Age of Ultron Spiderman in the Avengers "world"?

countdown to thread merger or closing.. 10, 9...

anyway.. it'll "happen" whenever some executives are brave enough to broach the subject. Some fans need to be executives.

Sony should just focusing on making the first good spiderman movie at some point. MCU doesn't need him

I don't think Spider-Man has to appear in an Avengers film but I do think his existence within the MCU needs to be established. The MCU feels really empty to me without Spidey being there. It would be like having a DC universe without a Batman or a Superman.

Spidey being in the MCU doesn't have to mean he will join the Avengers. He can still operate solo in the universe with only small cameos and easter eggs there to establish they're in the same universe (i.e. a Daily Bugle article on the table in an Avengers film). Even if he does appear in an Avengers film, it doesn't even mean he has to join the team. He could still have his solo films over at Sony where he is focused on his side of the Marvel universe but still help out the Avengers once in a while. Both Sony and Marvel would make a bit of extra cash from that.

If he will ever appear in a Marvel Studios film, my gut feeling is telling me it will be in Avengers 3. The reason I say that is because that's when Thanos will most likely be done. It took the entire Marvel universe to beat Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. Assuming that Thanos will have the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3, I can't picture just a couple of Avengers being able to beat him. I think the team will need all the help they can get. That's why I think Avengers 3 will be more of a Marvel Superheroes film than an Avengers film, and Marvel will probably try to get as many characters that they can get their hands on to battle Thanos. Assuming that Sony and Marvel still have the same good relationship they have now, I think that is when Spider-Man has the most chances of appearing in any MCU film.

This :up:

There could always be a "blink or you'll miss them" references to the MCU in the Spider-Man movies. You could easily have the following:

- A Halloween scene where Peter is at the door and he sees some kids dressed in costume. And some of the kids are dressed as Avengers.
- A scene in college where we see a college student reading on a bench outside and he's reading a book about the Howling Commandos.
- View of New York with Stark Tower in it.
- Kids in the park playing with some action figures. Among those action figures include Avengers action figures.

it doesn't have to be direct. It can be for a few seconds.

And if he was in the MCU, I'd prefer he be with the street level heroes rather than the Avengers, but that's just me.

Just because you want to it to happen doesn't mean it will...this whole "Spider-man HAS to be in the MCU" BS doesn't change the licensing issues between Sony and Marvel

Why do people want him in the MCU. how will it BENEFIT SPIDER-MAN?

All the talk is for the benefit of The Avengers but none of it is about whats best for his character.

Same with X-Men, people just want Wolverine so he can be an Avenger and don't give two ****s about The X-Men.

I hope they never join the MCU, not only because they are good where they are but imo the MCU movies are becoming too samey and comedic for my taste.

Not trying to be mean, but it seems to me you bash the MCU whenever you can. I'm just curious to know why you continue to watch MCU when you bash it so much?

Just because you want to it to happen doesn't mean it will...this whole "Spider-man HAS to be in the MCU" BS doesn't change the licensing issues between Sony and Marvel

By all accounts, Sony and Disney/Marvel have a terrific relationship when it comes to Spidey. Though Disney would obviously prefer to have full ownership over the character, the two studios were able to close deals regarding animation and tie-in merchandise that gives Disney/Marvel, in effect, a controlling interest. Marvel is releasing an "Art Of" hardcover for Amazing Spider-Man - the first for a non MCU film - and will have stores stocked with film related merchandise in the summer of 2014, sharing space with Cap and the Guardians.

People are speculating on when, not if, Spidey joins the MCU because it makes too much sense economically to join forces. I'm thinking it will be after 2018, post ASM3 and Avengers 3, and the character to join the MCU will be Miles Morales. But I would be very shocked if Sony and Disney/Marvel didn't reach an agreement within the next five years.

Not trying to be mean, but it seems to me you bash the MCU whenever you can. I'm just curious to know why you continue to watch MCU when you bash it so much?

In the same way that I'm going to watch DC Films even if I thought their last two movies were disappointments.

In the same way that I'm going to watch DC Films even if I thought their last two movies were disappointments.

I liked The Dark Knight Rises. Of course, I am the only person on this planet to have yet to see the Dark Knight so its hard for me to compare the three movies yet.

I liked The Dark Knight Rises. Of course, I am the only person on this planet to have yet to see the Dark Knight so its hard for me to compare the three movies yet.

Wow! Well now you know what to watch on Netflix this weekend!

The Dark Knight is IMO the best CBM. Though if it was not for Heath Ledger's performance then I would have given it to Iron Man perhaps.

Wow! Well now you know what to watch on Netflix this weekend!

The Dark Knight is IMO the best CBM. Though if it was not for Heath Ledger's performance then I would have given it to Iron Man perhaps.

My brother has the DVD in his room, I think. I'll go watch it when I have time.

By all accounts, Sony and Disney/Marvel have a terrific relationship when it comes to Spidey. Though Disney would obviously prefer to have full ownership over the character, the two studios were able to close deals regarding animation and tie-in merchandise that gives Disney/Marvel, in effect, a controlling interest. Marvel is releasing an "Art Of" hardcover for Amazing Spider-Man - the first for a non MCU film - and will have stores stocked with film related merchandise in the summer of 2014, sharing space with Cap and the Guardians.

People are speculating on when, not if, Spidey joins the MCU because it makes too much sense economically to join forces. I'm thinking it will be after 2018, post ASM3 and Avengers 3, and the character to join the MCU will be Miles Morales. But I would be very shocked if Sony and Disney/Marvel didn't reach an agreement within the next five years.

That line right there, beginning to end, is BS. You can speculate as if it's a given all you want but that doesn't make it so. Also it makes ZERO Sense economically on Sony's side. They stand to make much more doing Spidey solo films

People who watch Spider-man and the Avengers are not two different audiences. If ASM3 would make 700 mil and A3 would make 1300 mil than doesn't mean a spidey avenger film would be 2000 mil...more like...1500 mil. And even then, when you factor in costs etc Sony wouldn't see anywhere near that 700 million it could have made. It makes sense for Marvel but NOT Sony

I'm not sure it would be in Marvel's best financial interests either as any increase in revenues by including Spiderman would be eaten by Sony's cut leaving both sides with a smaller pie than they would have had separately.

He's a fox zombie.

MCU>Sony's Spider-Man>Fox

That line right there, beginning to end, is BS. You can speculate as if it's a given all you want but that doesn't make it so. Also it makes ZERO Sense economically on Sony's side. They stand to make much more doing Spidey solo films

People who watch Spider-man and the Avengers are not two different audiences. If ASM3 would make 700 mil and A3 would make 1300 mil than doesn't mean a spidey avenger film would be 2000 mil...more like...1500 mil. And even then, when you factor in costs etc Sony wouldn't see anywhere near that 700 million it could have made.It makes sense for Marvel but NOT Sony

Sony is certainly hoping that the general public will retain interest in Spider-Man solo films subsequent to their seventh release scheduled for 2018. But ASM experienced a 20% dropoff from the last installment of the Raimi series, and there is no guarantee that this is an evergreen franchise. In box office results the series has slipped below Iron Man, and may fall below Thor, which I never thought would be possible. How confident will Sony be launching their eighth big budget Spider-Man film in, say, 2023 with a new star and new director?

One way to lessen the risk is to link the rebooted Spidey to the MCU films and television shows. Marvel will be recovering from the likely loss of the Avengers original "Big Three", and it would behoove Marvel and Sony to work together. What about a deal in which Marvel handles the team-up films with Sony producing the solo flicks? Perhaps using the Miles Morales version of Spidey to provide the audience with something new. I'm not certain what format a Sony/Marvel agreement would take, but I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Sony is certainly hoping that the general public will retain interest in Spider-Man solo films subsequent to their seventh release scheduled for 2018. But ASM experienced a 20% dropoff from the last installment of the Raimi series, and there is no guarantee that this is an evergreen franchise. In box office results the series has slipped below Iron Man, and may fall below Thor, which I never thought would be possible. How confident will Sony be launching their eighth big budget Spider-Man film in, say, 2023 with a new star and new director?

One way to lessen the risk is to link the rebooted Spidey to the MCU films and television shows. Marvel will be recovering from the likely loss of the Avengers original "Big Three", and it would behoove Marvel and Sony to work together. What about a deal in which Marvel handles the team-up films with Sony producing the solo flicks? Perhaps using the Miles Morales version of Spidey to provide the audience with something new. I'm not certain what format a Sony/Marvel agreement would take, but I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I'm not too worried about Spidey, here is why:

TASM was the highest grossing reboot of all time. It did this despite being sandwiched between TA and TDKR. Ice Age 4 opened 1 1/2 weeks after taking away many of the family audience. TDKR opened 3 weeks later taking away it's young adult audience. It still became the highest grossing reboot despite re-trending similar ground to the first Spider-Man film.

Barring an agreement between Marvel and Sony to co-produce ASM3, the only other way we might see Spidey in the MCU is if Sony becomes a part of Disney, and that is unlikely.

First off since there has been a push for some acknowledgement on a corporate level, and was going to happen had time constraints not been an issue. I actually think there would be a good chance someday references to the sony franchises will be made in the MCU, but it would be subtle and not cameos or full out crossovers like some might want. An oscorp reference in an MCU movie. A Shield reference in a spiderman...

The only way there is more is if Sony really does decide to close the entertainment side of its business, or spin it off into a company Disney could buy out.. they have had such rumors over the last five years for business reasons, but barring that I just don't see anything more than an easter egg that really means nothing coming anytime soon.

As for the Fox labels... The higher ups have had some falling out with Marvel, im not sure they will ever give up Xmen. If FF bombs again, maybe Marvel gets that back, but they will never give up the Xfranchise and probably never acknowledge MCU

First off since there has been a push for some acknowledgement on a corporate level, and was going to happen had time constraints not been an issue. I actually think there would be a good chance someday references to the sony franchises will be made in the MCU, but it would be subtle and not cameos or full out crossovers like some might want. An oscorp reference in an MCU movie. A Shield reference in a spiderman...

The only way there is more is if Sony really does decide to close the entertainment side of its business, or spin it off into a company Disney could buy out.. they have had such rumors over the last five years for business reasons, but barring that I just don't see anything more than an easter egg that really means nothing coming anytime soon.

I have not heard anything about Sony closing the entertainment side.

A Shield reference in Spider-Man isn't necessary. If MCU references are made it will be very simple, such as:

- Peter and Gwen are walking in the park and they see a bunch of school kids. One of those school kids has a backpack with Iron Man on it or a lunchbox with Captain America on it.
- A young man on campus reading a book about the Howling Commandos.
- Peter is by himself in the park and he sees group of kids playing with action figures and included in those action figures are Avengers.

A Stark industries crate in Oscorp would be a nice little nod or a Time magazine cover in a newstand with a picture of Thor on it.

Anything but SHIELD

Eh, going to have to disagree. If the TASM movies are supposed to be in the MCU, there would definitely need to be a SHIELD reference. . . specifically, for when Conners gets captured alive. There is no way he wouldn't go straight into SHIELD custody.

Eh, going to have to disagree. If the TASM movies are supposed to be in the MCU, there would definitely need to be a SHIELD reference. . . specifically, for when Conners gets captured alive. There is no way he wouldn't go straight into SHIELD custody.

Only if he's to be in MCU. But for now, only those minor references should suffice.

That's my point. Either he's in the MCU or he isn't, and if he is? Absence of SHIELD in the first movie is a killer plot hole, because they are *the* people to take custody of a captured supervillain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"