Senator Sues God

Swearing on the bible may not sway every agnostic fence-sitter from lying but it sways enough of them to justify keeping the tradition of swearing on the holy bible.

Alot of non-church goers would lose sleep if they lied with their hand on the bible.
Nice for them, if they would try to make me swear to the bible I would flat out refuse to swear. I do not swear on a book I consider morally bankrupt. Tradition or no tradition!

I think they should put "In Satan We Trust" on money.

Reverse-psychology FTW!

If there is no God, there is no Satan.

But you said that "God DOESN'T exist!". :huh:
Yeah, my "God" is way beyond having a name, so when the Christians arrogantly say that "God" does exist, whether I agree or not, as moviefan often does, when I say, "No, God does not exist." I'm talking about their "God"....and I don't even mean that.
None of us know for sure. The God of the Bible may be real and the Bible may be true.
I'm trying to show them that just because a human says something is true, it doesn't mean that it actually is.
For every time they say their God is real, someone else can say he isn't.
Neither can truthfully say for sure, but they live in a delusion where they are the only ones who can, which bugs extremely.

Nice for them, if they would try to make me swear to the bible I would flat out refuse to swear. I do not swear on a book I consider morally bankrupt. Tradition or no tradition!

Well the jurors may take that into consideration when determining the integrity of your testimony.

I'm sure if you were facing murder charges you would make an exception. :yay:

Yeah, my "God" is way beyond having a name, so when the Christians arrogantly say that "God" does exist, whether I agree or not, as moviefan often does, when I say, "No, God does not exist." I'm talking about their "God"....and I don't even mean that.
None of us know for sure. The God of the Bible may be real and the Bible may be true.
I'm trying to show them that just because a human says something is true, it doesn't mean that it actually is.
For every time they say their God is real, someone else can say he isn't.
Neither can truthfully say for sure, but they live in a delusion where they are the only ones who can, which bugs extremely.
I understand you better now. Thank you.

Well, since I don't believe Christ to be my 'savior', I'll be heading to Hell no matter how much good I do in this world. Some God, eh? Arrogant I say. God is supposed to be the embodiment of love and kindness and caring and yet, if you don't worship him (the Christian God), all that doesn't matter. You can be a murderer, a rapist but if before you die, you accept Christ, there's your ticket to heaven. Some justice.

Btw, I'm neither bitter nor angry. Just somewhat sad at the thought of that. But other than that, I am very content with my life and my choices.

Well the jurors may take that into consideration when determining the integrity of your testimony.

I'm sure if you were facing murder charges you would make an exception. :yay:
No, no exception, no compromise. I consider the bible's teachings evil and I don't swear to something evil no matter what the consequences are, my moral conviction prohibits it.

If there is no God, there is no Satan.

True. Then Satan would automatically replace Gods standing.

I actually believe if there IS a God there is no Satan.

Why would God allow Satan to exist when he can erase him with a micro-thought? :dry:

Maybe Satan has equal power OR maybe this is all getting to literal.

I understand you better now. Thank you.

Well, since I don't believe Christ to be my 'savior', I'll be heading to Hell no matter how much I good I do in this world. Some God, eh?
Don't worry, you will be in the best company. All the great greek philosphers will be there, Ghandi will be there, Lao Tsu will be there, Sidartar Gauthama will be there, Einstein and so on and so on.

Some God, eh? Arrogant I say. God is supposed to be the embodiment of love and kindness and caring and yet, if you don't worship him (the Christian God), all that doesn't matter. You can be a murderer, a rapist but if before you die, you accept Christ, there's your ticket to heaven. Some justice.
rIght.

According to them, Ghandi is in Hell, but Ted Bundy, who spent his life beating and raping innocent women, is in Heaven, because he "accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior" right before they executed him.

Christian Concept of Perfect, Holy Justice.

:down

And you'll be there, with Ghandi, tortured FOREVER.
You're worse than Ted Bundy, in their eyes.
Another reason people get sick of this belief system

True. Then Satan would automatically replace Gods standing.

I actually believe if there IS a God there is no Satan.

Why would God allow Satan to exist when he can erase him with a micro-thought? :dry:
But doesn't Satan exist in the Bible?

rIght.

According to them, Ghandi is in Hell, but Ted Bundy, who spent his life beating and raping innocent women, is in Heaven, because he "accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior" right before they executed him.

Christian Concept of Perfect, Holy Justice.

:down

And you'll be there, with Ghandi, tortured FOREVER.
You're worse than Ted Bundy, in their eyes.
Another reason people get sick of this belief system
Exactly, that's why I prefer to go to Hell over Heaven, if I would believe both existed. :woot:

Well actually fence sitters and philosophers go to Limbo.

Lustful people like me go to the highest circle of Hell and it gets worse from there according to Paradise Lost.

Well actually fence sitters and philosophers go to Limbo.

Lustful people like me go to the highest circle of Hell and it gets worse from there according to Paradise Lost.
Who believes that idiot Dante anyway?:whatever:

^Not you. However, I can understand the frustration. I'm no aethist but I do find that both aethists and Christians alike can be very annoying. But I guess when people are passionate about what they believe in to the point of "I'm right! You're wrong!" back and forth, back and forth... it can be annoying to others, especially those who stand in the middle. Anyway... no Bible in the courtroom!

cool. i have no problem with people following their own beliefs. i do, however, have a problem with people using their faith to discount other's beliefs or force their views on others without asking first. i consider myself an atheist because the idea of a god just doesn't jibe with my sense of logic. i don't force that belief on anyone and run out into the streets screaming "there is no god!" i don't judge people as inferior or stupid because they believe in a god. if i did i'd completely alienate the majority of my family and in-laws. but yeah, i get a little touchy when people bad mouth atheists in general, because we're not all obnoxious antagonists who smugly disregard other people's beliefs. and i also get annoyed when people arrogantly claim that their religion is the one true religion and everyone else is going to hell unless they convert.

ah, gotcha

:up:

Because without God, who loved us first, there is no love. Without Christ, "atheists" are left purely to their fallen, prideful, selfish, greedy natures. They have no firm-standing moral code, and thus they say what they want, and treat people how they want, with no boundaries of (or benefits from) the ultimate love and respect.

where'd that come from? just because someone doesn't subscribe to a religion doesn't mean they're just chaotic, hedonistic criminals who've thrown their moral compass out the window. i've got a pretty good moral code, all without the help of religion. it's called respect for the rule of law, common sense and decency. i think you need to get out more.

Aye. At the same time, I don't think that all religions are 100% bad.

not at all. there are healthy religions. hell, a lot of the religions i despise wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for people taking them too far and misinterpreting their teachings. but, in my opinion, religion is the root of many of the world's problems. i think there are too many people who frankly aren't smart enough to handle religion and everything that goes along with it.

If you're not an aethist than I'm not talking about you. You DO believe in God? But you said that "God DOESN'T exist!". :huh: I guess your concept of God is the same as mine. Probably. I don't believe in the Bible either but I'm no aethist. I have my own faith... it's called Bella-ism. I see God in everything that is good. "Good" by my own definition. I just hate it when those of faith claim their religion to be the path to Heaven and that everyone who disagrees will surely go to Hell. How do they know? Because the Bible (or whatever holy book), which is written by men, tells them so?

i completely agree. :up:

well he's a better writer than most thats for sure. :o

He probably would've crushed you on the SATs as well. :oldrazz:
Hmm, I prefer other writers. Writers who have a better sence of pacing.

Considering that over half the sciences weren't even developed back then, I highly doubt it.

Oh and where I'm from we don't have SAT, we don't do multiple choice.

Lackey.......

why :(

That is obvious and irrelevant.

What I'm talking about is, If you ask why a loving God would allow a little kid to be raped, Christians say, "Because, God gave us Free Will, so some some choose to do Evil. A Necessary Evil."

But that is not an explanation for all the suffering God allows, only the stuff where Free Will DOES play a part.
There is plenty of suffering that is just by chance, occurring in nature, that has NOTHING to do with human choices. :huh:

Free Will has nothing to do with it and therefore doesn't explain a a loving God allowing it, actually presiding over it.

everything in the universe has to do with choices, according to the Bible. Mee already stated this :o

:high five!:

If you're not an aethist than I'm not talking about you. You DO believe in God? But you said that "God DOESN'T exist!". :huh: I guess your concept of God is the same as mine. Probably. I don't believe in the Bible either but I'm no aethist. I have my own faith... it's called Bella-ism. I see God in everything that is good. "Good" by my own definition. I just hate it when those of faith claim their religion to be the path to Heaven and that everyone who disagrees will surely go to Hell. How do they know? Because the Bible (or whatever holy book), which is written by men, tells them so?

I'm a Christian myself, and I share your thoughts. That last line, about The Bible being written by man, is very true. I've always toiled with the idea that man's own prejudices are in The Bible or that some things were misinterpreted.

There's some things in it that are a bit bothersome. Like, I can't imagine God condemning gays but okaying slavery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"