The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror Master is long overdue, I can't believe they haven't introduced him yet! One of my favorite Flash villains.

If this universe can make the likes of Captain Cold and Heatwave come off as more larger than life characters when compared to their comic counterparts then they shouldn't have a problem doing so for Mirror Master, especially if they cast the right actor for the role.

Mirror Master is long overdue, I can't believe they haven't introduced him yet! One of my favorite Flash villains.

That they haven't introduced him yet definitely makes me think they want him as a big bad at some point, that or the movie called dibs.

If they do have a new "big bad" for Season 3 that's not an meta then I hope it isn't an villain where, by common sense, isn't someone who the Flash should be able to defeat if he were to simply disarm them (Cold and Heatwave) but for some strange reason, chooses not to.

I also wonder on whether the Flashpoint paradox timeline will last for the whole season or only for an handful of episodes.

The flashpoint timeline is only going to last a couple of episodes maybe 2-3 at max but the most unlikely thing would be it last to the winter break.

Last edited:
The flashpoint timeline is only going to last a couple of seasons. I say 2-3 episodes at max but the most unlikely thing would be it last to the winter break.

I think it's too important and too complex of a storyline to last any less that 5-6 eps. Any less than that and it will feel rushed.

Any idea when season 2 will be released on Blu-ray?

If you compare pics of the real Jay Garrick with the Zoom/ Jay Garrick, it would remind you of the feud between Jay Garrick and his own Reverse-Flash called Rival from the comics.

I think it's too important and too complex of a storyline to last any less that 5-6 eps. Any less than that and it will feel rushed.

I say 2-3 episodes because it's involves other shows such as Arrow and Legends. Those shows are all planning their own seasons, and anything more than 2-3 episodes devouted to Flash's time traveling shenanigans. Seems like a lot to handle unless everyone is on this timeline till winter break.

The conversation has moved on from this subject, but I wanted to clarify why I said that you cannot merge the Arrowverse with the "Superverse", and it comes down to the following things:
1) Merging the two universes without creating a brand-new universe for the series to inhabit would completely rewrite the established history of both Arrow and The Flash because of the existence of Superman and the presence and knowledge of alien life

2) Merging the two universes without creating a brand-new universe for the series to inhabit would completely rewrite the story put forth in the final few episodes of Legends of Tomorrow's just-completed first season because of the existence of Superman and the presence and knowledge of alien life

3) Merging the two universes without creating a brand-new universe for the series to inhabit would completely alter the nature of Supergirl's first season as a whole, and of the Flash/Supergirl crossover in particular, which would in turn alter the nature of the 'setup' for said crossover present in "The Flash vs. Zoom"

If you attempted to "merge" the Supergirl universe with the Arrowverse, you would have to essentially reboot both series because the histories that they have established for themselves are completely and fundamentally incompatible with one another because they are dramatically different from one another.

I hope they drop the "big bad of the season" formula for the next one, the formula might distract from other interesting developments more deserving of screen time, and it will be a nice change of pace to -for once- not have one, after 7 (I think all Arrow seasons have that, am I right?) seasons of the same formula.

I read a comment about how it might help to pull a Gotham and make the season into 2 major storylines or go a bit more episodic.

I read a comment about how it might help to pull a Gotham and make the season into 2 major storylines or go a bit more episodic.

With Flashpoint coming I could see that, have the first half be Flashpoint and the repercussions, maybe the time wraiths/Black Flash come after Barry because of what he did? And then the second half could be another villain entirely. I actually really liked that Gotham did that, felt like getting two seasons in one.

The conversation has moved on from this subject, but I wanted to clarify why I said that you cannot merge the Arrowverse with the "Superverse", and it comes down to the following things:
1) Merging the two universes without creating a brand-new universe for the series to inhabit would completely rewrite the established history of both Arrow and The Flash because of the existence of Superman and the presence and knowledge of alien life

2) Merging the two universes without creating a brand-new universe for the series to inhabit would completely rewrite the story put forth in the final few episodes of Legends of Tomorrow's just-completed first season because of the existence of Superman and the presence and knowledge of alien life

3) Merging the two universes without creating a brand-new universe for the series to inhabit would completely alter the nature of Supergirl's first season as a whole, and of the Flash/Supergirl crossover in particular, which would in turn alter the nature of the 'setup' for said crossover present in "The Flash vs. Zoom"

If you attempted to "merge" the Supergirl universe with the Arrowverse, you would have to essentially reboot both series because the histories that they have established for themselves are completely and fundamentally incompatible with one another because they are dramatically different from one another.

Agreed and this is why I'm all for the crossover, but against the idea of merging Supergirl's world with Flash, Arrow, and Legend's. She was established on her own and doesn't need the rub from them.

When might we start getting some season 3 news? When is it supposed to start filming?

Also,
I wonder how much of a change we'll see in the flash suit for next season?
I really like the one he has currently but an upgrade would be nice.

Last edited:
It's not like Superman really does much of anything in that universe anyway. And the big problems that happen on the show's usually begin and end within a short period of time. And Arrow and The Flash barely acknowledge eachother, so it's not much of a shift. A nuke dropped on a town on Arrow a few weeks ago and noone on The Flash batted an eye, let alone acknowledged it.
They wouldn't be effected if they were time traveling when Barry changed the past, right?
It's not that hard to rework. Barry would remember and they could come up with some sciencey nonsense to explain why Kara would, or she maybe she wouldn't, Barry wasn't really that important to Kara's character or the episode anyway. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

IMO, the best way to structure these shows is to NOT have a single big bad that lasts all season.

They should "split" the show into two season. Have one storyline for before the winter break and another for after leading up to the season finale.

What would be awesome is if "Flashpoint" lasted until the winter finale and the 2nd half of the season be devoted to, say, Mirror Master gathering the rogues culminating in a "Rogue War" with Flash & Kid Flash vs. MM, Trickster, WW, Captain Cold, Heatwave, etc.

Season Three I'd like to see Mirror Master play a pivotal role as the one baddie who uses technology to become a super villain that cause problems for The Flash.

I like the idea of splitting it like Gotham did this season. Lets you keep the story a focus with less filler. Maybe have the first half of the season be the Flashpoint storyline and Barry trying to fix it. The winter finale can show Barry back to what is supposed to be the "normal" timeline which still got a little messy because if the time travel stuff, and there be serious threats due to Mirror Master, who we then see the second half of the season.

I think making the Flashpoint storyline go 10-12 episodes and the "big baddie" the second half of the season allows for each story to be properly told.

Maybe they can do the same with Arrow and LOT. Especially Arrow.

That they haven't introduced him yet definitely makes me think they want him as a big bad at some point, that or the movie called dibs.
Is Mirror Master that powerful? I don't remember that in the stuff I've read with him.

IMO, the best way to structure these shows is to NOT have a single big bad that lasts all season.

They should "split" the show into two season. Have one storyline for before the winter break and another for after leading up to the season finale.

What would be awesome is if "Flashpoint" lasted until the winter finale and the 2nd half of the season be devoted to, say, Mirror Master gathering the rogues culminating in a "Rogue War" with Flash & Kid Flash vs. MM, Trickster, WW, Captain Cold, Heatwave, etc.
This sounds great to me. The one real problem I think this show has are the filler episodes.

It's not like Superman really does much of anything in that universe anyway. And the big problems that happen on the show's usually begin and end within a short period of time. And Arrow and The Flash barely acknowledge eachother, so it's not much of a shift. A nuke dropped on a town on Arrow a few weeks ago and noone on The Flash batted an eye, let alone acknowledged it.They wouldn't be effected if they were time traveling when Barry changed the past, right?It's not that hard to rework. Barry would remember and they could come up with some sciencey nonsense to explain why Kara would, or she maybe she wouldn't, Barry wasn't really that important to Kara's character or the episode anyway. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

:whatever: :facepalm:

I give up.

Believe what you want, even if it's nonsensical and totally contradictory to and at odds with the way in which these series have been developed and what they've established.

Yeah, I'm hoping they split it in two this season. Similar to what you said, but I'd just make Mirror Master the big bad by himself and then in season 4 have the Rogues be the big bads and possibly even devote 1 or 2 episodes to each one by themselves

:whatever: :facepalm:

I give up.

Believe what you want, even if it's nonsensical and totally contradictory to and at odds with the way in which these series have been developed and what they've established.

Have you seen the success rate of your predictions Digific? Because I'm pretty sure you don't have as good a handle on how the shows function as you think you do. Not saying they will merge universe's, but I don't think it's as impossible to do and pull off as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"