BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I would rather we didn't get a detailed explanation. If Batman takes a bullet, and we see the mushroomed lead buried in the fibres of his suit, that's quite sufficient.

The suit itself does not actually need to have armour under fabric or anything of the like. It just needs to look relatively sturdy. The "incorporated" suit does that we'll, in my opinion.

I would rather we didn't get a detailed explanation. If Batman takes a bullet, and we see the mushroomed lead buried in the fibres of his suit, that's quite sufficient.

The suit itself does not actually need to have armour under fabric or anything of the like. It just needs to look relatively sturdy. The "incorporated" suit does that we'll, in my opinion.

Or just a quick comment from Superman commenting on Batman being bullet proof too, but in his own way.

Just going to leave this here, apparently it was done by Steve Scott who did concept art for The Dark Knight Trilogy, but it's unknown if this is official concept art for the new film or not.
affleck-batman-art.jpg

If it was we probably wouldn't be seeing it this soon. Unless it was from the rejected pile

It does look like Ben.

I don't mind it, but it's too close to the TDKT suits. I'm thinking this is an early or rejected draft.

I don't think he did concepts for The Dark Knight Trilogy, I think he worked on a comic adaptation for The Dark Knight.

But I don't know. It's confusing.

But yes, that's too close to the Bale suit.

It's better than the TDK(R) suits, because the legs are less busy, the cowl appears to be slimmed down (the human ears protrude rather than being submerged in the "wall" of the helmet), and you can see the chest symbol.

That said, it does feel like yet more of the same thing, with many of the same failures. I hope we get something different.

I personally doubt that's what the actual final suit will look like, I doubt they'd do something so similar to the design of the suit we had in the last two Bat-films, though I do hope it means they're considering the use of grey and playing around with the idea changing the color of the bat symbol.

If the grey is monocrome, however, there isn't much point in it. The TDK(R) suit was kind of a dull, nondescript, off-black.

It's got the wing of TDKT logo at the back of Bruce...

Nothing to do with this film.

so lets say he will wear some kind material which is bullet and knife proof all it needs is a bit of texture so it wont look like a normal shirt and makes it look less cheap for a movie?

It's got the wing of TDKT logo at the back of Bruce...

Nothing to do with this film.

Doesn't it say "Ben wants no bat nipples" at the bottom? That would suggest it's a recent concept, but rejected maybe.

so lets say he will wear some kind material which is bullet and knife proof all it needs is a bit of texture so it wont look like a normal shirt and makes it look less cheap for a movie?

What the hell are you talking about?

It sounds like Ben is influencing the choices, including choice of costume. That implies some creative control :)

That looks like black rubber and like Bale's suit. The need to just scrap this thought process and give us something new. Also hate that's it's pretty much a cross between Batman Beyond and Bale. Need to start edging toward the Arkham Games series.

It sounds like Ben is influencing the choices, including choice of costume. That implies some creative control :)

The 'Ben' may refer to Ben Abernathy, former DC Comics Editor.

I have a feeling this is simply Steve Scott (who's a comic book artist, NOT a film concept artist) trolling us.

For ****s and giggles.

Not a fan of the Bat symbol's wings up at that angle. The size is good though. Anything bigger then TDK costume's symbol.

It looks like a really lazy effort to be honest, if that were in the movie. It just looks like they took the Bale suit and painted the logo a different colour this time round and called it a day. We better not get a Bale suit variant and Hans Zimmer just changing a few notes on his TDK trilogy theme.

It looks like a really lazy effort to be honest, if that were in the movie. It just looks like they took the Bale suit and painted the logo a different colour this time round and called it a day. We better not get a Bale suit variant and Hans Zimmer just changing a few notes on his TDK trilogy theme.

We won't get that. It's just a comic artist having some fun with us.

Doesn't it say "Ben wants no bat nipples" at the bottom? That would suggest it's a recent concept, but rejected maybe.

Missed that lol

But I'm just curious as to why part of TDKT logo is there :hmm

Also, it's on the belt.

I think this confirms that Ben was cast last year or early this year....when WB thought JL was happening. The designer had no idea about the new logo, obviously.

Last edited:
Just going to leave this here, apparently it was done by Steve Scott who did concept art for The Dark Knight Trilogy, but it's unknown if this is official concept art for the new film or not.
affleck-batman-art.jpg

I want longer ears on the batsuit. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"