The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

You're talking semantics. Divergences in timelines or anythin related to shifting of perception of time is not in the cards right now. They spelled it out for you already. They run the risk of convoluted plot-lines, which the time travel or time-related card commonly creates. Let Fox be the guinea pig for that stuff.

2. TRM

TRM Well-Known Member

You don't really need to explain it, but you could simply not use Pym, and only use Lang. That's all I'm saying.
    I personally believe Oracle industries' cloud software will allow an AI to infect Jarvis, that uses Tony's hardware. Unwittingly making him the creator as Cherokee said. Changing him into the creator... To me it's thematically connected to whole meaning behind the Iron man mask being changed into Ultron. A lot of psychological factors too, because the suit is a part of Tony.

If Pym's there just to create the Ant Man tech then he won't have a big part, but the whole legacy aspect of that, creating the Ant Man tech -- leads me to believe Pym will somehow become just as big a part of the series as Lang.

3. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

But why make him unwittingly the creator. Why not have him actually be the creator?

Why? Why can't he just be a cool supporting character?

4. TRM

TRM Well-Known Member

Gotta have some set ups before Infinity Gauntlet comes in, so that there are ways to undo the destruction Thanos will cause that are not completely deus ex machina ;)

That's exactly my point, Fox gets all the back and forth time travel.
    We're stepping sideways through parallel dimesions that shift around the dark side of reality. The mirror verse almost, a dark parallel dimension where all choices/probabilities are reversed.
    More about how this parallel path has existed since the dawn of time when light and dark matter entered the universe.
    Limbo only connects to a dark, magical, parallel dimension. Not really time travel at all... Limbo, timelessness, and the Vanir realm and false Limbos created by Other, called Other place, that makes up Counter Earth, where High Evolutionary Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver would originally be from.. making their powers slightly more magical, although there could be an evolutionary aspect where genetics deviated different ways. Prophecies and viewing timelines from Knowwhere, but only stepping sideways through dimensional portals... Cracks in time/space and the mind/Cortex of Celestials connected to the infinite. The negative zone and dimensions between time. Wundagore and Counter Earth... Infinite probabilities. About the themes of death, and infinity.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  5. TRM

TRM Well-Known Member

I think at the very least there will be some of the legacy themes, him passing the torch onto Lang. Not saying that wouldn't be cool, just that he wouldn't be in it much and I'm hoping for lots of Pym. TBH I'd just rather have Pym as AntMan over Lang, and don't really care who creates Ultron.
    Although, I think all of them will have a hand in creating Ultron, he'll go through an "evolution", so that it's everyone's responsibility.
    "We all create our own demons". In my idea, Ultron turned Pym into a ghost. And it's a lot harder for him to come back then Red Skull.

6. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

No time travel, no parallel universes. The ideas are creative and interesting, but way to confusing for one film.

Made by/of the Avengers.... Thor, tesseract, Iron Man, armor, Killian, Extremis, AIM, Hydra, SHIELD, Hydra weapons, Captain America, Red Skull's "death," Hugo Weaving won't return.... That all adds up to the Red Skull theory.

7. The Ironstar

The Ironstar Well-Known Member

If they wanted to do a tie in from Cap---> IM,this would be a perfect story instead of Ultron:

[​IMG]

:word: :grin::applaud

8. The Ironstar

Forgot that one :oldrazz:

9. The Ironstar

That was only because Thanos had the IG & Mephisto wanted it for himself.

10. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

When reading fan theories on this forum for A2 or Guardians or whatever, it's pretty easy to tell who has a basic knowledge of screenwriting/the characters and who doesn't.

Time travel is one of my favourite plot devices and while I'm disappointed it's not on the cards right now, some of the stuff come up with on here using it gives me a headache.

11. The Ironstar

I would love to see this at the end of A2:start (12:48)

[YT]9E4IVb-slCM[/YT]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  12. The Ironstar

-The 'Builders' = The Celestials
    -The IG cannot not be used in unison anymore.
    - IMHO everything pales next to Jim Starlin (even though I like Annihilation).

13. The Ironstar

So that means he'll be jealous of all their girlfriends & build multiple Jocastas? :cwink: :oldrazz:

14. The Ironstar

IIRC wasn't Hydra/AIM under the same organization @ one time?

15. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Playing devil's advocate here: in the comics, even Hank Pym didn't know he created Ultron until later.

Pym had been tinkering with the robot in his lab, but never dreamed it would acquire sentience, let alone malevolence. Ultron-1 did a mindwipe on Pym and made him forget he created him.

16. TheHeatKitchen

Stark "unwittingly" created the Mandarin by making Killian what he was. Didn't they say he would "unwittingly" create Ultron?

It won't happen, but its fun to speculate nonsense.

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Can Tony use his suits without Jarvis???

19. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

:doh:

20. TheHeatKitchen

Believe me, I know, it's absurd. I'm just stirring the pot and thinking outside the box.

I think it's going to be something simple, like Stark is trying to upgrade Jarvis and it gets out of control. Honestly kind of boring and simplistic.

21. babykhris

babykhris Well-Known Member

22. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

Can Rhodey and Savin use the WM/IP armor without Jarvis (or arc reactors embedded in their chests)?

23. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

all of that would suck.

24. DarkSovereignty

DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

The level of fan fiction in this thread is over 9000.

25. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Nice to see lokiD back.. er I mean TRM :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.