The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Thread Manager, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallops Registered

If they were smart, they'd incorporate what happened on the Flash finale on the finale of Arrow tonight. Have the timeline be a little altered or them acknowledge something that didn't happen. This way it sets up next season on both shows with the altered timeline.

2. herolee10 No More Miracles

In your guys's opinions, do you feel like Barry's decision to go back in time to save his mother in last night's finale undid all of the character arc/development that we saw of him coming to terms with her death in prior episodes?

3. Paradox1 Registered

No, because he was still grieving about his Dad it's a whole new thing to deal with.

4. Infinity9999x Registered

Agreed. He went through a bit of a ringer at the end there. I would have preferred they had layered the pain Zoom through at him throughout the season more, but even as it was it still made sense given all he had to go through.

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

I've always considered time travel and rewriting history at times to be somewhat an form of killing since you're essentially erasing the lives and characters that existed in the prior timeline.

The original flash that saved young Barry from RF was essentially "killed" imho along with everyone from his original timeline when Thawne succeeded in killing Nora. So our current Barry, in an way, just "killed" the members of Team Flash by rewriting history last night.

6. Astro13Zombie Registered

C'mon now. :funny:

7. herolee10 No More Miracles

Lol, we'll it's not like he murdered them. Plus, he could always bring them back if he goes back in time and stops himself from saving his mother.

But for the time being, the current members of Team Flash no longer exist as a result of Barry's actions.

8. Kyle Registered

MCU is definitely getting better at it. Just want the same thing DCTVU has going on where I can watch all three shows and see them consistently in communication with one another whether it's through their heroes, supporting cast members helping out, or villains traveling from one show to the next. MCU seems to be heading there with Homecoming and Ragnarok, hopefully. They pulled it off with Ant Man and Iron Man 3 just hoping it continues.

Also love Civil War, third favorite MCU film, just as said I'm looking for them to continue to establish that outside of event films they're still in each other's lives. They're starting to do that. Just want it to stick.

9. Infinity9999x Registered

Well, let's be real, they can't have them in eachother's lives too much because if we tried to apply real world logic to these kinds of things, the drama wouldn't last long. Why didn't Barry just zoom over and take out Ra's in Season 3? It would have taken him all of ten minutes. Why didn't any of the Avengers drop in to help Tony with the Mandarin?

The answer is the same as it is in the comics: Because then we'd destroy any kind of dramatic tension. So there's always going to be some level of disconnect with these stories, especially with characters whose power levels vary drastically, like Captain America to Thor or Flash to Green Arrow.

10. Reek _____

Here, bud. For the ********.

[​IMG]

11. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

I hope they drop the "big bad of the season" formula for the next one, the formula might distract from other interesting developments more deserving of screen time, and it will be a nice change of pace to -for once- not have one, after 7 (I think all Arrow seasons have that, am I right?) seasons of the same formula.

12. Infinity9999x Registered

Interesting. Since they're doing Flashpoint, they could actually have no big bad, and let the majority of the drama come from the situation itself. I'd be interested to see something like that.

13. Kyle Registered

Again, not talking necessarily hero interaction. I'm talking about the finer details: Diggle, Joe, Caitlyn, Felicity, Cisco, etc. Going back and forth. As well as the villains. Having the supporting characters lay the groundwork like they do in the comics.

______

And I take it that's just Reek's personality now....

14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Why have the showrunners been EXTRA quiet? They've given zero interviews on what his means for the series or the universe.

15. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

Finally watched the finale. Disappointed is a nice way to put it.

A predictable face behind the iron mask. Some of the worst dialogue the show has had so far.

And [blackout]Barry going back to save his mother? That undoes a large part of his character progression from last season, accepting the bad things that happen and still being a hero.[/blackout]

Really hope they go with non-speedster big bad next season. And I never thought I'd say this, but go easy on the time travel.

16. Speed Force Goober

Yeah, I was wondering if they'll even do a big bad next season. I'd be okay if they didn't as long as it was still interesting (obviously) and if they do use one, It better not be another speedster.

17. Headliner Registered

Why are people hoping for the Black Flash and being excited for this? I read up on him and his entire character seems pointless and corny. Seems like a waste of time.

18. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Something like this.

Time travel rules are crazy, especially with Flash.

19. spiderman2 Registered

It might be a good idea to not do a big bad guy lead up thing. I am wondering when are we going to see grilla grod again though? But yeah it could make things different and bring a freshness after 2 season of the big bad. I loved smallville back in the day and I think one reason it last 10 season was because they changed things up. Like for example season 1 was mostly Clark using his powers to stop freak or the weeks. Season 2 was more Clark finding out about where he came from. Season 3 was more about lex and his dark side etc. If they had just continued to do a freak of the week thing I think the show would have gotten to repetitive and would have last as long.

20. The Apocalypse Registered

:lmao:

I wouldn't mind going with a little less time travel though.

21. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Eh, thinking you could do a couple minutes of research and then tell us what we should or should not be excited about is a bigger waste of time.

22. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

That would allow them to bring back Laurel.

23. Paradox1 Registered

Or it could have black siren in a weird place. She doesn't have a history on this earth but she isn't immune to Barry's time traveling shenanigans. She isn't in the pipeline anymore and she isn't on Earth 2. Could Black Siren wake up on Arrow living Laurel's life? It will be so weird

24. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Maybe she'll wake up in the Pipeline like "Man...that stab wound hurt...why am I in Barry's freak prison...? Hmm. Maybe I was just really drunk." :oldrazz:

25. Astro13Zombie Registered

:whatever:

"I read up on him"

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.