The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weadazoid Registered

agreed it's strange over there on the Bat Boards .... I swear a post I made was deleated recently just because I put it out there that

6 months ago if the most poeple didn't think the Avengers was gonna come close to TDKR, and now it's the other way around and some people over there are acting kinda childish.

Now having said all that I don't have any doubts that the Bat will get close to 200 but I have trouble seeing it pull much past that numbers

it will have a monster Friday, but expect a tremendous Saturday and Sunday drop.

followed by strong legs for sure, it may even get close to 600 mill Domestic

#951 Weadazoid, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. TheVileOne Registered

Remember there was fervor over negative Avengers reviews as well. And that one writer who called Nick Fury by Nick Frost instead. People were calling for her head.

Honestly though as an online journalist, anonymous people on the internet are always going to get riled up easy and get all wonky. You just shouldn't take it personally. And if you can't take the heat from putting your opinion out there in the blogosphere then you need to get some thicker skin. If you can't handle it you aren't fit to be an online journalist.

3. Mysteryman Registered

So , when is the earliest we can expect the midnight figures?

4. Paladin-Hoss Registered

Yeah...but it's nowhere near as bad as recently with the bat jihaddists.There are jerks on every fandom, but these hardcore Nolanites makes 'em all looks like a well behaved girl scouts.

That's true to an extent. There has to be limits. if hundreds of people are telling you that they wanna rape you, kill you...then you got a right to be bothered by it. It's all in the scale.

5. Juicy J Registered

Everything I'm hearing from all my friends in Alabama, Florida, Boston, Minnesota... TDKR is apparently packing people to the brim in theaters. I keep getting texts from people who are overwhelmed with how crowded it is. If I had to place money on this, I'd say the Avengers OW record is going to be broken this weekend.

6. Mysteryman Registered

Variety is estimating a possible $178 million for TDKR.
    Who knows?
    maybe Redfirebird2008 will be able to return to the BOT Forums with the closest estimate .
    We shall see .

#956 Mysteryman, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  7. Paladin-Hoss Registered

I think most of us expected that TDKR will break TA opening weekends. The real test would be the next weekend though.

8. TheVileOne Registered

Did anyone actually say rape or kill though?

Again people were dying to see this movie, people worship Nolan and these movies, so why are they not surprised that fans are upset when a critic doesn't like it?

9. Paladin-Hoss Registered

yep!..gang rape..beating into a coma..kill...all that funstuff,

Like i said..it's the scale. I think the reviewers knows that they can expect some backlash...but not this kind of backlash. And you know it's more than the usual thing when the mainstream media picked up on it. Hell...even rottentomatoes acknowledged the severity of the situation, they now decided to turn off commenting for now.

Again,fans getting upset is one thing, but these Nolanites has made it into an art form. Comparing whiney fans to thse jerks is actually an insult.

10. bosef982 Registered

11. bosef982 Registered

Exactly, fanboys are fanboys and always get furious. Let's not act like Batman fans are any worse. If anything, I think these overzealous fanboys are motivated by the stakes of this being THE LAST batman film.

Either way, it's performing amazingly already, and will continue to do well into the weekend after next as those who avoided the insanity of this weekend flock out to see it.

12. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

i feel like posting on the TDKR board that The Punisher wouldve resolved the entire conflict in all 3 movies in about 10 minutes.

13. Paladin-Hoss Registered

LOL! couldn't agree with you more...

But posting that on the bat boards...not a good idea...

Not batman fans...Nolanites. Subtle difference. And they are the worse of the lot.
    they give the normal batfans bad name.

And why are you posting TDKR box office results on the Avengers board?

14. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

ugh i just had an hour long discussion with some chick who thinks comics should be more realistic and that bringing in the more comic booky characters of the Batman gallery would ruin the movies. oh and watching TDKR and enjoying it is of a higher level than The Avengers.

get the **** out of here.

i swear Nolan dicked us all in the end because of his uber realistic treatment. im glad The Avengers embraced it.

15. Xeno That's America's ass!

This is one of the most horrific things imaginable. The lunatic killed 14 people and wounded at least 50 more including babies and young children. My heart goes out to everyone injured and their families. Watching the coverage on CNN, I literally feel sick. Such an unbelievable tragedy.

16. BigThor God of Thunder

My heart goes out to the victims, there families, and everyone else involved.

#966 BigThor, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  17. Stark Bauer Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

what an idiot.

18. hatebox Registered

It makes no difference. I've said elsewhere how awful this is, I think we can take that as read.

19. Weadazoid Registered

It's a horrible thing ... the shooting incident .... Just takes a really twisted individual to do that

20. Raiden Wakanda Forever

"Most of us"? I think you're exaggerating things.

21. Paladin-Hoss Registered

^^ what do you mean? i think most people here knows how rabid the fanbase for the Batman franchise is, and the midnight opening, and most likely the weekend opening for TDKR would be huge.

I don't think there would be any doubt for that...

The doubt would be if TDKR would match TA total of almost one and a half billions..

22. Xeno That's America's ass!

I'm with Raiden. I don't expect TDKR to beat The Avengers' OW record. Could be wrong about that, of course, but I don't think I will be.

23. marcvader Lurker #1

The only record I expected for TDKR was the opening night one.

24. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I think TDKR has the opening day record in the bag, but to match TA's 207 mil with only 2D and longer running time, I just don't see it happening. I do expect TDKR to come close, though, possibly close to the 200 mil range.

25. Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

All of this. It reminds me of when I watched the Columbine incident unfold - my sister and her family live in Littleton, and my entire family relocated to Denver a few years ago.

I love Denver and the entire state of Colorado like it's my second home. For all intents and purposes it is. They are a resilient people though.

Is it wrong to wish a pox on Deadline/Nikki Finkke for her crass headline earlier this morning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.