The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see her acting exactly how MJ was portrayed in Spectacular. I strongly believe Woodley can pull off that aloof, flirty personality.
just her wardrobe tells me that they're going for that SSM vibe and i love it! :woot:

I haven't given my opinions on her yet because I haven't seen her in a movie but honestly I'm not worried. If she's a good actress then she'll do a good job.

Give the girl a break too as she doesn't even seem as if she has gone through wardrobe and make up yet.

All I did was watch a simple clip from some scene in her tv show, and i could tell that Marc was looking for a spetacular spiderman MJ

Pretty crazy that everyone is judging two 2 pics of her walking around set. Meanwhile she's not had make up done, costume, all the wardrobe and what not done for a scene. She's not in character and people jump the gun to "she's not Mary Jane enough".

First pics of Shailene on set today!

sp3.jpg

sp2.jpg

dat face.

I feel like Webb is trying to trick us. So that when we actually see her looking hot as hell on screen waves of relief wash over us all.

she has a great personality... *shudders*

The day MJ doesn't need makeup cake face to look hot is the day Spider-Man casting was successful.

buzz%20makeup.jpeg

the comments over at cbm are so harsh, but i couldn't help but laugh at this.

Reading all the hate, I can't help but feel positive about her casting.

People b*tch. It won't stop until the movie comes out. She should be great; I'm curious as to how she'll be in the movie. I really want to see her as that Girl Next Door we geeks know of and know we'll never have.

It'd also be cool if we see her first starting off with Harry; Raimi really skimmed down all the issues with Harry that I wanted to see. MJ stopped going out with him because his drug addiction got too crazy, for Pete's sake.

i am sure she will do fine but imo they really dropped the ball by not casting MEW she is a very solid actress who looks like MJ sometimes fan casting really is perfect and she actually looks Andrew's age
mary_elizabeth_winstead_the-thing.jpg

Mary%20Elizabeth%20Winstead%20(9).jpg

Last edited:
i am sure she will do fine but imo they really dropped the ball by not casting MEW she is a very solid actress who looks like MJ sometimes fan casting really is perfect and she actually looks Andrew's age
mary_elizabeth_winstead_the-thing.jpg

Mary%20Elizabeth%20Winstead%20(9).jpg

holy hot.

and in contrast, she actually starred in a Hollywood movie without makeup and looked great.

Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-Thing.jpg

maybe its just the flamethrower

Yeah, I'm not sure what they're going with here. Is she meant to be a lovable indie chick or someone fangirls fall in love with?

She doesn't seem very MJish which is a shame because a reboot could really do wonders for her (although I loved her in the original trilogy)

Dear me. Looks like the make up girl is on holiday this week.
I know fans make a big deal about MJ being hot as heck but I'd settle for attractive and Shailene does not look attractive in those photo, make up or not make up.

MEW was my choice as well. But at the same time I also think she looks a little too mature for the part. Her and Andrew may not have been the best fit.

MEW was my choice as well. But at the same time I also think she looks a little too mature for the part. Her and Andrew may not have been the best fit.

Andrew LOOKS young though. At the Stacy dinner table Andrew could pass for a 16 year old.

'Face it tiger, you hit the consulation prize'

What a disappointment, another film series with an under-par looking MJ.
How hard is it to cast a good looking girl and give her red hair.

Gonna guess this MJ won't be a model and her saying "Tiger" won't have much affect when she looks like a child.

Well I hope that Woodley's acting skills and the characterization of MJ are very good because it's going to take quite a lot to prove to the audience at least that her version of MJ is not only good enough to be with Andrew's Peter for the series, but is also not the proverbial rebound/consolation prize after Emma's Gwen Dies.

At the moment, and I'm not really judging this on her appearance, but I really don't see Woodley being able to gather as many fans in liking her character like how Emma was able to for her take on Gwen.

Personally, I think Shailene is attractive, but I do have to admit that I find Emma to be more attractive just from first impression, and I'm not using the pictures above to make my point. Even way before it, I always thought that Emma was more attractive.

So yeah, I really hope that thye make this MJ very likable and not the overbearing LI that Kirstin's MJ was.

I dont acuatally mind her I think she was good in the desendents and she can act pretty good. I think she will add something not seen in a onscreen mj. Also the hair looks good and not distracting like in spiderman 1 where it was too red and spiderman 2 where it wasn't red at all. It looks realistic enough this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"