The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on CBM.com. Just a little nitpick or I'm mistakened but, wouldn't it only take one punch for spidey to break the glass?

exactly what i was thinking. i don't think webb fully appreciates that spider-man has super strength. he would be able to shatter a windshield in one punch. regular humans, if strong enough, are able to do that i would imagine, let alone spider-man....

next minute spidey is holding up a bus full of passengers. it's inconsistent and just baffling to me.

after tasm1 i read ultimate spider-man, partly to see whether webb was getting strength estimates from these comics as opposed to 616, but peter is still insanely strong in usm. he can pick up a car etc.

also he actually used punches and kicks in a fight and was altogether a much better fighter, but that's another matter.

spider-man's powers should dictate how a scene plays out, not the other way around. it's likely they want tension via having him repeatedly punch the windscreen to no avail. that's fine if your character doesn't have super strength, but if he does, you need to come up with another way to get said tension.

ps. how ironic that peter removes a windshield like it's an afterthought in tasm1 when trying to save the little kid.

exactly what i was thinking. i don't think webb fully appreciates that spider-man has super strength. he would be able to shatter a windshield in one punch. regular humans, if strong enough, are able to do that i would imagine, let alone spider-man....

next minute spidey is holding up a bus full of passengers. it's inconsistent and just baffling to me.

after tasm1 i read ultimate spider-man, partly to see whether webb was getting strength estimates from these comics as opposed to 616, but peter is still insanely strong in usm. he can pick up a car etc.

also he actually used punches and kicks in a fight and was altogether a much better fighter, but that's another matter.

spider-man's powers should dictate how a scene plays out, not the other way around. it's likely they want tension via having him repeatedly punch the windscreen to no avail. that's fine if your character doesn't have super strength, but if he does, you need to come up with another way to get said tension.

ps. how ironic that peter removes a windshield like it's an afterthought in tasm1 when trying to save the little kid.

You have quite some good points I agree with. Yeah Spider-Man in general is supposed to be really strong. Not Hulk strong, but up there. Same with his speed.
I'll let it pass that in TASM he's a bit amateur in his powers because I think that was intended, but man if he's virtuoso in this, he better be virtuoso.

Another guy said that it might be bulletproof glass which I imagine would be harder to shatter? We'll have to see how that scene exactly plays out.
What's your view on him holding the bus like that? Do you think he should be able to lift it like an apple?? Or is it okay for him to struggle

You have quite some good points I agree with. Yeah Spider-Man in general is supposed to be really strong. Not Hulk strong, but up there. Same with his speed.
I'll let it pass that in TASM he's a bit amateur in his powers because I think that was intended, but man if he's virtuoso in this, he better be virtuoso.

Another guy said that it might be bulletproof glass which I imagine would be harder to shatter? We'll have to see how that scene exactly plays out.
What's your view on him holding the bus like that? Do you think he should be able to lift it like an apple?? Or is it okay for him to struggle

spider-man should be able to lift a car over his head and throw it. that said, it should take a whole lot of effort for him to do so. furthermore, he shouldn't be able to throw it all that far.

i'd like the film to establish bullet proof glass as a sort of compromise, but i don't see that happening; just looks like a regular truck, perhaps a stolen one.

but yeah, a bus with a bunch of passengers is much heavier than a car, so i have no problem with spider-man holding it up with the level of difficulty the pics seem to indicate.

Armored car will almost certainly have bullet-resistant glass.

but the truck towing it?

even if it were bulletproof glass, spidey should be able to punch through it imo. i mean, he's spider-man. the set videos show him winding up his strikes from a fair distance, so it's even more incredulous that he requires more than one hit to break through.

I was speaking on a Spider-Man 4 script since we were talking about a fourth film.

And while I agree the retcon was a bad idea, I wouldn't mind Sandman's arc if it was only developed much, much better. Him being sympathetic was fine if you ask me. TSSM went that route amazingly when he came out on top as a hero(I can't remember if he showed up again in season two as a villain).

Venom and Sandman could've been a great combo, but the elements just didn't flow well at all.

Seeing this would've been awesome:

sandmanbite.jpg

I'm not forgetting Raimi's treatment with the symbiote and Venom. It was bad, anyone will say this, but Raimi just never understood the villain. It would be nice if Raimi said he didn't understand the villain and Arad told him it was fine and that Vulture could get his place back, but Arad only had him read into Venom's backstory and still use him.

Although, what premise are you talking about? From what I understand, Felicia Hardy was going to be Black Cat until Sony wanted her to be Vulturess.

If you're referring to the last news article on hathaway playing Felicia. That's all it actually confirmed. The headlines all read black cat. But if you actually read the raimi quotes he never once mentions black cat. Only Felicia hardy.

I've never heard anything on Sony forcing raimi to do anything with spiderman 4. Infact aside from some casting rumors the only things we heard about the film was that Sam and his brother completely wrote the script. And i heard it was his choice actually about vulturess and that her father the vulture dies in the film and she swears revenge. Also.... That Mary Jane has peters baby.... And that peter leaves them both (temporarily) for Felicia..... That sounds all raimi to me.

And my source in sonys art department (who filled me into the spoilers of spider 3 i reported back in the day) confirmed this for me.

We also have Sam to thank for the new goblin design in 3 as well as the non comic accurate symbiote costume (they actually even made the comic one as a proto with the classic white spider)

Also... I have an incredibly hard time believing the "master of horror" had a hard time understanding Venom. That's like Spielberg not understanding jurassic park......

LWXAjhD.jpg

i'd imagine this scene of him getting out of the car takes place after spider-man engages him on the bonnet. so, that said, looks like the windshield is still in tact.

so not only does spider-man require multiple punches, he doesn't even break through...

of course, they could cgi it out later and like always, set pics n vids can misled, but man.. not looking too good.

but the truck towing it?

even if it were bulletproof glass, spidey should be able to punch through it imo. i mean, he's spider-man. the set videos show him winding up his strikes from a fair distance, so it's even more incredulous that he requires more than one hit to break through.

Maybe they wanted multiple punches per take so they could use the best looking one. Who knows?

He's never had a set strength level, he lifts a small airplane in one comic then six month later struggles with a dumpster.

LWXAjhD.jpg

i'd imagine this scene of him getting out of the car takes place after spider-man engages him on the bonnet. so, that said, looks like the windshield is still in tact.

so not only does spider-man require multiple punches, he doesn't even break through...

of course, they could cgi it out later and like always, set pics n vids can misled, but man.. not looking too good.

Is this an actual ****ing problem for you?

Seriously?

Jesus.

Having slight concerns here and there are perfectly ok, I don't blindly love everything I see. But seriously, imo you're blowing this wayyy outa proportion and getting actually upset over something that we know nothing about.. Like stated above ^^ (by you as well) they could be filming multiple takes to get the best one, and/or using cg for the shattered windshield.. i wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over this man

Is this an actual ****ing problem for you?

Seriously?

Jesus.

well if spider-man is shown to not be able to punch through glass it undermines one of his super powers.

i'd think the most valid nit picks are one's that centre upon the character's super powers.

it'd be like if superman couldn't lift a car over his head to rescue someone trapped underneath because the narrative in that specific instance demanded tension of "will he, won't he?"

well if spider-man is shown to not be able to punch through glass it undermines one of his super powers.

i'd think the most valid nit picks are one's that centre upon the character's super powers.

it'd be like if superman couldn't lift a car over his head to rescue someone trapped underneath because the narrative in that specific instance demanded tension of "will he, won't he?"

well he did break the clock and could lift a car but he bearly could , i think he is not as strong as he appears or is a bulletproof windshield (and a very strong one)

Having slight concerns here and there are perfectly ok, I don't blindly love everything I see. But seriously, imo you're blowing this wayyy outa proportion and getting actually upset over something that we know nothing about.. Like stated above ^^ (by you as well) they could be filming multiple takes to get the best one, and/or using cg for the shattered windshield.. i wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over this man

yeah, well i acknowledged it in the hope to show that i'm not spitting chips over here. it's just something that i hoped not to see.

i was underwhelmed with spider-man's strength in tasm1. chalked that up to him being young and new to his powers. but in this one, he is meant to be a pro from the outset. so if he can't punch through a glass barrier, it flies in the face of that.

i also find it to be sloppy writing when the scene dictates power level, when it should be the other way around.

note that no one has said "spider-man isn't strong enough to punch through glass, you're expecting him to be too strong"

my complaints seem valid, and given that release is still a while away, of course you can say they're premature. but then, that means every single valid criticism of what we see or read etc. can be rebutted in the same way.

A wise man once told me not to jump to conclusions based on set photos and videos. How wise he was.

It was me.

I'm the wise man. :woot:

well he did break the clock and could lift a car but he bearly could , i think he is not as strong as he appears or is a bulletproof windshield (and a very strong one)

like i said, making the glass bulletproof would be a compromise that more or less works.

peter held onto the car with only one arm, so we know he has a decent amount of potential re. strength.

i'm just kind of worried that webb doesn't realise that showing strength isn't just about lifting heavy objects; it also factors into punches.

spidey's strikes against the lizard barely phased him, which irked me seeing as the former has strength despite his small stature. but whatever, the lizard was much stronger.

a glass windshield? not so much.

if it is spidey's failure to get to alexsei that leads to the bus tipping, then that's even worse because spider-man goes from failing at a task that requires relatively little super strength, to succeeding at a task that requires lots (supporting a bus full of people from tipping over)

A wise man once told me not to jump to conclusions based on set photos and videos. How wise he was.

It was me.

I'm the wise man. :woot:

lol i think i've rambled on long enough anyway.

i guess when it comes to news - people are accepting of negative reactions. not so much for speculation. and i guess that's kind of fair.

Think I've seen enough... Might have to cut myself off.

I wish I had self-control. I've been really good about Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel, but when it comes to Spider-Man...I'm so weak. :csad:

i don´t mind getting spoiled that much i like more seeing it on execution than knowing is going to happen, but then again i don´t want to know the movie from head to toe , i hope the new marketing team knows to keep something out of the trailers

If you're referring to the last news article on hathaway playing Felicia. That's all it actually confirmed. The headlines all read black cat. But if you actually read the raimi quotes he never once mentions black cat. Only Felicia hardy.

I've never heard anything on Sony forcing raimi to do anything with spiderman 4. Infact aside from some casting rumors the only things we heard about the film was that Sam and his brother completely wrote the script. And i heard it was his choice actually about vulturess and that her father the vulture dies in the film and she swears revenge. Also.... That Mary Jane has peters baby.... And that peter leaves them both (temporarily) for Felicia..... That sounds all raimi to me.

And my source in sonys art department (who filled me into the spoilers of spider 3 i reported back in the day) confirmed this for me.

I would like to hear from your source on if Vulturess was REALLY Raimi's idea because as of now, I'm just hearing it from you, and I can't trust that, no offense. I too thought it was Sam Raimi's idea, but after reading a recent interview where he mentioned Felicia Hardy, it sounds as if she was going to be Black Cat. If she were going to be the Vulturess and the daughter of Vulture, wouldn't her name be Felicia Toomes then?

We also have Sam to thank for the new goblin design in 3 as well as the non comic accurate symbiote costume (they actually even made the comic one as a proto with the classic white spider)

The New Goblin suit was a way to divide Harry from being a full fledge Goblin as his father was since he ended up being a good guy in the end.

And Raimi insisted on a different costume because the comics-accurate black suit was deemed too slick and shiny on film and couldn't be filmed right.

Also... I have an incredibly hard time believing the "master of horror" had a hard time understanding Venom. That's like Spielberg not understanding jurassic park......

Yah, because the "master of horror" should understand a villain that he didn't grow up on :o

is like Michael Bay with....Transformers , lol

jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"