The 'Back To The Future' Appreciation Thread - Part 2

It's one of the franchises that should and I hope will remain untouchable. It doesn't need any sequel / reboot / re-visit. Leave it in it's god-like state where it belongs.

It sounds like a sure fire flop. Again. Those cars might have been successful 30 years ago but outside a handful of nostalgia laden buyers, it won't sell.

They weren’t successful 30 years ago. It’s why John Z DeLorean had to sell cocaine to keep the company afloat. As for a new line, it will most definitely be successful, as DeLoreans have been going up in price, as people want them. It’ll be limited runs, it’s not like this will be produced with the same kind of numbers as an F150 or a Civic.

Definitely one of my favorite trilogies of all time. Infinitely rewatchable.
So much great stuff throughout the 3 movies. The music, the Delorean, the characters, the time jumps, the surprise element, the continuity... A blast from the past.

Reactions: CJ
What I meant is there was a chance they would have succeeded but that car was doomed before it ever began production so it never got very far.

Haha, Hardwick was pretty funny on Leno's car show, with the DeLorean all like "it even looks like it was designed over a big pile of coke. The stainless steel body's just so you can snort lines off it."

But yeah, BttF's not getting knocked off the near-perfect trilogy throne anytime soon. Even with the nitpicks like recasting, it's pretty much unassailable.

Hopefully the new DeLoreans will be better cars than the old ones. From what I've heard, they just weren't very good.

41316607_10215436608401118_881841199156035584_n.jpg

Something I just realized on rewatch. Doc sends Einstein one minute into the future. But from Einstein’s perspective, when gets to the future, he doesn’t meet an older Einstein. So how can Marty meet an older Marty when he goes into the future?

Something I just realized on rewatch. Doc sends Einstein one minute into the future. But from Einstein’s perspective, when gets to the future, he doesn’t meet an older Einstein. So how can Marty meet an older Marty when he goes into the future?
That's because Einstein was sent to the future, and never went back to the past. It was a one way trip. Marty can travel both to the past and the future, which is a different story/outcome. Since Doc only set the clock for 1min, it's not that noticeable on Einsteins end, but if Marty travels 30+ years in the future, as long as he travels back in time, he should return to his timeline, and live out a normal life. The only way he wouldn't, is if he was stuck in a timeline.

So again, the reason why Einstein didn't meet another Einstine, is because he only traveled one way. You'll only start to see other "selves" if you travel in different directions(past and future).

Sadly if they want a re-boot the only remaining time machine would be the steam train, unless Doc is alive and builds another one.

A re-make just seems out of the question. I can see some other film maker wanting to put their stamp on it and not honor the source material as they should.

Also bums me out that the entire thing now takes place in the past . . . . . Where's my hoverboard dammit? :mad:

Considering neither one is going to happen, the discussion is moot.

But yeah, where’s my dehydrated pizza?

Once I had this idea of a group of characters discovering time travel in the future and to celebrate the discovery they decide to travel back to 1984/1985 during filming of the original Back to the Future but they accidentally start changing little things and the entire film franchise could be in danger of disappearing completely. They might be even responsible for finally casting Michael J Fox, for example. A very meta take on time travel, where you can do things with iconic stuff from the movie but the whole point is that at the end of the day the films still stand on their own. A love letter to the trilogy.
I'm not a writer or anything but I found the concept like something that I'd be interested in seeing.

The only crossover I ever want to see

Also was listening to Back In Time on the running machine yesterday, definitely an underrated workout song.

I say a trilogy would be awesome... Doc would be great - they don’t even need to link it to the original as well, it’s time travel.. what if they were a scene where Doc sees Trump on screen and he says ‘Biff?’..
anyways - the 3rd ending with them going off into the sunset with a time machine so who’s to say Doc and his son don’t just happen to go on a tour of a different time line and we see the hijinx

Question is... what iconic device could they use that would rival the De lorean?

Crispin Glover still hates producer Bob Gale.

But has a good relationship with Robert Zemeckis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"