The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 7

well BOM finally stopped counting. FINAL GROSS (1ST RUN)

Domestic: $623,357,910 41.2% + Foreign: $888,400,000 58.8% = Worldwide: $1,511,757,910

well BOM finally stopped counting. FINAL GROSS (1ST RUN)

Domestic: $623,357,910 41.2% + Foreign: $888,400,000 58.8% = Worldwide: $1,511,757,910

Blue Hero, MarvelKnight, MedinasWorks, Megaton Sun, Shadowlord X, Spider-Steve, WildcatNC should step up and take a bow. They all got the total on the nose. There was a lot of trolling and negativity from the naysayers, but time proved them right.

Blue Hero, MarvelKnight, MedinasWorks, Megaton Sun, Shadowlord X, Spider-Steve, WildcatNC should step up and take a bow. They all got the total on the nose. There was a lot of trolling and negativity from the naysayers, but time proved them right.

Here here!

The film out-grossed:

- Every Non-James Cameron film. Ever.
- Every comic book movie ever.
- The original X-Men trilogy combined
- Iron Man 1 & 2 combined
- Batman Begins and The Dark Knight combined.
- The entire Star Trek franchise combined.
- The entire Superman franchise combined.
- Any Marvel Studios film's worldwide gross based on domestic gross alone.
- Any Sony Spider-Man film's worldwide gross based on it's foreign gross alone.
- Hulk after 2 days.
- Daredevil after 1 day.
- The entire Blade trilogy after 3 days.
- Thor after 3 days.
- Green Lantern after 2 days.
- X-Men First Class after 3 days, and any X-Men film ever after 5.
- Captain America: The First Avenger after 3 days.

and grossed nearly as much as:

- The first two Spider-Man films combined.
- The first two Transformers films combined.
- All Four films that starred Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
- The entire Fast and Furious franchise.
- The entire Narnia Franchise.
- The entire Matrix Franchise.

And they did it all with characters that nay-sayers and Bitter Justice League fans called "B-listers" and "Second stringers", all while becoming one of very few Summer Blockbusters to achieve an approval rating higher than 90% and an average score equal to or higher than an 8/10 on Rotten tomatoes.

We witnessed history, boys and girls.

Last edited:
Coke and hookers for everyone at the Christmas party this year

ficked-up-45665520355.jpeg

Dude, that's sick. Diet Coke tastes terrible. ;)

Oh, and don't forget about the A+ Cinemascore. Though thats not all that rare i guess.

Last edited:
The film out-grossed:

- Every Non-James Cameron film. Ever.
- Every comic book movie ever.
- The original X-Men trilogy combined
- Iron Man 1 & 2 combined
- Batman Begins and The Dark Knight combined.
- The entire Star Trek franchise combined.
- The entire Superman franchise combined.
- Any Marvel Studios film's worldwide gross based on domestic gross alone.
- Any Sony Spider-Man film's worldwide gross based on it's foreign gross alone.
- Hulk after 2 days.
- Daredevil after 1 day.
- The entire Blade trilogy after 3 days.
- Thor after 3 days.
- Green Lantern after 2 days.
- X-Men First Class after 3 days, and any X-Men film ever after 5.
- Captain America: The First Avenger after 3 days.

and grossed nearly as much as:

- The first two Spider-Man films combined.
- The first two Transformers films combined.
- All Four films that starred Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
- The entire Fast and Furious franchise.
- The entire Narnia Franchise.
- The entire Matrix Franchise.

And they did it all with characters that nay-sayers and Bitter Justice League fans called "B-listers" and "Second stringers", all while becoming one of very few Summer Blockbusters to achieve an approval rating higher than 90% and an average score equal to or higher than an 8/10 on Rotten tomatoes.

We witnessed history, boys and girls.
Great post! And btw, I'm proud to have been a fan of this before it was mega popular. :p

Before the start of the summer, I was adamant that TDKR would end up making more than The Avengers.

But, I certainly know when I'm wrong, so props to all of you who were certain Avengers would come out on top. Well played, gentlemen. :up:

Welp. Avengers might be about to lose its OW record.

Furious 7 already surpassed Avengers as #3 of all time?

Are you asking if it has? No. Not yet at least.

Who would've expected that TA's WW and OW records will go down to the same company in the same year to two unlikely films, while it's much hyped sequel underperforms?

Who would've expected that TA's WW and OW records will go down to the same company in the same year to two unlikely films, while it's much hyped sequel underperforms?

I wouldn't consider Jurassic World an unlikely film. Seemed pretty obvious, the JP franchise is a SCIFI classic, arguably more "classic" or "historic" than the MCU.

I don't know a single person ( in my personal life) that didn't want to see this.

Its worldwide record hasn't gone down yet: Furious 7 is still $7 million behind.

Its worldwide record hasn't gone down yet: Furious 7 is still $7 million behind.

Fast 7 is tops now. Wow, Marvel hasn't been number one at the BO since Avengers. Every year when it looks like they will be, another movie comes along and dethrones it. 2013, IM3 got smashed WW by Frozen, and Dom by Catching Fire, and Thor TDW wasn't even in serious contention. 2014, the highest grosser for Marvel was GOTG, with CA TWS close behind, but WW, Transformers was number one and again, Katniss and American Sniper became tops domestic. This year, it's going to be JW being top domestic grosser, with possible Hunger Games coming in close behind, and lets not forget Star Wars coming at years end.

Was Marvel's Avengers just a fluke?

Fast 7 is tops now. Wow, Marvel hasn't been number one at the BO since Avengers. Every year when it looks like they will be, another movie comes along and dethrones it. 2013, IM3 got smashed WW by Frozen, and Dom by Catching Fire, and Thor TDW wasn't even in serious contention. 2014, the highest grosser for Marvel was GOTG, with CA TWS close behind, but WW, Transformers was number one and again, Katniss and American Sniper became tops domestic. This year, it's going to be JW being top domestic grosser, with possible Hunger Games coming in close behind, and lets not forget Star Wars coming at years end.

Was Marvel's Avengers just a fluke?

Not really, considering that every film that outperformed Marvel's best films were also extraordinary in their own right. Maybe not Transformers quality-wise, but that franchise had always been perplexing as a box office performer.

Oops, when I posted recently that Avengers was still ahead of Furious 7 worldwide, BOM had Furious 7 a bit behind Avengers but I guess they
were behind on updating their international numbers.

So Is Furious 7 ahead of Avengers or what? I heard F7 is at 1.520 but then the Box office sites have it at 1.511.

So Is Furious 7 ahead of Avengers or what? I heard F7 is at 1.520 but then the Box office sites have it at 1.511.

It's not ahead. Numbers.com Int'l total for F7 was based off a typo several weeks ago that was just recently fixed to match the official numbers released by Universal and what BOM had listed.

Jurassic World on the other hand will do so within the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"