The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man (First Reactions: Critics, Fans) (Spoiler Alert) - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it basically is.

10 years is not enough for a reboot. They should've just used the original trilogy as a jumping off point and gotten a new cast. Like the Bond films.

Can you elaborate on how you think they should have used the original trilogy as a jumping off point?

I just saw the amazing spider-man and let me just say
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS SPIDER-MAN

Aww man soo much feels

Can you elaborate on how you think they should have used the original trilogy as a jumping off point?
Peter Parker is already Spider-Man, just use brief flashbacks or whatever to refer to what happened. Doesn't have to be specific.

I don't think we needed to see another origin movie.

Just wanted to be positive :p

Chris Stuckmann´s review [YT]Lin7ZgdwYLs&feature=g-all-u[/YT]
Catherine Reitman [YT]c2sEvxJ8wAM&feature=g-all-u[/YT]
Tom Chatalbash[YT]mHBn1UumDOQ&feature=g-all-u[/YT]
Flick Pick [YT]r8HjPcciUWo&feature=g-all-u[/YT]
Now i just need Doug Walker´s review
but overall everyone is liking it except Catherine:csad:

Some interesting views. I just started watching Chris Stuckmann's channel and have to say , I agree with a lot of his opinions.

Peter Parker is already Spider-Man, just use brief flashbacks or whatever to refer to what happened. Doesn't have to be specific.

Doesn't that kind of cut Spider-man off at the neck though? Continuing from the original trilogy means his main villains (Goblin, Ock, etc) are already dead so they're now forced to use the "B" villains from that point on. The Gwen Stacy/Mary Jane relationships would be all screwed up as well.

Now we have a chance to see Green Goblin done right, the relationships done right, the action scenes between the Goblin and Spider-man done right. If the re-telling of the origin didn't work for me I'd be singing a different tune but everything worked for me in the reboot. Now I'm looking forward to some new chapters in the Spider-man saga.

My feeling is we didn't need another reboot and essentially a remake of the 2002 film which let's face it this movie basically is.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh aboutttttttttt thatttttttt. Not a remake at all.

The soundtrack sounds very 'themepark-ey'. Like something I would hear while waiting in line at Universal to ride on 'The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man'.

Doesn't that kind of cut Spider-man off at the neck though? Continuing from the original trilogy means his main villains (Goblin, Ock, etc) are already dead so they're now forced to use the "B" villains from that point on. The Gwen Stacy/Mary Jane relationships would be all screwed up as well.

It doesn't have to be strict. Osborn's deaths are never final anyway. Look at all the times Blofeld came back from basic death in James Bond.

Now we have a chance to see Green Goblin done right, the relationships done right, the action scenes between the Goblin and Spider-man done right. If the re-telling of the origin didn't work for me I'd be singing a different tune but everything worked for me in the reboot. Now I'm looking forward to some new chapters in the Spider-man saga.

I don't see how this interpretation is Green Goblin done right. What's more right about it? How do you even know it will be right when you haven't even seen any Green Goblin at all?

It doesn't have to be strict. Osborn's deaths are never final anyway. Look at all the times Blofeld came back from basic death in James Bond.

I don't see how this interpretation is Green Goblin done right. What's more right about it? How do you even know it will be right when you haven't even seen any Green Goblin at all?
He said we have a chance to see the Goblin done right. He didn't say it had come to pass yet.

Well it's been released, so there isn't really any point in complaining about it.
It's there, if you didn't like it, then wait for the sequel, simple as that.
Would it be fair if Raimi's take got a complete fleshed out origin, but Webb's didn't? Why can't Webb create a complete series? From when Peter is a young boy to wherever this series ends. This movie is all about the journey of the character.

Osborne's death was as final as you could get in Raimi's trilogy.

Cmon man, I know you have better reading comprehension than that. You do know what "we have a chance" means, right? It doesn't imply that we've seen anything yet but "we have a chance" to see it in future sequels.

I don't think GG will be done right this series. To me it looks as if Norman will transform. I hope he doesn't transform coupled with him killing Gwen...then yes A+. But...I just get the feeling that they will make him transform into an ultimate inspired Goblin.

I don't think GG will be done right this series. To me it looks as if Norman will transform. I hope he doesn't transform coupled with him killing Gwen...then yes A+. But...I just get the feeling that they will make him transform into an ultimate inspired Goblin.

I think they'll make a compromise with Goblin. I agree that he'll probably transform, but after how they did Lizard I can't imagine him looking anything like his Ultimate incarnation.

I am making a new prediction for the final RT score. 67 %. It's annoying but I think this film is going to be pushed out of the 70's.

I am making a new prediction for the final RT score. 67 %. It's annoying but I think this film is going to be pushed out of the 70's.
Now you're just being a Negative Nelly. It's not going to fall to 67%.

For me I didn't notice anything from the first spidey in this, all except one thing but that's it

It has about 90 reviews to go and about 40 of those have to be negative to get 67%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"