THE BATMOBILE THREAD

I don't think you can go by the toys...
otherwise according to this one, the whole roof opens up lol
View attachment 55026
That didn't stop people are arguing in the lead-up that the car had regular side doors. :funny:

I think the car does have a door, despite not having a traditional handle (but what Batmobile does? :funny:) This pic shows a break in the side panel near the front of the side window that looks like where the door would hinge:

View attachment 55027
I see what you are saying and that was a common point of discussion before the movie came out, but the Batmobile special feature makes it pretty clear to me that the door panels are welded shut. Reeves and others are shown having to enter the car through the window and and inside shots of the car suggest that it is not a door as equipment like nitrious tanks are built into side panel:
upload_2022-4-19_23-23-7.pngupload_2022-4-19_23-24-5.png
You can see the nitrious built into the driver side door. You can also see that the car has a stunt/racing roll cage blocking the door panel, which I think settles it. Before someone asks, these shots are of the hero car and the second screenshot is from when the crew is discussing the design of the interior of the car. It's not a stunt car.

all that detail they put into the interior of the car, and we never even really got a good clear shot of it in the movie

but we're also talking real world/practicability function of the car vs in movie functionality

if there is a scene in any future movies that require the doors to open for any reason, I'm sure they'll make a version of the car with opening doors for that shot
(an were just supports to believe its the same car)

Easily my favourite Batmobile since the the Burton films. A real car and not a military hi-tech vehicle with guns and stuff, and still has a unique design. Love the franken-parts body design with the distinguish iconic late 60s Dodge Challenger roof line. As mentioned above, we don't see much of all the well built interior, but hopefully more of that in the sequel. Interesting as well that it actually seems to have two engines.

Also cool that Bruce - who could be driving super exclusive Italian, German etc sportscars - drives a -63 Corvette Stingray split window (not that these are cheap anyway these days lol).

Just a thought.

Technically the Batmobile is defined as a car belonging and used by Batman, which is a fictional character. So, just as Robert Pattinson is an actor and not really Batman, that means that the cars they've build to play the role of Batmobile in the movies are not batmobiles, no mater how functional and specifically made for the part they may be.

A pretty useless thought by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"