THE BATMOBILE THREAD

It’s ironic that this version has gone over so well. I recall initially, some were underwhelmed.
Because it's so different than the previous, just like almost everything else Reeves did in the movie. But just like the batsuit, it still feature the classic concept with a gothic/twisted vision of a great filmaker.

It’s ironic that this version has gone over so well. I recall initially, some were underwhelmed.

Honestly my only real complaint I had (which I do still kinda have) is just how exposed the engine is. Get some armor plating around it, with the afterburner funnel sticking out and that batmobile is a solid 10/10

About the Batmobile:

Tumbler was a military support vehicle prototype built by the Wayne Enterprises using possibly it's full R&D dept in this regard.

For The Batman's Batmobile, James Chinlund (Production Designer for the movie) revealed he received very clear and specific instructions from Reeves this "initial" car should look like a vehicle Bruce built himself, basically only using his money alone and machinery he himself acquired from bits or parts of others and put together on his own garage (the prequel comics do display this Bruce's affinity engineering these cars).

Reeves was precise to point the car should not resemble as if Bruce is already making use of Wayne Enterprises resources or accessing their full technology to his disposal "yet".

According to Chinlund, the whole cinematic tone of Reeves' take on year two of Bruce Wayne (played by Robert Pattinson) being Gotham City's Dark Knight started with first nailing down the style of the Batmobile.

"We loved the idea that Bruce was a gear head," (...)

"Often Batman is dependent on Wayne Industries and is almost like a James Bond-type"

"We were really excited about Bruce getting some dirt under his fingernails."

This idea made Pattinson's Batmobile the least flashy in the history of the franchise.

"It isn't a tank or a futuristic machine, it's a car," Chinlund said of their Batmobile. "At this point in Bruce's journey, it felt appropriate that he would be in the shop tearing apart other cars and repurposing them."

"There's a lot of talk that it's a Dodge Charger," said Chinlund, who admits they didn't really have a model as an inspiration. "It was more the idea of Frankensteining from things that Bruce had around."

And yes, the Batmobile will evolve (as Bruce now will start accessing Wayne Enterprises):
Chinlund said if there's a sequel to "The Batman" the Batmobile will certainly get supped up more.

"Our Batmobile is mission-specific, so I think every visual decision we made on the film came back to the story: What is Bruce trying to do, and why does he need this thing?" Chinlund said. "I think going forward with the design of the car it's what challenges lay ahead for Batman and what changes will he need. I think we expect the Batmobile to evolve along with his mission."

As a matter of curiosity, Rob did alot of the Batmobile stunts himself:
Chinlund said despite stunt drivers being involved in the production, Pattinson also did a lot of the driving in the Batmobile.

"Rob put it through its paces," he said. "He was there working it out for sure. He got it to some top speeds. He was heavily involved in his stunt driving work."

Production designer of 'The Batman' says new Batmobile needed to feel like Bruce Wayne built it himself]

The chase is phenomenal, but I think Reeves could used some clearer shots. The rainy atmosphere and the closer shots made it difficult to follow the scene at some points.

Got to admit, when I first saw the pictures of the batmobile I was underwhelmed, but seeing it in action I totally get it now and probably my favourite since 89. Top three batmaobile 66, 89 and this one.

This is my favorite live action batmobile by far. Better than the Burton version and definitely the Tumbler.

Oh and after watching that chase scene, in reality The Penguin would most certainly die in that car crash scene. Nobody could have survived that in real life. But since this is a Batman movie and he doesn’t “kill”, he survived.

The chase is phenomenal, but I think Reeves could used some clearer shots. The rainy atmosphere and the closer shots made it difficult to follow the scene at some points.

I just wish he had cut to a couple wide-shots during it. It would've better communicated the geography of the chase.

Watching the special features, I was right, the doors are welded shut. You have to crawl in through the window (at least in real life). Does anyone remember if they ever depict an open door in the movie?

Watching the special features, I was right, the doors are welded shut. You have to crawl in through the window (at least in real life). Does anyone remember if they ever depict an open door in the movie?

Not as far as I recall. Maybe in the scene where Batman walks towards Penguin? But I don't remember seeing an open door there

Not as far as I recall. Maybe in the scene where Batman walks towards Penguin? But I don't remember seeing an open door there
The door feature might just be a toy thing. Watching the rest of the Batmobile feature, it looks pretty clear like it is not meant to be a door. There is a nitrous tank and everything built into the "door" panel in the hero car.

The door feature might just be a toy thing. Watching the rest of the Batmobile feature, it looks pretty clear like it is not meant to be a door. There is a nitrous tank and everything built into the "door" panel in the hero car.

I will admit though, the idea of Batman trying to cram big boi Oz into the passenger seat via the window is amusing to say the least :funny:

so, does he just pull a, dukes of hazzard, move to get in an out of the car each time?

I will admit though, the idea of Batman trying to cram big boi Oz into the passenger seat via the window is amusing to say the least :funny:
I assume they brought Oz in Gordon's car. :funny:

There really isn't space for Oz in the passenger seat anyways.

I don't think you can go by the toys...
otherwise according to this one, the whole roof opens up lol
upload_2022-4-19_18-16-27.png

I think the car does have a door, despite not having a traditional handle (but what Batmobile does? :funny:) This pic shows a break in the side panel near the front of the side window that looks like where the door would hinge:

dqe93jghyr281.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"