The Flash The Flash 1x12 Promo "Crazy for You

That was a surprisingly contrived way of getting Barry to sing. Still hope that they do a musical episode in a few seasons.

What's so contrived about karaoke? It's pretty common.

This was a solid episode. The hilight being the stuff with Barry and his dad. The meta of the week was servicable but not very note worthy. But we did have more Hartley so that makes up for it in that dept. And notice(people who were making excuses for when the cops didn't clip Cold and Heatwave two episodes back) that those same cops didn't hesitate at all to unload on some basic, non-powered, non-supervillain gangsters so the argument/explanation that the CCPD just doesn't use such harsh tactics goes out the window.

All in all a 7.5/10

That was quite literally what I said after the episode ended with MOTHA****ING GRODD!

And I already said this, but the scene between Barry and his dad was so freakin perfect, having a show that can give us a scene as great as that and immediately follow it up with a Grodd tease that menacing is just amazing.

So Grodd's like a velociraptor from the opening of JP1 now. Got it.

Nice to have an ep where Caitlin can finally show off more of her chops. I knew she had it in her. :funny: That part with Barry and his dad... SO GOOD. :hrt:

I can basically sum up most of my reaction to this episode with "awww Caitlin" :funny: Love the stinger, I'm curious to see how he'll look without the shadows though.

Oh man absolutely loved this episode. And Grodd. Yes please, more.

Another quality episode, I really liked the scenes with Barry and Caitlin and Cisco and Hartley, as well as Barry's dad getting a chance to help out and their conversation within a conversation in the prison hospital.

That end tease of Grodd was dynamite!!!! :wow: :woot:

10/10. This show is so good.

tumblr_lh9nzj16WN1qe9ns0.gif

One thing I didn't like tho is hinting at possible Barry and Caitlin romance. Oh god why? Get that pairings **** outta here. I swear if they ruin Flash for me like they did arrow with olicity bull.. Imma just hulk out.

Caitlin has really grown on me. Going to suck when she turns into frost...

Caitlin Snow and Slade Wilson; the two characters of the CW-DCU that I find to be freaking tragic given on how much I like(d) them when they were (are) playing on the good side.

Caitlin Snow and Slade Wilson; the two characters of the CW-DCU that I find to be freaking tragic given on how much I like(d) them when they were (are) playing on the good side.

I just hope she's handled better than Slade whenever she has to turn evil.

They had to remind us of Glee. :o
I laughed at the scene.

Man, this show.
This show.
I love it.

Between Grodd, RF, The Rogues and upcoming time travel, We're pretty much in full on comic book mode. It's great.

I liked all of this episode. So packed.
The stuff with Cisco and Pied Piper was good. The stuff with Barry and Caitlin was good. Barry and his dad. Iris getting the picture was nice. And I like the slow Grodd reveal. I was expecting a hidden or obscured Grodd at least at first because it's just smart.
A freakin' rampaging intelligent gorilla is gonna be quite newsworthy. Even amongst super powers.

The one thing that I kind of find strange is how Eddie and Iris have seemingly forgotten the anger/beef that they had with the Flash at the end of "Flash vs Arrow" when Flash had attacked Eddie.

I mean you would think that Eddie would have a grudge against him, especially when he got assigned a task force to hunt him done. And Iris told the Flash to stay out of her life.

And yet, here we are now where Eddie is now a fan of the Flash and where we see no residual traces of Iris's disdain for him.

The one thing that I kind of find strange is how Eddie and Iris have seemingly forgotten the anger/beef that they had with the Flash at the end of "Flash vs Arrow" when Flash had attacked Eddie.

I mean you would think that Eddie would have a grudge against him, especially when he got assigned a task force to hunt him done. And Iris told the Flash to stay out of her life.

And yet, here we are now where Eddie is now a fan of the Flash and where we see no residual traces of Iris's disdain for him.

It seems like most of what happened in that crossover has been forgotten. Arrow isn't really referencing any of it either.

Rewatch episode 9. Eddie knows that Flash saved him, and Joe calls him a hero. You can see Eddie's opinion starting to change there, and it fully flips after watching Flash take on the Rogues, which is why he saves him.

I loved this episode, Caitlin was adorable, Cisco was a badass (dat Vibe reference), Piper continues to amuse, Peek-a-Boo was flat, but her powers looked amazing and it seemed like a nice intro for a character with potential. Barry and his dad were great, too. I don't know how I feel about Linda, though I'm predisposed to like her because I love the Malese Jow's character from the Vampire Diaries (though I'd rather keep my teen love triangles in that show and not this one). Iris meh.

I really hope that this show can learn from Arrow that pushing comic book canon is not always the way forward. Caitlin is awesome, and I get that she's supposed to become Killer Frost, but I really hope that they don't just do a Slade and have her go crazy, especially since they won't have Mirakuru as a (weak) excuse for lazy writing.

Honestly, I hope they go for a more Plastique-like route where she starts off dangerous because of her need for heat (I believe that's her power/problem, she is constantly cold and needs to syphon heat). That would also allow Firestorm to be the solution, since he's a constant source of heat (another comic book arc, I think). Basically, I don't want her to go evil just for canon. If they can find a good reason and they can earn it, maybe, but otherwise it just feels contrived.

10/10, although this includes a 2 or 3 point Grodd bonus.

I did notice one thing, STAR Labs's meta-human prison sucks. Seriously, the "cells" are like the size of your average closet and they don't seem to have beds, toilets, running water, or any of the other things that actual prison cells tend to have. Heck Pied Piper was apparently just sitting in a chair the whole time. Are they really going to keep metahumans locked up under those conditions indefinitely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"