Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm suggesting isn't necessarily time travel, it has more to do with parallel realities just to make things a little more clear, although the time gem would allow Ultron to break into Limbo, a dimension between all times, and upload his consciousness there for backup cloud storage.

Time shifting around the Avengers, no one actually traveling through time, although Pym's mind would travel through Immortus's limbo. Divergences in timelines, rather than actual time travel itself. More like what Cherokees saying, things coming out of the darkside/negative energies. Going through other dimensions rather than time... Time loops and visions of the future. Oracle industries and the "cloud software".
Prophecies and visions from Collector and the Vanir, ways that the timelines can change and "Destiny" can be altered, or the alternate Nemesis versions of characters' created.
About Pym's destiny being altered by being stopped in its tracks by an ultron who turns out to be multiversal, rather than manipulating any one time directly.

After giving it a body the world would shift around Stark Tower like in the EMH episode with Kang. inside the towers/ limbo zones they're safe, and because of Collector and Immortus there are heroes on backup. In Avengers 3 when Thanos does a lot of damage Next and New Avengers, could be brought in eventually, because if Ultron has any gem Thanos would probably want it.

You're talking semantics. Divergences in timelines or anythin related to shifting of perception of time is not in the cards right now. They spelled it out for you already. They run the risk of convoluted plot-lines, which the time travel or time-related card commonly creates. Let Fox be the guinea pig for that stuff.

No there doesn't. You just have him not be the guy. Why do you need to explain why he's not the guy?

You don't really need to explain it, but you could simply not use Pym, and only use Lang. That's all I'm saying.
I personally believe Oracle industries' cloud software will allow an AI to infect Jarvis, that uses Tony's hardware. Unwittingly making him the creator as Cherokee said. Changing him into the creator... To me it's thematically connected to whole meaning behind the Iron man mask being changed into Ultron. A lot of psychological factors too, because the suit is a part of Tony.

If Pym's there just to create the Ant Man tech then he won't have a big part, but the whole legacy aspect of that, creating the Ant Man tech -- leads me to believe Pym will somehow become just as big a part of the series as Lang.

You don't really need to explain it, but you could simply not use Pym, and only use Lang. That's all I'm saying.
I personally believe Oracle industries' cloud software will allow an AI to infect Jarvis, that uses Tony's hardware. Unwittingly making him the creator as Cherokee said. Changing him into the creator... To me it's thematically connected to whole meaning behind the Iron man mask being changed into Ultron. A lot of psychological factors too, because the suit is a part of Tony.

But why make him unwittingly the creator. Why not have him actually be the creator?

If Pym's there just to create the Ant Man tech then he won't have a big part, but the whole legacy aspect of that, creating the Ant Man tech -- leads me to believe Pym will somehow become just as big a part of the series as Lang.

Why? Why can't he just be a cool supporting character?

You're talking semantics. Divergences in timelines or anythin related to shifting of perception of time is not in the cards right now. They spelled it out for you already. They run the risk of convoluted plot-lines, which the time travel or time-related card commonly creates. Let Fox be the guinea pig for that stuff.

Gotta have some set ups before Infinity Gauntlet comes in, so that there are ways to undo the destruction Thanos will cause that are not completely deus ex machina ;)

That's exactly my point, Fox gets all the back and forth time travel.
We're stepping sideways through parallel dimesions that shift around the dark side of reality. The mirror verse almost, a dark parallel dimension where all choices/probabilities are reversed.
More about how this parallel path has existed since the dawn of time when light and dark matter entered the universe.
Limbo only connects to a dark, magical, parallel dimension. Not really time travel at all... Limbo, timelessness, and the Vanir realm and false Limbos created by Other, called Other place, that makes up Counter Earth, where High Evolutionary Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver would originally be from.. making their powers slightly more magical, although there could be an evolutionary aspect where genetics deviated different ways. Prophecies and viewing timelines from Knowwhere, but only stepping sideways through dimensional portals... Cracks in time/space and the mind/Cortex of Celestials connected to the infinite. The negative zone and dimensions between time. Wundagore and Counter Earth... Infinite probabilities. About the themes of death, and infinity.

Last edited:
But why make him unwittingly the creator. Why not have him actually be the creator?

Why? Why can't he just be a cool supporting character?

I think at the very least there will be some of the legacy themes, him passing the torch onto Lang. Not saying that wouldn't be cool, just that he wouldn't be in it much and I'm hoping for lots of Pym. TBH I'd just rather have Pym as AntMan over Lang, and don't really care who creates Ultron.
Although, I think all of them will have a hand in creating Ultron, he'll go through an "evolution", so that it's everyone's responsibility.
"We all create our own demons". In my idea, Ultron turned Pym into a ghost. And it's a lot harder for him to come back then Red Skull.

No time travel, no parallel universes. The ideas are creative and interesting, but way to confusing for one film.

Made by/of the Avengers.... Thor, tesseract, Iron Man, armor, Killian, Extremis, AIM, Hydra, SHIELD, Hydra weapons, Captain America, Red Skull's "death," Hugo Weaving won't return.... That all adds up to the Red Skull theory.

If they wanted to do a tie in from Cap---> IM,this would be a perfect story instead of Ultron:

Avengers_Annual_Vol_1_9.jpg

:word: :grin::applaud
The Avengers meet to discuss the threat of Arsenal. Exploring, Hawkeye and the Beast discover a hidden complex beneath Avengers Mansion, even as their teammates learn that Arsenal has been discovered to be a forgotten secret weapon developed during World War II by Project Tomorrow, which was headed by Tony Stark's industrialist father. The project was located beneath the Stark family townhouse, now Avengers Mansion, where a newly repaired Arsenal has now captured Hawkeye and the Beast, whom it believes to be Axis agents. Invading the underground base, the Avengers battle both Arsenal and Mistress, the computer guiding its actions, until Iron Man reaches the inner computer chamber and frees the two captives. He then informs Mistress that the war is over and that Howard Stark is dead. The computer, its personality based on Maria Stark's brain patterns, self-destructs, even as Thor and the Scarlet Witch finally defeat the robot.

That's my guess, too.
And if Thanos had the frickin' Prince of Darkness Himself as his right hand man in IG, I don't see a problem with thinking an entity as powerful as Chthon could be his henchman, either.

That was only because Thanos had the IG & Mephisto wanted it for himself.

When reading fan theories on this forum for A2 or Guardians or whatever, it's pretty easy to tell who has a basic knowledge of screenwriting/the characters and who doesn't.

Time travel is one of my favourite plot devices and while I'm disappointed it's not on the cards right now, some of the stuff come up with on here using it gives me a headache.

Certainly when I wrote it I assumed that they would use a combination of the past Thanos stories and that may mean what we see in Infinity this year. However, they are being very thoughtful in what they are putting into the books now and are, in some cases, looking to the books for inspiration whether that be in the form of plot or character development, etc.

It seems that the Age of Ultron series was designed with the Avengers film sequel in mind and NOT that Whedon decided to use the name afterwards.

Marvel Studios and Comics are definitely aware of what's going on in each other's areas and are working together.

I would love to see this at the end of A2:start (12:48)

[YT]9E4IVb-slCM[/YT]

Last edited:
Why don't you want to read it? It's a classic.

-The 'Builders' = The Celestials
-The IG cannot not be used in unison anymore.
- IMHO everything pales next to Jim Starlin (even though I like Annihilation).

Yep, just imagine that Ultron's daddy issue is now with the entire team of Avengers, and not with a character that hasn't been introduced to MCU yet.

So that means he'll be jealous of all their girlfriends & build multiple Jocastas? :cwink: :oldrazz:

What would be the point of that besides finding a way for Pym to not be the guy who created Ultron but then have him actually be the guy who created Ultron by way of a technicality?

Playing devil's advocate here: in the comics, even Hank Pym didn't know he created Ultron until later.

Pym had been tinkering with the robot in his lab, but never dreamed it would acquire sentience, let alone malevolence. Ultron-1 did a mindwipe on Pym and made him forget he created him.

Stark "unwittingly" created the Mandarin by making Killian what he was. Didn't they say he would "unwittingly" create Ultron?

It won't happen, but its fun to speculate nonsense.

Can Tony use his suits without Jarvis???

Believe me, I know, it's absurd. I'm just stirring the pot and thinking outside the box.

I think it's going to be something simple, like Stark is trying to upgrade Jarvis and it gets out of control. Honestly kind of boring and simplistic.

Suppose:

Arnim Zola builds a prototype AI for HYDRA some time during WWII and/or the Cold War era. Lames names it Ultron. Here's its purpose: it's a Sleeper, just like in the old Captain America comics. It's designed to become fully functional sometime in the future, after Red Skull has been recovered from the cosmos.

In the meantime, Zola himself puts his consciousness into a working AI and builds the android body he's famous for, and we saw in those plans in CATFA, so that he can be "immortal" after a fashion.

Cut to the present. Somewhere in the hidden recesses of CATWS and Thor:TDW, we learn that Red Skull *has* returned, resumed his rightful place at the (regenerated) head of a reborn HYDRA ("cut one head off, two more take its place"), and infiltrates SHIELD. It's largely through dark magic/"aether" that he's been summoned back to this plane.

Now armed with cosmic knowledge and power, and maybe a stray artifact or two, a la Loki in The Avengers, Red Skull and Android Zola can now activate Ultron, the Sleeper. But they still need advanced tech....

....the kind of tech that only Tony Stark can provide. He's built the Extremis/Bleeding Edge armor in between the events of IM3 and AoU, and now the suit has become biomechanical and literally inside him, as per the comics. Cue Zola's AI trojan-horsing JARVIS, taking over the Extremis Armor (and Iron Man himself), and rebuilding the suit as.....Ultron.

Hence the title sequence for AoU that was shown at SDCC: Iron Man literally transforms into Ultron. (Like I keep saying: *just like* in Bendis' Mighty Avengers storyline.)

So....Cap's indirectly involved in Ultron's creation. So is Thor. And Iron Man is *directly* involved.....but unwittingly, as Ultron's *victim,* instead of its *creator.*

all of that would suck.

Nice to see lokiD back.. er I mean TRM :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee