The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Teaser Poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it. Beautiful design. Love the bat symbol being made into a smiley.

I can see how some here are unsatisfied after going through the whole game, but just as a teaser poster, it's really nice. Much better than just a silhouette of the Joker.

coming from a non-batman fan
but some one who was impressed with batman begins
this is a pretty sweet poster

God, some people are angry souls.

This movie is following the same standard marketing pattern that every movie of its kind does. No more, no less. This viral stuff is supplementary time-killers.

Maybe the ultimate lesson people should be taking away is "Don't spend so much time on the internet." You'd be unaware of these "false promises" and you'd receive all the traditional marketing - including posters, promo pics, and trailers - when the rest of the world does. All of this stuff is going to be released anyway, in due time. If you choose to go above and beyond (running around picking up cakes) in an attempt to get it early, that's your choice.

Have you heard of a movie called Iron Man? Those fans are getting everything but a BJ and I hear that's coming in March.

10? Come on, guys; grow up and exert you independence. 10? For a brick wall and a bit or mock-spray paint? You're being insulted.

God, some people are angry souls.

This movie is following the same standard marketing pattern that every movie of its kind does. No more, no less. This viral stuff is supplementary time-killers.

Maybe the ultimate lesson people should be taking away is "Don't spend so much time on the internet." You'd be unaware of these "false promises" and you'd receive all the traditional marketing - including posters, promo pics, and trailers - when the rest of the world does. All of this stuff is going to be released anyway, in due time. If you choose to go above and beyond (running around picking up cakes) in an attempt to get it early, that's your choice.

Hey guess what if it wasn't for US spending Too much time on the internet, then you wouldn't have this poster.... maybe you should be more appreciative, towards us that got you guys this stuff.

When it would cost me MORE in gas money to go pick up a "FREE" ticket then to just buy it then something is seriously WRONG....... and guess what I drove to pick up a cake today.... a cake of LIES

Uh, get over yourself you flippin martyr. LOTS of us got dressed up and took pictures. LOT of us spent time here solving the puzzles. LOT of us did it not just you and some of your sour-ass friends.

The WB didn't have to do ANY of this. It was a fun way to pass the time.That is ALL it was meant to be! Until the teaser poster was released. W/ or W/O the campaign the teaser would NOT have been released any sooner.

It would be better if they did something with Shadows, i did one last year before we had any pics, it was just shadows, a jail cell and a joker card taped to the wall with some blood on it. Didn't show or give away anything (it couldnt since we didnt know anything) but it gave a good impression.

It is the first thing from the entire movie, official or otherwise I dislike; in fact the more I look at it the more I dislike it.

Remember the first teaser for Begins? All black save a white shaft of light in the cave with a solem looking Bats, that is still framed and hanging on my wall.

I still wonder what the brickwall means?

Is it some symbolizing for the walls we put up in our minds to isolate us from the world around us that has forced us to be so cold and numb?

Or is it representing the madness of wanting to beautify the bland world around us in a way that may seem sick and insane to others?

all this lag for that...

:down

...and it's nowhere near good...

I could care less, it's a Teaser poster. What were people expecting for a teaser poster?? Batman and Joker facing off??

No, Where did i say that ? you love it, that's fine but others don't just accept it.

How does a poster with a guy looking like he is about to cry among a canned shot of the clouds. This poster smokes it.

B/c it's a great iconic shot with superb, moody lighting and this one looks like a 5 year old went ape**** on a wall with his pen set.

The poster is o.k to me. Not great, but o.k.

I do agree that the 'Why So serious?' tag; the general public is not gonna get it. They'll get the Batman sign, but not what the tagline has to do with TDK.....

Hey guess what if it wasn't for US spending Too much time on the internet, then you wouldn't have this poster.... maybe you should be more appreciative, towards us that got you guys this stuff.

Actually, he is included in that "US" as well as the fact that we would have gotten it eventually even if all these newbs never spammed the boards anyways.

I gave it a 7. Unlike what many others have said, if I was in a movie theater, It'd catch my attention I'd look at it, and walk away. It's nothing special but it isn't bad.

Have you heard of a movie called Iron Man? Those fans are getting everything but a BJ and I hear that's coming in March.

Actually a couple of people won a contest on the IRON MAN site and are receiving BJs from Robert Downey Jr. sooooooo.

Better question: Is the general public gonna know what the heck that is?
Well, from a distance it looks like 2 black eyes and a big red grin, then from up close it looks like a bat symbol that says "The Dark Knight" under it. So yea, I'm sure they will. :dry:

onesheet.jpg

85w24oz.jpg
I like this one better than bat-***** begins. :o :brucebat:

10? Come on, guys; grow up and exert you independence. 10? For a brick wall and a bit or mock-spray paint? You're being insulted.

Insulted? be glad you're getting anything at all.

how can u like that, i honestly thought it was lame as hell.....

It is what it is.

But what's with the freaking eye makeup?

Uh, get over yourself you flippin martyr. LOTS of us got dressed up and took pictures. LOT of us spent time here solving the puzzles. LOT of us did it not just you and some of your sour-ass friends.

The WB didn't have to do ANY of this. It was a fun way to pass the time.That is ALL it was meant to be! Until the teaser poster was released. W/ or W/O the campaign the teaser would NOT have been released any sooner.

OH yes listen to how much FUN everyone is having..... cant you hear it ..... its a blast.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I would've "gotten" this poster in a matter of days, anyway. It'll be in theatres everywhere, and all over the internet.

I appreciate everyone's hard work, but no one held a gun to your head. These are supposed to be fun, not life and death situations. WB figured instead of releasing this stuff straight to the media, they'd let us play along. But they'd release it regardless. It's not like if people didn't go out and get the cakes, this poster would be buried in a vault somewhere and never be seen again.

Let me guess you would have made a wicked cool poster with a joker card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"