The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the time wraiths, thought they were a fun addition and a cool way to create Black Flash and add to the danger of time travel.

Last edited:
tumblr_nxnj3txeji1qjfji0o1_500.gif
tumblr_nxnj3txeji1qjfji0o6_500.gif

What is that from?

I forget how epic this show can be, because of all the soap opera elements, but then I see that GIF of Flash throwing lightning...and I fall in love all over again with this show.

I was way, way behind on S2 and only recently finished up watching them. I knew the general plot outline before doing so, couldn't stop myself from reading spoilers. Anyway.

I hope the Time Wraiths never appear again. After seeing them save Barry's hide in the finale, it struck me just how blatant a plot device they were, how their behaviour was "whatever the writers need for this situation" and there was no consistency to them whatsoever. To wit:

• Barry first supposedly attracts their attention when he travels back to learn from Thawne/Wells. This despite the fact he has no intention of changing history.
  • But Thawne had been stuck in the past, after making (from his POV) a monumental change in the timeline, and the Wraiths never pursued him. His reason: "(I've) been careful." Um. The hell. The Wraiths should've been all over his hide for what he did. Caution was never a part of it.
  • Zoom exposits (ugh) that the Wraiths have been after him ever since he created his first time remnant. Except the remnant that we thought was E2 Flash for so long apparently never attracted the Wraiths' attention either. Nor does the remnant he creates early in the finale.
  • So Barry finally creates a remnant who promptly sacrifices himself (and it's totally unclear which Barry is 'ours' and which is the 'remnant', and it's farther confused by the fact Barry later says "I ran back in time moments before I left"). The Wraiths, despite this heroic act by remnant-Barry, come out anyway.
  • But the Wraiths don't go for Barry, who they wanted once before. Now they go for Zoom. Who created a remnant earlier that they didn't care about.
In one Star Trek novel I read, Geordi LaForge said of time travel, "(It) gives me nosebleeds." Time Wraiths, time travel, and the writers' all-over-the-map plot-convenience use of them, sure ended up doing the same for me in S2.

I don't know. It's been awhile since I've watched the season, so it could be my head filling in gaps, but I seem to remember the conversation being that Wells-Thawne recognized the Wraith because he'd been dodging them. his "I've been careful" wasn't that he didn't get noticed, it was that he'd managed to hide, and Barry had inadvertently nearly got him found out.

In the finale, Zoom was who the wraiths were after all along. It was just that Barry messing with time was like an alarm that brought them there. I don't consider them "saving Barry's hide" considering he'd beaten Zoom already. The wraiths just cleaned up the mess.

It's not a leap to think that people who have a lot of experience messing with time, like Thawne and to a lesser extent Zoom, have a bit of knowledge on how to avoid the wraiths. Thawne is very calculated where Zoom is very arrogant and sloppy, but he also jumped earths, not just times. So maybe fake Jay was harder for the wraiths to pinpoint.

Has it been confirmed or talked about yet for the Thomas Wayne Batman?

She can appear whenever she wants however much she wants as far as I'm concerned, she was awesome, wish they'd kept her on as a regular.

I feel the show has not been the same since the King Shark episode. However flashpoint has got me excited lets hope it gets as good as season 1 and the early half of season 2

The poster poorly photoshops the suit into an overbearingly bright shade of red that's hard to look at, they also forgot to leave the earbolts gold, CW needs to find some new people to do their promo images. I'll take dark red/maroon over that image any day.

Not saying the actual suit shouldn't be a brighter red though, just that I think that promo poster goes way overboard.

They should have used a different background color. red on red just makes the suit harder to see.

I feel the show has not been the same since the King Shark episode. However flashpoint has got me excited lets hope it gets as good as season 1 and the early half of season 2
I think S2 went kind of downhill after they pulled the Zoom-is-Jay reveal, honestly. The original construction of the story was a lot simpler and having Zoom murder Jay gave it a lot of emotional weight. Putting all the convoluted Jay-is-time-remnant-Zoom on top of that just turned it largely into nonsensical mush.

For instance, E2 Wells immediately perks up when he heard the name Hunter Zolomon. Knew who he was, knew his history, quickly theorized that Zolomon was in fact Zoom. If Zolomon was so infamous on E2 that Wells immediately remembered him by name, did nobody on E2 not notice that the Flash looked JUST LIKE HUNTER ZOLOMON?

Ugh. I just can't think too heavily about S2. It hurts the head.

The Flash and Reverse Flash fan art by BossLogic Inc.

14457459_10153688206376923_4065623965498621620_n.jpg
14390834_10153688206436923_4192085568795847958_n.jpg

I think S2 went kind of downhill after they pulled the Zoom-is-Jay reveal, honestly. The original construction of the story was a lot simpler and having Zoom murder Jay gave it a lot of emotional weight. Putting all the convoluted Jay-is-time-remnant-Zoom on top of that just turned it largely into nonsensical mush.

For instance, E2 Wells immediately perks up when he heard the name Hunter Zolomon. Knew who he was, knew his history, quickly theorized that Zolomon was in fact Zoom. If Zolomon was so infamous on E2 that Wells immediately remembered him by name, did nobody on E2 not notice that the Flash looked JUST LIKE HUNTER ZOLOMON?

Ugh. I just can't think too heavily about S2. It hurts the head.

I don't know what you're talking about. They look NOTHING alike.

........ Zoloman has a beard.

Wasn't Zolomon thought to be dead? People would probably just pass it off as them kinda looking similar if anyone noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"