The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious on what Battleship is tracking at. If we hit 100M or close to it that would be close to TDK's 52% drop, and in week 3 it dropped 43.2% which would put Avengers around 57M if it followed suit. In my book that's probably good enough to beat Battleship which I think will open to 55 or lower.

Lets hope audiences don't fall for Battleship.

Who would settle for Battleship after watching The Avengers. :doh:

Action-wise, pretty much every trailer attached to The Avengers looked really pathetic.

This movie is already at $800 million worldwide . . .

I mean . . . am I crazy thinking maybe $1.5 billion worldwide? Because I mean think about it, chances are it will make more than $400 million US at this point. Also Battleship isn't even a problem at this point. Nor is Dark Shadows.

And just think, soon it will be Memorial Day weekend and the movie will get another boost from the holiday.

$500 million domestic is already a lock, $600 million is the question. So then can it make around $800-900 million international, that's certainly possible.

Action wise, I don't see what Battleship could have that The Avengers doesn't already have, and likely does better.

Battleship will probably take Number 1 next weekend i mean they are marketing it crazy everywhere.

Battleship will probably take Number 1 next weekend i mean they are marketing it crazy everywhere.

After this week, we'll have a good idea how TA will perform in its third week of release, but right now I'm pretty confident that this movie will win three consecutive weeks. Battleship may be advertising the heck out of it, but I don't think the audience will bite.

After this week, we'll have a good idea how TA will perform in its third week of release, but right now I'm pretty confident that this movie will win three consecutive weeks. Battleship may be advertising the heck out of it, but I don't think the audience will bite.

I donno man, it looks dumb enough to sucker in a lot of people.

nah, Battle**** was removed from our cinemas for the Avengers, I don't think people liked it.

I said it before but I'm predicting The Avengers is going to be the highest-grossing movie of all-time and will top even Avatar by the time the Summer is over or at least the year. A billion dollars worldwide is guaranteed now, and it hasn't even opened in Japan yet where it's definitely going to rake in even more money. It might just be a hunch of mine but it doesn't seem like a big stretch it could very well top Avatar's record.

I said it before but I'm predicting The Avengers is going to be the highest-grossing movie of all-time and will top even Avatar by the time the Summer is over or at least the year. A billion dollars worldwide is guaranteed now, and it hasn't even opened in Japan yet where it's definitely going to rake in even more money. It might just be a hunch of mine but it doesn't seem like a big stretch it could very well top Avatar's record.

Dude I hope your're right. Just saw the movie for the 4th time again yesterday and even though the cinema isn't full, there's still a decent amount of people there.

I'll be seeing this again today with my girl. Come on people, let's get that second weekend $100 mil!!

I guess we'll see for sure by the end of the year but it can safely be assured it'll be in the top five of all-time for sure.

Action-wise, pretty much every trailer attached to The Avengers looked really pathetic.

Very true. The only trailer that got a reaction was the one for The Expendables 2. There was applause and cheering for that one, believe it or not. Even I liked it and agreed that we must see this thing when it comes out. The action looked sick and the dialog was cheesier than a Velveeta factory. "I now pronounce you man and knife!" I mean, jeez! It's gonna be great!

Guys, I have good news from Canada. You can see how many seats are reserved (payed for) for each showing in IMAX and AVX theatres. Dark Shadows IMAX which plays at 7:30pm has a total of 10 seats reserved. The Avengers IMAX which follows DS at 10:30pm is almost sold out except for the bad seats in the very front row, but the same thing happened on the first week. I looked at the non-IMAX theatres and the same thing is happening. I am thinking 100$ million for the 2nd week is a lock at this point, maybe even 120 million due to WOM.

I am not worried about DS, more for ppl being hoodwinked and bamboozled by Battleship. MIB3 should be interesting as well. I am not worried about Prometheus though, sadly. It is a niche picture but is sure to be amazing.

I see Avengers doing at best 7 weeks at #1, due to Brave being released on its 8th week. Brave is Pixar and it is pretty much LOTR pixarized. From then on, TA BO will drop immensely, as GI JOE 2 follows the next wk. In July TA may fade into obscurity as TDKR, ASM come out and then in Aug it will disappear completely when Expendables, Total Recall, and Bourne hit.

Last edited:
Who cares, by the time MIB3 and Prometheus come out, Avengers will have made most of its bank.

What is the estimate for Friday?

$28 million. Movie will basically be over $350 million after it's second domestic weekend. It will be really close to the $1 billion mark this weekend.

Movie will likely be biggest opening weekend ever, fastest to $200 million ever, fastest to $300 million ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"