Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I am so glad for that newest Whedon interview today over on that "site not to be named" ...... said so many things I've wanted him to come out and say, especially about multi-studio crossovers. Hopefully his comments today will shut some of the fan-fiction up.

Man I am so glad for that newest Whedon interview today over on that "site not to be named" ...... said so many things I've wanted him to come out and say, especially about multi-studio crossovers. Hopefully his comments today will shut some of the fan-fiction up.

"We’re not going to see Pym and all the accoutrements."

THAT is the part I was looking for. Now we can put the whole Pym-in-AoU thing to rest.

"We’re not going to see Pym and all the accoutrements."

THAT is the part I was looking for. Now we can put the whole Pym-in-AoU thing to rest.

He also talked about Vision not being in this and how he won't be created by Ultron.

No multi-studio crossover? :(

"Obsessed?" :huh: It's like taking the Frankenstein novel and removing Dr. Frankenstein from the equation, and giving The Monster's creation over to Dracula instead; yet we're "obsessed" with Hank Pym? Okay.

I'll remember that when they declare that Vision is not the creation of Ultron, but was conceived by the union of a jukebox and a washing machine in a scrapyard instead. Then I get to go off on everybody who's "obsessed" with Ultron, right? :oldrazz:

Good luck with that, sir

It's not the same thing though because Frankenstein is a stand alone story so there is no need to deviate from the original like that. This is the MCU and as a result things are going to change from the comics. It does not make sense in the universe that they have established to bring in a character that the GA does not know and have him create Ultron. It would mean more to the GA if Iron Man is the creator. This is a change being made to suit the story not to arbitrarily mess with cannon. I'm saying this as someone who hated Iron Man 3 by the way not all change is good for the story, but Iron Man creating Ultron does make a lot of sense at this point.

So no Pym and no Vision, I would at least hope that Ultron get's an actual physical body.

So no Pym and no Vision, I would at least hope that Ultron get's an actual physical body.

He does ..... Feige said as much. Sounds like it'll be an evolution. He starts out as an A.I. of some kind and eventually finds his way into physical form.

No Vision. This means Vin Diesel is Thanos?! :D

Exactly! He wasn't a part, but I'd bet he will have some important reference or brief appearance. He won't be central to the plot, but you know he has to at least show up at some point.

I bet he doesn't.

I'm not worried about the no Vision part. Save him for another sequel.

What's wrong with the Oedipal complex? As long as it's kept relatively simple (he hated his creator and is attracted to his creator's love interest) then it's what distinguishes him from Skynet.

I like your answer. Lot simpler than myzz :oldrazz: (Gonna steal it) :hrt:

Actually guys ..... I think Ultron will be born from the brainwaves of an archeologist who was obsessed with tyrants and rulers from the past.
RmAVSbl.png

Sounds like an episode from the Twilight Zone. Can't remember what though.

Sounds like an episode from the Twilight Zone. Can't remember what though.

My comment was a reference to one of LokiD's crazy convoluted "insider" plot lines. He claimed the Mandarin we'd get to see in IM3 was a former archaeologist who studied history's greatest rulers and tyrants.

But he also apparently said completely different, accurate things to some posters through PMs that no one will post. Which makes no sense to me. Who the hell would post random speculative nonsense and then send 100% accurate insider information through PMs to people? What's the motive? Feels so cult-y.

It's not the same thing though because Frankenstein is a stand alone story so there is no need to deviate from the original like that. This is the MCU and as a result things are going to change from the comics. It does not make sense in the universe that they have established to bring in a character that the GA does not know and have him create Ultron. It would mean more to the GA if Iron Man is the creator. This is a change being made to suit the story not to arbitrarily mess with cannon. I'm saying this as someone who hated Iron Man 3 by the way not all change is good for the story, but Iron Man creating Ultron does make a lot of sense at this point.

You don't think it would make sense to bring in a character who is going to be fully fleshed out in his own movie just a few months after AoU? Heck, it'd build up mystery and interest in an obscure character who otherwise is going to be a very hard sell to general audiences.

And does it make sense to hand off the Dr. Frankenstein role to a guy that general audiences *don't* want to see as Dr. Frankenstein? Tony Stark is the golden boy ---- of the MCU, of the studio, of the fanbase. The creator of Ultron has traditionally always been a dark antihero role....Hank Pym is the ultimate failure to Tony Stark's ultimate success story. You think fans are going to want to see Stark fail on an apocalyptic scale?

1. Share this info, or can you not?

2. No Vision and no Ant-man. Thank God.

3. No multi-studio crossover, I never thought they would do that anyway. Even if adamantium and Wolverine would be cool in theory, in reality, too strange I think.

4. Vin for Thanos someone said. I´m fine with that. I would like for Thanos to be very tall and well, huge. I don´t mean Vin big, more like Shaquille O'Neal with the body of the Rock big lol :)
Ain´t no human gonna be bigger than Thanos.

Last edited:
And does it make sense to hand off the Dr. Frankenstein role to a guy that general audiences *don't* want to see as Dr. Frankenstein? Tony Stark is the golden boy ---- of the MCU, of the studio, of the fanbase. The creator of Ultron has traditionally always been a dark antihero role....Hank Pym is the ultimate failure to Tony Stark's ultimate success story. You think fans are going to want to see Stark fail on an apocalyptic scale?

Joss Whedon isn't about to literally rip off the characterization of Dr. Frankenstein. If Stark is indirectly responsible or "partially" responsible for Ultron's existence, why would the audience not want to see that?

We saw during IM3 how Stark's good intentions could possibly backfire (i.e. the suit attacking Pepper). It'll be something similar to that. Because remember, the guy is in some ways a little bit mentally off right now due to his experience in the Battle for New York. SHIELD and Stark are the two that know the rest of the Avengers well enough, that if Ultron is created he'll be able to tap into their previous knowledge.

Prediction: The Avengers will be unable to defeat Ultron until SW & QS join the team. Like any good evil AI, Ultron will probably know pretty much everything about the Avengers, their strengths and weaknesses, and what their strategies are, and he'll always be a few steps ahead. It is only when an unknown variable (the Maximoffs) enter the equation that he can be defeated. (For this reason, I also doubt that the Maximoffs are going to be Ultron's minions in some kind of MoE scheme. They will be a separate, parallel plot)

If the first film makes the argument that the Avengers must assemble, this film will make the case that they must evolve and adapt, and cannot remain static, thus setting up the rotating roster concept.

You don't think it would make sense to bring in a character who is going to be fully fleshed out in his own movie just a few months after AoU? Heck, it'd build up mystery and interest in an obscure character who otherwise is going to be a very hard sell to general audiences.

why not? he's leaving the franchise. makes it easier for the next guy to fill his shoes.

It depends on how they make him fail. I don´t want him crying like Pym tho. Sure Stark has had some issues that was good for the movies but I don´ want the hate to pour down orto get depressed whilst seeing the movie.

I don´t worry, I trust Whedon and Stark will not beat himself up like Pym and more ppl will be involved.

All iz cool

If they can't use the word 'Adamantium'. They could probably get around it by claiming Ultron built himself w/some unknown metal that's stronger than they ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"