay: On a positive, at least this spares us from a possible love scene between Banner and Widow :whatever:

I think Hulk needed more Groot-like moments in this film, in that Groot was seen as more innocent and with a good heart, even though he was powerful. Hulk was just a raging monster in AOU and didn't do anything particularly heroic that would make the audience want to root for him. He needed to show a more childlike innocence to people or even his fellow Avengers, and should've rescued civilians of Sokovia.

Would've been nice if he maybe interacted with a small child and she wasn't afraid of him, and Hulk merely looked at her in wonder. Then if Ultron drones attacked, he could've protected her. Moments like these would've given him more heart, which I feel he had more of in the first Avengers movie.

Quick Question about the Hulk...

In terms of the M.C.U., is Banner physically unable to have children? Or does he simply not want to have children due to his Hulk Persona?

He DID get blasted by a whole lot of radiation.

Wolverine has got beat down several times in the X-men films while being the main focus of many of them(although Magneto,Raven,Xavier are closing the gap). Iron Man has always come out looking good in every battle he has been in so far.

Its like they are afraid to show Tony lose or something. I don't expect this trend to end in the MCU.

It certainly feels that way based on the movies, and I dont expect it to end either. And good point on Wolverine, he is the focal point but we have seen lose plenty of fights and get his ass mightily kicked.

Quick Question about the Hulk...

In terms of the M.C.U., is Banner physically unable to have children? Or does he simply not want to have children due to his Hulk Persona?

I assumed that he's simply afraid to even try. One, he's afraid of killing his potential partner during "the act." We see this when he and Betty nearly do the nasty in TIH. And two, he's probably afraid of how the gamma radiation would effect any potential children that he might have.

Good point, but you would think that all the built-up sexual frustration would just make things worse for Banner! :yay: On a positive, at least this spares us from a possible love scene between Banner and Widow :whatever:

I think the reality is, whether fans wanna admit it or not, the GA wants to see the Hulk smash things up. Don't get me wrong, its clear people like Rufflao's sort of every man laid back Banner. Aside from that though , I think the GA has made it clear they don't wanna see a film with hulk brooding about his love life or feeling sorry for himself for 2 hours .

They wanna see Hulk kicking butt and taking names. They like Hulk having great lines and being the boss he is. I think alot of the romantic stuff that fans are willing to sit through is not what the GA comes to see Hulk do.

I like how in Tony's vision Hulk was still moving.

Yeah, resilient to the bitter end. The one time we see him actually hurt by anything, he still has more vitality than Thor (who to my recollection is just lying there motionless).

While Hulk is lacking in heroic moments (would have liked to see him prevent a family from being rushed by a falling building or whatever), he continues to get pretty good feats. I think those jumps were his highest yet, he tanked Hydra lasers and a mega repulsor beam, was the first to recover from the falling building, and tossed a car with one hand.

Oh, and shockwave punch. If they're willing to do that, I want to see a thunderclap next time we see him.

I think the reality is, whether fans wanna admit it or not, the GA wants to see the Hulk smash things up. Don't get me wrong, its clear people like Rufflao's sort of every man laid back Banner. Aside from that though , I think the GA has made it clear they don't wanna see a film with hulk brooding about his love life or feeling sorry for himself for 2 hours .

They wanna see Hulk kicking butt and taking names. They like Hulk having great lines and being the boss he is. I think alot of the romantic stuff that fans are willing to sit through is not what the GA comes to see Hulk do.

I think the problem is that Banner/Hulks character development wasn't great in AoU. Whedon chose the wrong approach to developing the character by having it revolve entirely around the romance. I wanted to see more of the Banner we saw in Avengers and the only time I really felt any genuine character development was when he said he could throttle SW without changing a shade (here is Bruce's chronic anger).

Yeah, resilient to the bitter end. The one time we see him actually hurt by anything, he still has more vitality than Thor (who to my recollection is just lying there motionless).

I think Thor was dead? It was actually quite a sad scene to see Hulk hurt like that. But when I saw it I was also surprised to see Hawkeye still alive but[BLACKOUT] I guess this was part of Whedons red herring to fool us into thinking he would die?[/BLACKOUT]

concept art:
tumblr_no4gnw7PVb1qzfdtdo1_500.jpg

Doctor Chesthair does have a certain "charm" to him ;)

The ending was much better than what we got in the movie.

Agreed.. Although I'm still not thrilled about it.. It's more acceptable than what actually appeared on screen. I have not went back to see Age of Ultron like I did previous Marvel Movies.. It's just a let down to me.

Agreed.. Although I'm still not thrilled about it.. It's more acceptable than what actually appeared on screen. I have not went back to see Age of Ultron like I did previous Marvel Movies.. It's just a let down to me.

Yeah I have not myself, I am going to try to but don't think I will have the chance.

Wow this an alternate version of The Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight

A lot better than what we got in the movie, the action really flowed well. You get to see the Hulk doing more damage on his own before Tony arrived and the final shot of them flying away shows their friendship and all the damage they caused. As others have noted before there were better options than the KO punch to end this scene.

I have seen AoU twice (not going to see it again) and a second viewing just helps to follow the quick pacing of the movie. Things I didn't like were no better second time around. :csad:

I like that alternate fight, cant say its entirely better. But I think the ending is better in a sense.

Finally saw it and yes, the Brutasha thing doesn't work. Having Betty there to do the love bits would've sufficed (Universal distribution rights be damned)

Agreed with this. I think there will be a portion of the GA who thought Hulk was the best thing about the first film who were a little disappointed with what he had here.

I like that when there's nothing left to smash he just can't seem to stop it, like he's almost addicted. The lack of talking was a prob though. When Widow tried to calm him he should a been like, "so what...go away." Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"