• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Dark Knight The Dark Knight@ Showest 3/13/08

Not very likely that there'd be a bootleg. The security there is like Ft. Knox, gets crazier every year because you get fans without passes trying to infiltrate screenings and stuff. No cameras or cell phones allowed most of the time. For TDK im betting there would be dudes with metal detectors and patting people down and stuff. A friend of mine got his camera confiscated for basically no reason one year. hehe.

I'd rather my first time be in a theater than at home with crappy quality.

well i was talking about with scenes if they were just showing them, i wouldnt want to watch the whole film either, unless im in the theater

Not very likely that there'd be a bootleg. The security there is like Ft. Knox, gets crazier every year because you get fans without passes trying to infiltrate screenings and stuff. No cameras or cell phones allowed most of the time. For TDK im betting there would be dudes with metal detectors and patting people down and stuff. A friend of mine got his camera confiscated for basically no reason one year. hehe.

I won't be surprised if they do cavity searches for this one...

I won't be surprised if they do cavity searches for this one...

I've already been probed enough this year so I wont be trying any funny business! Descriptions will be everywhere though I'm sure

Wait, would the editing even be done for this by then? Why the hell would there be a preview showing so early?

Ok, no way are they showing the whole film for quite a few reasons, why would they show such a highly anticipated movie, months, not weeks, months before release, the whole plot would be leaked and who'd go see it then. Secondly i doubt it's even completely finished being edited yet, most big films don't get finished till a few weeks before their release dates, and then there's the score and everything to be put on. Most likely, it'll be a finished scene for the people there and a new trailer that we'll all get with 10,000 years bc.

Oh God....

if they're f***ing test screening it :csad:

Guys, this is not good news.:csad:

What is the point of this. We already got the freakin first 6 minutes of the movie, now they want to show us the whole movie 5 months before it comes out? (probably without editing) This is kinda pointless and stupid. If someone comes on here from vegas to spoil the whole movie for us then im gonna be pissed!

What is the point of this. We already got the freakin first 6 minutes of the movie, now they want to show us the whole movie 5 months before it comes out? (probably without editing) This is kinda pointless and stupid

It's so people can see it, complain about it (OMGZzz tehy made heef leger 2EVIL hes ded show sum respekt) and then they force Nolan to change it.

Look to Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven for the best example of the evils of test screenings.

It's so people can see it, complain about it (OMGZzz tehy made heef leger 2EVIL hes ded show sum respekt) and then they force Nolan to change it.

Look to Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven for the best example of the evils of test screenings.
If WB was going to force Nolan to do a test screening, it would have been for BB since he was an unproven action blockbuster director. Not for TDK, which is one of the most anticipated movies this summer.

It's probably going to be some footage they're going to show, like they did for SR last year.

What?! No freaking way

If WB was going to force Nolan to do a test screening, it would have been for BB since he was an unproven action blockbuster director. Not for TDK, which is one of the most anticipated movies this summer.

It's probably going to be some footage they're going to show, like they did for SR last year.

Well, I hope so.

I'm worried Heath's death has scared WB into it.

Oh God....

even if this movie was a massive failure on every level, they wouldn't test screen it- it's still a guaranteed hit. test screenings are usually for comedies or films that the studios are really iffy about, i.e., indie stuff....i really, really, really doubt tdk would ever be test-screened. they didn't test screen spiderman 3, as far as i know, and look at how that one uh...turned out....and i really think that this showest thing will be just like WW, a little highlight reel and a Q&A....it doesn't make sense for WB to let hundreds of people see their big cash cow for free.

Oh God....

They test screened Begins, too, before all the big effects (like the train wreck) were complete. That film turned out OK...

There are all kinds of reasons for test screenings. One is to generate buzz. Another is to appease big executive egos. (Begins was screened because the bigwigs were kinda nervous about making another Batman and Robin bomb. Of course, the Schumacher films actually had nothing to do with Begins since it was made with a whole new crew, but the execs were nervous anyway.) Sometimes films are screened to orient the marketing people, give them a handle on what they have to sell.

Having a test screening does NOT signal 'bad news' or desperation or anything else. Such things may be going on (though I really doubt it in this case), but having a test screening does not automatically signal that.

Considering what is already known about this film, chances of it being a bomb hover somewhere around zero. It will at worst be one of the summer's better films.

BTW, I do NOT actually think this will be a test screening. I think this one is another long preview, with the creators and some cast present and doing Q&A.

I'm somewhat familiar with ShoWest, so I'm sure they will not show the whole movie like you would see in theater on July. More like some clips or whatever. Kinda like showing some clips at Comic Con.

Ummmm, no. Test's are usually given to movies that they are confident for *especially this far in advance IF they do show the whole movie (doubtful)*. And if WB is confident enough to show that movie in advance that means good, especially with such a crucial big Blockbuster for WB.

I say don't worry, Nolan is not the type that changes things, or will let it happen.

People are not in arms anymore about Heath's death. A lot of the sorrow has worn off with the general public. And the family wants it to go forward as planned.

I have no worries what so ever.

They test screened Begins, too, before all the big effects (like the train wreck) were complete. That film turned out OK...
I'm sure they screen all movies secretly, but I highly doubt they'd advertise a public screening at Showest for a movie as big as this.

I'm sure they screen all movies secretly, but I highly doubt they'd advertise a public screening at Showest for a movie as big as this.

Yes, you're quite right. I added a note to my post to that effect. Any screenings of TDK would be private, invitation-only deals.

I think its actually entirely possible that they show the whole movie. I got to see Matrix Revolutions 3.5 months before it came out because the Wachowskis used to babysit my friend.

test screening happens all the time. and who says it's an actual test screeing anyway?

I doubt they would publicize a test screening - especially for this movie considering all of the efforts Nolan and Co. have taken to keep things secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"