Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt Cooper will use a British accent. I think it will sound like Cooper.

Yeah... an American guy doing a fake british accent for a space raccoon sounds like a really bad idea.

Why? People do fake accents for movies all the time. Superman was ****ing British.

When/Why did people get so hung up on the idea of Rocket Raccoon having an English accent?

When/Why did people get so hung up on the idea of Rocket Raccoon having an English accent?

Yeah, I've never read him with one in my head. But he apparently had one in Marvel vs Capcom, so apparently it's a thing now.

I think Cooper has already done one before in Alias if I recall correctly. I think it was more of a cockney accent though, which might be suitable for Rocket Raccoon if people believe that is appropriate.

He also did one in the The Rocker, although that was more of a parody.

Ulton will be defeated by Hawkeye's virus arrow. You heard it here first.

Why? People do fake accents for movies all the time. Superman was ****ing British.
Almost POSITIVE DrCosmic was joking

I actually wasn't joking. British people doing the American accent is almost always good. Americans doing a British accent is almost always bad. So to do a British accent for a character that isn't actually British at all has no point, and is likely to not be as good as the American talking in their natural accent. That's why it would be dumb to have an American doing a British accent for an alien raccoon.

I actually wasn't joking. British people doing the American accent is almost always good. Americans doing a British accent is almost always bad. So to do a British accent for a character that isn't actually British at all has no point, and is likely to not be as good as the American talking in their natural accent. That's why it would be dumb to have an American doing a British accent for an alien raccoon.

IMO Cooper doesn't have a recognizable voice at all, even less so if he's doing a bad british accent so I don't see him being cast

Last edited:
Except it's confirmed Marvel offered him the role.

Didn't know it was officially offered, hopefully he doesnt accept

Didn't know it was officially offered, hopefully he doesnt accept

He's supposedly in talks, which means he's tentatively accepted. The talks could fall through, of course, but barring that he's our Rocket.

Eh.

After looking at some interviews, I am starting to doubt that Thanos WON'T have any bit of a role at all.

When asked directly about the sequel to the avengers and having Ultron as the Villain, whedon says "It's part of what makes the Marvel universe click -- their relationship to the real world. It's science fiction, and Thanos is not out of the mix, but Thanos was never meant to be the next villain. He's always been the overlord of villainy and darkness."

He says Thanos was never meant to be the next villain, but he says he's not out of the mix

He was in Earth´s mightiest heroes. I think it was just 1-2 episodes but I am pretty sure it sounded as if he had an australian accent. That was pretty good.

British? No idea.

He had a British,cockney accent in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and in Marvel vs Capcom so it seems to be the accent Marvel gives him sometimes. People are making presumptions he might have one in the movie.

I don't care what accent he has.

Who cares what accent the raccoon has? As long as he sounds like a bad-tempered badass, that's all that matters.

Yeah, I've never read him with one in my head. But he apparently had one in Marvel vs Capcom, so apparently it's a thing now.
Thing is it's the same idea with the Asgardians, we HEAR a British accent, but is it truly how they hear themselves speak?
Rocket talks to and understands planet life it really doesn't make a big difference what he sounds like, tho to ME some kind of Country/western accent would seem to fit better seeing as Raccoons aren't IN England.

I guess somebody decided it just sounded funny having a raccoon sound like a cockney thug. They were probably high as **** when they thought of it, but somebody thought of it.

I saw some animatics that were scrapped for the most part out of The Avengers on cbm. It has a lot of cool stuff that I think would have been in the movie if the budget allowed it. During the last battle, Jarvis turns on Tony and starts to sound more like Ultron. It could be something to think about, since Whedon might still want to go that route for Ultron.

Edit: Here it is.

[YT]X88sxYVoKms[/YT]

[YT]LWnCJ3mFLu0[/YT]

Last edited:
Whedon on killing off characters:

I’m always joking about that. Um…maybe?” says the director/writer “But I’d have to have a really good reason, a really great sequence for [Marvel executives] to go, ‘We’ll cut off a potential franchise, that’s fine!’ They know as any good studio does, that without some stakes, some real danger, how involved can we get? We don’t just rule it out across the board, but neither is the mission statement ‘Who can we kill?’ We try to build the story organically and go, ‘How hard can we make it on these people?’ You go to the movies to see people you love suffer-that’s why you go to the movies.”

Please don't kill anyone off. Unless your gonna do an X2 sort of thing.

Whedon on killing off characters:

Please don't kill anyone off. Unless your gonna do an X2 sort of thing.

I'm trying to read some good into that. “But I’d have to have a really good reason, a really great sequence for [Marvel executives] to go, ‘We’ll cut off a potential franchise, that’s fine!’" Perhaps Marvel has put its foot down when it comes to sacrificing characters who have many more films ahead of them. The MCU is a different proposition from the comics. Each hero has a lot more to contribute than merely the drama that would arise from their deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"