State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really matter. By this logic, there's never been a comic book reboot, because almost every reboot, soft or hard, came as a result of a event in the comics themselves.
but comic book reboots can't possibly be the same as a film reboot. i mean, film reboots aren't limited to superhero films
Because that doesn't....

Oh, nevermind then. I guess there's no point in really having this conversation in this case.
i wish you'd least try to understand my rationale

I mean, it's not really a fan thing. It's a soft reboot. I honestly don't think it's disputable, and it's weird to me that people seem to want to argue it's not. I guess people have come to associate all reboots with hard reboots with new cast, actors, etc., but there's different forms of rebooting canon and not all them involve throwing everything out and starting from scratch. Comic readers (especially DC readers) are probably more used to this type of reboot so it makes more sense to them maybe.

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just that reboot can mean several things to different groups of people.

Should Han Solo be the one to talk about Jedi and the Dark Side? He knew nothing about it.

but comic book reboots can't possibly be the same as a film reboot. i mean, film reboots aren't limited to superhero films

I mean, that's doesn't really matter to what's being said, though.

i wish you'd least try to understand my rationale

I understand, there's just not much point in discussing something if you're going to just ignore the meaning of something is there?

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just that reboot can mean several things to different groups of people.

Well, I suppose, but there's a point, at least to me, where you have to acknowledge the technical terms of something. I'm sure most have their own head canon, but that doesn't mean that there's not an established canon as well, you know. You have to respect that to some degree. Or well, I guess you don't have to, but more it is what it is over what someone personally wants it to be.

I mean, that's doesn't really matter to what's being said, though.
it does to me. this discussion started with wondering whether dofp is a reboot. it is, a soft reboot. but it isn't a true reboot since it is not a new/different wolverine, and a new/different take on the cast of characters. it is the same characters as in the previous installments, who've gone through changes in the events of the universe itself.

fant4sti was a reboot. no one will argue otherwise. and fox had to market that.
I understand, there's just not much point in discussing something if you're going to just ignore the meaning of something is there?
it's not that I am ignoring the meaning, it's that I do not think it is substantial. there isn't as much of a presence of soft reboots in the film industry as there have been prominent reboots. and because the ladder is fairly common for franchises, for me personally the logic for a soft reboot does not mean much.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is unpopular but I thought that The Martian was better in every way than Interstellar, except maybe for the score. I know they are different films but I thought that Scott's movie was so much more enjoyable.

I enjoy some of their films but I am not a very big fan fan of Robert Altman or Dario Argento.

I don't know if this is unpopular but I thought that The Martian was better in every way than Interstellar, except maybe for the score. I know they are different films but I thought that Scott's movie was so much more enjoyable.

I dont think that's unpopular, I think people prefer it. Both are good, but The Martian was just better, IMO.

Agreed about The Martian. A lot better than Interstellar. The ending to that film was ultimately not satisfying and kind of cheesy with the whole " love" thing.

interstellar had a creepy score. and i agree that the martian was better, even though the tone was more light hearted, but on the topic of the martian, one of the things i didn't like about it was how it didn't really give you sense/feeling that watney was really there. maybe it's because I saw it in 3D but it also has to do with them not showing the gravity effect.

This is more tv than film, but I find Z Nation much more entertaining than TWD.

i'm not really feeling ben affleck as batman. nothing against his acting ability, but just that we've seen so many cinematic takes that at this point he doesn't really feel like a bruce wayne or batman to me, just an actor doing a job...which obviously that's what all these are, but i'm not really feeling like he is the batman. just, an actor in the role.

Co-sign.

I think the worst thing about it is the film filter used though. TWD has that ugly sepia-like filter, Z Nation has a blue desaturated one.

tumblr_nln9indnmW1rnikqmo4_500.gif

I love the hell out of Mars Attacks and I don't care who knows it.

I love the hell out of Mars Attacks and I don't care who knows it.
I loved the Martians in it, their culture, their technology, their dark sense of humor, I'd watch a whole film with just them in it. Didn't care for the humans that much, I think that maybe Burton tried to go for a Dr. Strangelove kind of satire and that's not easy to pull off, anyway to each their own.

I think that Depp's Willie Wonka, Barnabas and Tonto are really strong, interesting and diverse performances.

I really like Leto's Joker so far. Now I hope the writing is on par with the reinvention.

I found the DareDevil Netflix series to be one of the most entertaining Marvel Live Action interpretations Period! found it even more entertaining than many of MCU movies. Yup I said it!

Should Han Solo be the one to talk about Jedi and the Dark Side? He knew nothing about it.

Which makes him the right person. At first, he laughed about the force. Now that he's seen it first hand, he's a true believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"