Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few characters who could lend themselves to dying. Nick Fury, Thor even Steve could all kick the bucket

There are a few characters who could lend themselves to dying. Nick Fury, Thor even Steve could all kick the bucket

but all of those have a way of coming back, which i don't think applies to "killing off a franchise"

the most expendable will easily be Hawkeye, who wont ever get a solo film. Followed by Fury (Who could always be replaced with another fury)...

I saw some animatics that were scrapped for the most part out of The Avengers on cbm. It has a lot of cool stuff that I think would have been in the movie if the budget allowed it. During the last battle, Jarvis turns on Tony and starts to sound more like Ultron. It could be something to think about, since Whedon might still want to go that route for Ultron.

Edit: Here it is.

[YT]X88sxYVoKms[/YT]

[YT]LWnCJ3mFLu0[/YT]

Liking the TDK soundtrack :o

Any chance that (if the actors are announced for the Phase 3 movies outside of Thor 3, Cap 3 and Avengers 3) that there will be a mention of the Phase 3 heroes at the end of the movie?

Why are people worried by that interview? Look how he starts it off.."I’m always joking about that. Um…maybe?”....... “But I’d have to have a really good reason...etc"

He says he's always joking about it. Joking, that's how he starts it off, then goes on to say, maybe. Then goes on to explain what he would do, essentially IF he were to kill someone off.

doesnt sound like he plans to kill off anyone major

Thing is it's the same idea with the Asgardians, we HEAR a British accent, but is it truly how they hear themselves speak?
Rocket talks to and understands planet life it really doesn't make a big difference what he sounds like, tho to ME some kind of Country/western accent would seem to fit better seeing as Raccoons aren't IN England.

Exactly.
If you wanted to put *some* kind of logic to RR's accent, it would help to keep in mind that he is an actual raccoon, genetically modified, and raccoons are native only to North America.

^ lol Super man in Thor, RR in AoU, what's next?

When/Why did people get so hung up on the idea of Rocket Raccoon having an English accent?
because he's been portrayed with one in every appearence he's made in different media (except one episode of ultimate spider-man). and as far as i'm aware from his first appearence in the comics he was "english"

because he's been portrayed with one in every appearence he's made in different media (except one episode of ultimate spider-man). and as far as i'm aware from his first appearence in the comics he was "english"

True on the first part (video games, cartoons), false on the second part (comic books). Rocket originally spoke in a lot of colloquialisms and dropped his "g"s a lot (goin', fixin', lookin', etc.), but those could just as easily be ascribed to a Southern drawl or even to a Ben Grimm-style Brooklyn dialect.

I saw some animatics that were scrapped for the most part out of The Avengers on cbm. It has a lot of cool stuff that I think would have been in the movie if the budget allowed it. During the last battle, Jarvis turns on Tony and starts to sound more like Ultron. It could be something to think about, since Whedon might still want to go that route for Ultron.

Edit: Here it is.

[YT]X88sxYVoKms[/YT]

[YT]LWnCJ3mFLu0[/YT]

It's like they were trying to set up Age of Ultron with that scene....huh...maybe it IS JARVIS that turns into Ultron?

It's like they were trying to set up Age of Ultron with that scene....huh...maybe it IS JARVIS that turns into Ultron?

It was clear (to me, at least) that what seemed like JARVIS talking was really Loki using the AI's voice to manipulate Tony.

It was clear (to me, at least) that what seemed like JARVIS talking was really Loki using the AI's voice to manipulate Tony.

True.... Loki was obviously trying to sway Tony in that animatic but I never connected the dots

It's interesting that we can see Wasp included in those animatics. I wish we could've gotten her, Hank or no Hank.

It's interesting that we can see Wasp included in those animatics. I wish we could've gotten her, Hank or no Hank.

Yeah, regardless of whether or not it would've really "worked" or not, I'd like to see the original script to see what Joss had in mind for Wasp.

True on the first part (video games, cartoons), false on the second part (comic books). Rocket originally spoke in a lot of colloquialisms and dropped his "g"s a lot (goin', fixin', lookin', etc.), but those could just as easily be ascribed to a Southern drawl or even to a Ben Grimm-style Brooklyn dialect.
ya i wasn't sure, the scan someone else posted though had him using "English" slang though.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/pondo65d/preview0756_zps56ad8659.jpg
preview0756_zps56ad8659.jpg

I'm trying to read some good into that. “But I’d have to have a really good reason, a really great sequence for [Marvel executives] to go, ‘We’ll cut off a potential franchise, that’s fine!’" Perhaps Marvel has put its foot down when it comes to sacrificing characters who have many more films ahead of them. The MCU is a different proposition from the comics. Each hero has a lot more to contribute than merely the drama that would arise from their deaths.
Much more! And a good writer can raise the stakes and make the danger seem real without actually killing them off.

Yeah, regardless of whether or not it would've really "worked" or not, I'd like to see the original script to see what Joss had in mind for Wasp.
I remember Joss saying in some interview that he never really finished that version of the script, he got to page 150-something with no end in sight and decided things needed to be reworked. That may not have been fully down to Wasp, though. That version of the script also had a full backstory for Hawkeye with him a member of the team from the beginning instead of Loki's zombie, and a second, more physical villain

I'm kind of glad that we got BW and Hawkeye. Marvel already set them up in previous movies and it was nice to have a couple of non-powered members on the team (technically Cap is to).

BW and Hawkeye were a sure thing either way...

Widow was going to essentially be the only new character introduced (other than hill) which i do think would have been fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"