Age of Ultron Spiderman in the Avengers "world"?

I want this to happen in the worst way.

I had heard a rumor that Stark tower in NY came close to making a cameo in the ASM. I can't remember where I read it, but I believe it was close to happening.

On the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon on Disney, they already have the cross over with Agent Colsen as a regular on the show. I've always thought of this as 'testing the waters' type material for the younger general audience.

In fact, on this week's episode Ironman, Captain America, and Thor showed up to ask Spider-Man to join the Avengers. The Episode ended with a 'To Be Continued...'

That's my point. Either he's in the MCU or he isn't, and if he is? Absence of SHIELD in the first movie is a killer plot hole, because they are *the* people to take custody of a captured supervillain.

Is it too hard to imagine that they're off screen, like in The Incredible Hulk according to the Fury's Big Week comic.

Same with Iron Man 3

Last edited:
Is it too hard to imagine that they're off screen, like in The Incredible Hulk according to the Fury's Big Week comic.

Same with Iron Man 3

In the Incredible Hulk they send Tony Stark at the end of the film, in Iron Man 3 theres no excuse but still.

I have not heard anything about Sony closing the entertainment side.

Look up...Dan Loeb and sony entertainment... he is a billionaire major hedge fund operator who is heavily invested in Sony. He has pushed this idea of a Sony entertainment spin off very recently and though the company did reject it, the business world has been discussing its merits since then. More and more investors get behind that and the company view will change quickly.

The Amazing Spider Man was a way better movie than the incredibly overrated Avengers and that's coming from a big Joss Whedon fan. All flash and no substance.

The Amazing Spider Man was a way better movie than the incredibly overrated Avengers and that's coming from a big Joss Whedon fan. All flash and no substance.

Critics, fans AND the box office disagree

Yes, Box Office equates to a better movie. Good call. Step Up 2 and The Scary Movie franchise must be favorites of yours. As for critical acclaim, they both recieved mixed reviews, so I don't see how that's factor. Neither one was The Dark Knight or Superman II.

Kevin Feige is credited as an executive producer on Amazing Spiderman.

The deal Marvel studios tried to reach over the Oscorp tower appearing in Avengers shows they at least tried to work something out with Sony over the Spider-man rights..
I think maybe they did want Spider-man in the MCU, or referenced in it, but like others said Spidey doesn't need to be on the team.

Maybe they're still working out a way to connect things and it's something like Shield can't control things completely within the prisons in new york and Toomes/Vulture has control of the news, Ravencroft institute, and many things in New york after Lizard gets caught. Making Toomes a political/economic force to be reckoned with who even competes with Goblin in some ways. He'd own the daily bugle, employs jjj, forces him to skew the news even more against spider man, and could then keep the Sinister Six out of Shield's hands..

Last edited:
In the Incredible Hulk they send Tony Stark at the end of the film, in Iron Man 3 theres no excuse but still.

Black Widow was there during The Incredible Hulk throughout the film offscreen according to Fury's Big Week.

If the story doesn't call for it, they don't show up on screen

Hate to break up this drug induced Spiderman circle jerk ..... but Kevin Feige in a recent interview with the French website "Reviewer.fr" put all this nonsense to rest ....

Firstly, for instance, Feige confirms that there was a conversation about inserting Oscorp Tower into Joss Whedon's The Avengers film, which would have crossed the Spider-Man cinematic world (which is owned by Sony) with what Marvel is up to. Feige said in the end though that "the deal was never close to happening".

He also confirmed that there are no plans to bring Spider-Man into a future Marvel film. »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56356589/

Last edited:
Spidey in the Avengers will be awesome.. but does Sony want that to happen?

Not any time soon. This thread isn't necessary, it exists indirectly all over the Marvel boards.

Aside from the Marvel fans, I feel like Spidey fallen from the spot as Marvel's #1 hero.

The truth is, Marvel doesn't need Spidey now. Avengers made double what the Amazing Spider-Man did. Iron Man 3 made $450 M more than Amazing Spider-Man. Thor: The Dark World is going to make nearly what Amazing Spider-Man did.

Marvel has made Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk legitimate A-list Superheroes. Would they benefit from having another A-lister? Absolutely, but they don't need it for the Avengers.

If only the vast majority agreed with you then you may be onto something.

Yes, Box Office equates to a better movie. Good call. Step Up 2 and The Scary Movie franchise must be favorites of yours. As for critical acclaim, they both recieved mixed reviews, so I don't see how that's factor. Neither one was The Dark Knight or Superman II.

Notice I said box office, critics AND Fans....only having one of those 3 does not make something a great movie but when you have all 3 metrics on your side...it's hard to argue

The truth is, Marvel doesn't need Spidey now. Avengers made double what the Amazing Spider-Man did. Iron Man 3 made $450 M more than Amazing Spider-Man. Thor: The Dark World is going to make nearly what Amazing Spider-Man did.

Marvel has made Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk legitimate A-list Superheroes. Would they benefit from having another A-lister? Absolutely, but they don't need it for the Avengers.

This is true. Marvel stands to make more money by making a Black Panther/Captain Marvel/whoever film, making that character an A-lister and adding them to Avengers rather than splitting profits with Sony, and aren't they getting profit off that anyway?

Now what Marvel Studios *does* have, honestly, is the TV rights, and I believe that includes live action. They can include Spider-Man as a TV series so long as they don't involve/reference him in the movies. That would be interesting to see happen.

I'm happy where everyone is right now. I certainly don't think Spider-Man needs to be anywhere near the Avengers. In the same world, OK but the comics ever putting him in the Avengers was not cool.

Wasn't Stark tower confirmed to have been under consideration to appear in TASM1?

This is true. Marvel stands to make more money by making a Black Panther/Captain Marvel/whoever film, making that character an A-lister and adding them to Avengers rather than splitting profits with Sony, and aren't they getting profit off that anyway?

Now what Marvel Studios *does* have, honestly, is the TV rights, and I believe that includes live action. They can include Spider-Man as a TV series so long as they don't involve/reference him in the movies. That would be interesting to see happen.

Disney also holds the complete merchandising rights to the Marvel films, which means they're making tons of risk free profit.

ASM was a disjointed trainwreck of a film, we don't need Spider-man. The 90's cartoon was great when i was a kid, but the movies have been mediocre at best

I would love to see Spider-Man to appear in one of the Avenger movies.

Yeah I think it's pretty fair to say that people will always want it.

I think it's also very fair to say it probably shouldn't happen because it will take screen time from both franchises. And both franchises are already working on really cool stuff. Both sequels (Age of Ultron and ASM2) look jam-packed as it is.

I'm in the cameo/easter egg camp. If they showed us just a tiny something in either film, I'd be ecstatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"