The 'Back To The Future' Appreciation Thread - Part 2

Because she only died in the timeline Doc never went back to 1885. When Doc first went, he picked up Clara at the train station, thus she never fell into the ravine.
Very correct.

Last time I watched part III, I noticed that when Doc and Marty are looking at the train depot map, you can see Clara in the background, waiting.

Yeah, but don't your coworkers just go outside for a toke until it's their turn on the pole again?
How dare you, all my dancers are clean!

Sobriety-wise. Not physically. Physically, they’re actually quite, quite filthy.

How dare you, all my dancers are clean!

Sobriety-wise. Not physically. Physically, they’re actually quite, quite filthy.

Don't have to tell me twice. Only a few lap dances later and my clothes still smell like 800 stepfathers.

I agree with the common opinion that Part III is overall the weakest in the trilogy but I still find it a great film and sequel. So sick and tired of only the first two films getting love in documentaries or videos. One of the best trilogies of all time with all 3 films being awesome!

The delorean time machine is still amazing and one of my favorite movie vehicles of all time! The inspired vehicle in Grand Theft Auto V is my main one..

IMG-e93a0c9b-c0db-4f53-a556-32e4ee2d8f61.png

IMG-7633605a-33d7-41f4-9be2-154a0e9eff12.png

IMG-80117d61-b1d7-4658-a40e-1e08eb25f741.png

IMG-bf6144b6-c1f4-48ea-ae14-fd68e93a88da.png

I agree with the common opinion that Part III is overall the weakest in the trilogy

Since when is that a common opinion?

I agree with the common opinion that Part III is overall the weakest in the trilogy

Since when is that a common opinion?

Based on people's rankings all over the internet and videos talking about the franchise.

It's usually all about Part I and II

3 was just fun.

Great character development for Marty too, realizing not everything has to be settled with a fight or that he has to defend his ego when someone calls him out his name.

Shame Elisabeth Shue only was in it for five minutes.

Hmm, I’ve honestly never known anybody to dog on part III.

Doc finds love, what's not to love?

Also, it's Christopher Lloyd one and only onscreen kiss. And Mary Steenburgen has great chemestry with Lloyd.

Most documentaries on the films and time machine delorean brush Part III to the side and just gush over the first two. If I'm wrong though then that's cool and I hope I am.

I thought some of you might find this interesting...

A few weeks before the UK went in to lockdown, I went to see Back to the Future: The Musical. I didn't go to the premier but apparently the first run is/was in Manchester (which I found a bit odd ha) but it was hugely enjoyable!

The cast are really good. The guy playing Marty is spot on. Doc Brown, I felt they made him a little more comedic but is fun to watch and the guy playing George is good too, he got a lot of the mannerisms down to a tee. Sadly, I think Biff was the weakest part - that is not to say he was bad per se but in comparison to how well everyone else filled the roles, he was just the weaker element IMO.

As you can imagine, been a stage show, it has to take some liberties with the story and whatnot, namely the skateboard scene but the replacement sequence is just as fun and there's a couple somewhat odd additional musical numbers but the core of the plot is there! The effects, especially the Delorean stuff is amazing, with 2 or 3 key scenes in particular been standout wow moments.

Overall it's just hugely enjoyable and I would definitely recommend it to any one who has the chance to see it.

Hmm nice. I'll look for vids on YouTube later

The goonies and back to the future. Josh Gad has good taste in old movies.

That was a blast. Just rewatched the first Back to the Future the other day, but now I'm in the mood to watch the last two, haha.

I think this was the first reunion with Elizabeth Shue involved, which was nice to see. Too bad that Claudia Wells "couldn't make it" until the very end.

Based on people's rankings all over the internet and videos talking about the franchise.

It's usually all about Part I and II
Part III is better in my opinion. Part II is front loaded and the second half revisits the first, which is a bit lame honestly .

“...to ride this train”

It’s crazy how Huey wrote that lyric in 1985 all for it all to come fruition on the sequels, ha. I can’t believe I just connected those dots after a million viewings and listening to that song so many times.

Part III is better in my opinion. Part II is front loaded and the second half revisits the first, which is a bit lame honestly .
The first one couldn't be topped but Part II will always hold a special place in my heart because the future scenes were my favorite part of the trilogy when I was a kid. It's a bit bizarre to watch now since 2015 was five years ago but it doesn't take away any enjoyment for me. I do agree that revisiting the events of the first one was a bit lame though.

I like Part III more now than I did when I was a kid for the same reason I wasn't too crazy about it when I was younger: it's different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"