The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the premiere date for Legends Season 2 is different from Season 1, then I'm assuming that the actor that plays Rip Hunter will be available for most of the first half of Season 3 (The Flash).

If that's the case, would anyone else be interested in seeing Rip Hunter show up to help Barry fix the potential mess that he created by changing the timeline?

^ Legends is airing in the Fall alongside Supergirl, Flash, and Arrow, so the only time we'll likely see Rip and the rest of the Legends outside of their own show is in December during the big 4-way crossover.

Really? So does that mean that Legends has been upgraded into being a full series (22-23 Episodes), as opposed to just being 16 episodes? Or do they plan on finishing their first season by the end of 2016?

It might be a good idea to not do a big bad guy lead up thing. I am wondering when are we going to see gorilla grodd again though? But yeah it could make things different and bring a freshness after 2 season of the big bad.
Speaking of this big ape, [BLACKOUT]we will probably see him again with a different backstory after the season's finale[/BLACKOUT].

i havent seen Legends yet, but i cant wait to see what they have in store for season 3.

ever since i started watching earlier last year (i didnt get to see the first season air on TV), i got immediately hooked. season 1 was great, and personally, i thought season 2 was even better. i cant believe that i missed out on this tv series... and the addition to time travel.. oh dont get me started... im such a fanboy of time travel tv shows

[BLACKOUT]and i really do hope in the future for an Earth 3 Flash spin off with John Wesley Shipp as Jay Garrick[/BLACKOUT]

Really? So does that mean that Legends has been upgraded into being a full series (22-23 Episodes), as opposed to just being 16 episodes? Or do they plan on finishing their first season by the end of 2016?

We don't know yet.

Unless the premiere date for Legends Season 2 is different from Season 1, then I'm assuming that the actor that plays Rip Hunter will be available for most of the first half of Season 3 (The Flash).

If that's the case, would anyone else be interested in seeing Rip Hunter show up to help Barry fix the potential mess that he created by changing the timeline?

Not really, because it'd be the blind trying to lead the sighted. Rip was *terrible* at manipulating time, and almost as bad about fixing consequences left in his wake. Ten minutes in, Barry would be punching out Rip for being a self-centered arrogant hypocrite, and justifiably so.

If anything, its Barry who should be tasked with fixing Rip Hunter's mistakes. Like the whole "there's an incoming alien invasion going to wipe out humanity" thing.

I do kind of wonder where they will shake loose the budget for this. Ditching the Hawks will save money, sure, but I wouldn't imagine it'd save *that* much money. Ditto for established sets and CGI libraries.

I binge watched the laat 6 eps of S2 yesterday. Wow, this up there with the 1st season. Well done. Is JWS's 90s series in this multiverse?

No evidence for it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

I'm absolutely dying for DC to pull the multiverse off. Gustin's Flash, Gadot's Wonder Woman, and Bale's Batman interacting would be so awesome on every level.

No evidence for it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

What do you mean "no evidence"?

They've already brought in 3 Earth-1 doppelgangers of characters from the '90s Flash series - played by the exact same actors - and we actually saw an image of JWS' Barry Allen running by during the trip to Earth-2 in "Welcome to Earth-2".

The series is definitely part of the wider Arrow-Derived Multiversal Reality Construct, which currently comprises 5 realities: Earth-1 (the setting of Arrow, Flash, Vixen, Constantine, and Legends), Earth-2, Earth-3 (home of the real Jay Garrick), Supergirl's Earth (which I've taken to calling "Earth-S"), and the Earth of the '90s Flash series.

Yup, Barry saw multiple Earths and Timelines when he time traveled. It is safe to assume that JWS is the Flash in one of them, unless they want to retcon it and claim it was really Jay Garrick.

Yup, Barry saw multiple Earths and Timelines when he time traveled. It is safe to assume that JWS is the Flash in one of them, unless they want to retcon it and claim it was really Jay Garrick.

The real Jay's costume is totally different from the '90s Flash costume, so they can't actually do that (especially since what they used in Welcome to Earth-2 was actual archive footage - albeit digitally flipped - from the '90s show).

The real Jay's costume is totally different from the '90s Flash costume, so they can't actually do that (especially since what they used in Welcome to Earth-2 was actual archive footage - albeit digitally flipped - from the '90s show).
I can't tell if I'm just imagining things or something, but how many glimpses did we have?

I feel like we saw something at the end of last season, but I also feel like it happened only during this season.

As far as I know, the only glimpse we saw of JWS in costume as Barry Allen/The Flash came in "Welcome to Earth-2", but there could conceivably have been a glimpse in the Season 1 finale (I'd have to go back and check).

Incidentally, we now have confirmed doppelgangers of Henry Allen existing in 3 different realities of the Arrow-Derived Multiversal Reality Construct (Earth-2, Earth-3, and the 90s Flash universe).

I just checked, I'm confusing the two.

Last season, we only saw Barry's past, present and future.

This season, we saw glimpses of alternate worlds. We saw Supergirl, 90's Flash, and Post-Apocalyptic Star City (which is technically another timeline), Grood, Jonah Hex, and the Legion Ring.

Gustin says he's heard whispers next season's big bad won't be a meta (3:50 mark or so) https://youtu.be/U3PciHFwSPM

Awesome interview and a lot of Flashpoint drops:

> "Things are definitely going to be different. Different iterations of characters and situations and relationships that are familiar to viewers. It's going to definitely throw viewers for a loop. It's like waking up in Wonderland.'
> "I bet next year there's probably more cross-overs than we've ever had."

At the least that would confirm that the next big bad isn't a speedster, still leaves the door open for a lot of Flash's rogues though since a lot of them are tech based.

Well, unless Barry finds out he is the big bad, in which case it is another speedster.

At the least that would confirm that the next big bad isn't a speedster, still leaves the door open for a lot of Flash's rogues though since a lot of them are tech based.

I'll be happy it won't be a speedster. Pulling for Mirror Master.

Wasn't Mirror Master and Doctor Alchemy teased for this season?

Wasn't Mirror Master and Doctor Alchemy teased for this season?

I'm hoping for Shade but with James Robinsons Starman characterization, it would be like Daredevil season 2, he'd be a more brutal anti-hero who loses his way more and more, getting consumed by the darkness.

Ofcourse if they're pulling Flashpoint I wouldn't be surprised if the Rogues are the villains with Cold as leader in a universe where Barry is a fugitive or outlaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"